Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

WHY DID I PICK HUMAN IM USELESS!!@!!

Quote Originally Posted by sugarFO View Post
    WHY DID I PICK HUMAN IM USELESS!!@!!
    I keep giving you hints: http://www.amazon.com/Franco-America.../dp/B0042ZYOTM

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    They have better T-ATK.

Which is, you know, important for playing force.

This is true at later stage when the gap between newman and cast increase. But right now, it's only 50pts difference and remember all shields and weapon can add stats.

So for now the advantage of newman with more T-ATK is only benefiting in equiping a weapon.
    Currently on the more advanced version of PSU

On a more serious note, humans in online games usually have the "advantage" of being jacks of all trades. Normally, that's pretty useless, but in a game where you have to pay six bucks to make a new character, it's not half bad being able to have good, if not the best stats, in every class without having to pay for a new slot.

Then again, the stat differences are pretty negligible this time around to begin with anyway, so, meh...

I picked a Human because I wanted to be a Human. 3 stat point difference? Yeah that's going to make a monumental difference.

The better Hunter is that one doesn't care about min/maxing and is there to have fun and be a team player. Like I had this Hunter today use wired claws today. Odd, because I usually see the usual Partizan/G.Sword baby hunters who go in to kill everything and completely forget about their party. Well, we had a Code Avoid clip the wall by us and run in and slap me into single digit HP. Hunter yanked a mob about to hit me, and spun it to death. We managed to survive the Avoid Monster and complete it after that.

Seriously. The only Hunters I see are the ones who treat it like they are solo when in a party.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Eh, still don't matter. Cast best Hunter while newman is the best force and human is just meh (Eh humans were always the boring race for me seeing as every other game has humans....tired of that). Could care less if its just by 0.5 points. Its like saying the second place guy who was behind the first place guy by 0.1 seconds is the best. Nope. First place guy is the best.

Since I focus as both a hunter tank and dps (eh extra skill tree), the HP, DEF, and so on mean a lot and I'm glad I'm not newman.

However, unlike the previous games, its not a huge difference like it used to be........for now. Until then, Cast supremacy unless "two magical races come out in the future to take over!"

From what I see, in actual efficiency when equal gear, there won't be any noticeable differences. If the mobs take 20 hits to die from newman female, it would still die by about 20 hits from cast male.

HOWEVER!

Reaching the stat requirement for the best gear is totally different. In my opinion, this is where that little bit more of base stats from a certain race help a lot. This means you need to devote less of certain point from mag and/or less from skill tree stat boost in order to equip the best gear. Especially the skill tree part. So to come up with who is better etc... we going to need to refer to the equipment list along with the base stat list, and plan out a skill tree distribution.

But in the end... it probably won't be too different. The race with disadvantageous stats just need to number crunch a little more that's all.

I am liking the design quite a lot. It give customize a new meaning (or rather, truly customizable, and without breaking the game). Kind of pokemon-ish. Only thing is... if I want to switch class (and be good), I really need to pay for that extra mag; because the mag would need to be fit like a glove to equip both the best weapon and units.
    Last edited by SolRiver; Jul 21, 2012 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    They have better T-ATK.

Which is, you know, important for playing force.
    I know but, in pso ep 1-2 there were other random properties of the races like hp regen or ability to use techs as a hunter. There has got to be more than t-atk as a benefit to being a newman or human.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyData View Post
    I know but, in pso ep 1-2 there were other random properties of the races like hp regen or ability to use techs as a hunter. There has got to be more than t-atk as a benefit to being a newman or human.
    No, there's not. Casts have better stats for direct physical combat, and the other classes have better stats (okay, one stat) for techs.

Humans are the go-between. They're not the best or worst at anything.

Besides, everyone has PP regen. Noone has HP regen. Traps and techs are class-specific. Race is now just about stats, unfortunately.