Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Changes that should to be made to Affixing!

Please share what would you like to see changed to the Affixing System!

At the moment its literally impossible to affix more then two affix's let alone the max... Even with the 5-10% Bump you can buy with AC its still utter garbage. It reminds me exactly of Weapon Upgrading in PSU but a tad worse.

Luckily enough for me i got Level 4 Poison on my Lance

I would like to see them change the Percentage of success by about 20%.
    That way i am not failing 80% of the time by simply adding another Level 1 affix to another weapon...

What would you like to see changed?
    Last edited by IAmSecretSpy; Jul 22, 2012 at 03:16 PM.

Make it so failing doesn't eat your ingredient weapons. there, now it's more like grinding in that you can just spam over and over and over until your money is all gone.

EDIT: Wait that actually doesn't make a whole lot of sense because you can fail some affixes and succeed others. I think you get the general idea though.
    Last edited by HFlowen; Jul 22, 2012 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HFlowen View Post
    Make it so failing doesn't eat your ingredient weapons. there, now it's more like grinding in that you can just spam over and over and over until your money is all gone.
    Wow i actually like this a lot better, how about a percentage chance that you might loose the ingredient?

Make it so a failed affix doesn't wipe that slot. Just leave it with an affix titled FAILURE or BROKEN or some crap. What a direly awful system. Then you can go back to trying to replace those affixes without having to deal with reduced success rate from raising the slot count on top of it.

Give us the option to punch that twat Dodo.

1)Get rid of 'the same number of affixes crap'. With x1 and x1 it's really hard to add up to anything at all. You'd have to go (4x) power I, power I to (2x) power II, power II, to (1x) power III and then do that all over again with ability or something to get an extremely low chance of adding the two abilities to a one slot rare weapon. And then all of your tinkering gets destroyed in the process when it fails. It really doesn't scale well.

2) Cut the overrides. Say you pick up a rare that has something gimped like armI with exp boost +10%. It'd be nice to tack on something like abilityII (or 3), except any abilities added to that weapon will over write the exp boost. You should be able to have the option to retain abilities of the item that is being added to.

3) You should be able to use any weapon as fodder. If you only want shootII or something from a 4x weapon to a 1x weapon, you should be able to do so.

4) You should be able to combine more than 2 weapons at once.

5) Better options for increasing affixes on a weapon. rather than increasing by 1 each time, each added ability should decrease the chances of all abilities being added by 5% or something like that.

6) Failing shouldn't wipe slots.

The entire system is tedious as hell and needs some serious trimming down.

It's pretty tedious, but really only because the UI is horrible and you can't search for affixes from your inventory/storage. And Dodo is a %$(&ing troll.

Those of you wanting easier affixing though... I hope you realize a few things...

1) Gear isn't boe other than rares and you get a LOT of non-rare stuff. You also get quite a bit of meseta from vendoring and pick-ups. There absolutely has to be huge sinks for removing meseta/items from the game. There are only 1 real way to get rid of meseta - which is the item lab. Shop fees, medicine, tekker fees sure, but those are a drop in the bucket.

2) There is only 2 ways to get rid of items - vendoring or item lab fodder. You can pick up HUNDREDS of items an hour in a good farming session - multiply that by however many people actively play at all levels, with a generous default storage vault. These items need to be destroyed or things just get totally saturated beyond demand. Rares get a little saturated but element boosting rares is a pretty heft venture considering the drop rate, and the maxers will take those out of the system.

so, to wit... if it were easier to make nice 3+ affix combos then items wouldn't get removed, meseta wouldn't get removed, and your wedding dresses would cost 10 million M instead of 500k or however much they're at.

It just sucks that it's just a huge gambling scheme though (yay failing 8 times catastrophically on this Tig Ridol at +9...)

PS: You can actually use any# affix gear when modding a 0-slot item... You suffer the extra slot penalty but the first one is never really a problem for me.

Ship02 RA40 - Artemis (Jey)

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Make it so a failed affix doesn't wipe that slot. Just leave it with an affix titled FAILURE or BROKEN or some crap. What a direly awful system. Then you can go back to trying to replace those affixes without having to deal with reduced success rate from raising the slot count on top of it.
    I could get behind this. Not only is the success rate abysmal to begin with, but it becomes worse every time you have to re-add that damned slot. It's even worse if the game decided to punch you in the groin and delete more than one slot.

I'd even go so far as to say a failure shouldn't even wipe your existing affixes.

Quote Originally Posted by JeyKama View Post
    It's pretty tedious, but really only because the UI is horrible and you can't search for affixes from your inventory/storage. And Dodo is a %$(&ing troll.

Those of you wanting easier affixing though... I hope you realize a few things...

1) Gear isn't boe other than rares and you get a LOT of non-rare stuff. You also get quite a bit of meseta from vendoring and pick-ups. There absolutely has to be huge sinks for removing meseta/items from the game. There are only 1 real way to get rid of meseta - which is the item lab. Shop fees, medicine, tekker fees sure, but those are a drop in the bucket.

2) There is only 2 ways to get rid of items - vendoring or item lab fodder. You can pick up HUNDREDS of items an hour in a good farming session - multiply that by however many people actively play at all levels, with a generous default storage vault. These items need to be destroyed or things just get totally saturated beyond demand. Rares get a little saturated but element boosting rares is a pretty heft venture considering the drop rate, and the maxers will take those out of the system.

so, to wit... if it were easier to make nice 3+ affix combos then items wouldn't get removed, meseta wouldn't get removed, and your wedding dresses would cost 10 million M instead of 500k or however much they're at.

It just sucks that it's just a huge gambling scheme though (yay failing 8 times catastrophically on this Tig Ridol at +9...)

PS: You can actually use any# affix gear when modding a 0-slot item... You suffer the extra slot penalty but the first one is never really a problem for me.
    +1 someone needs to hammer into you guys' head the evils of inflation so that you'll come to love the highly effective gold sink that is in place in this game.