Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Wren View Post
    I suppose THIS is Microsoft's fault as well?

All the people saying that I was wrong when I said PSO2 would kill all of PSU extremely fast.
    To top it all off, Cash shop didn't save PSU one lick.

Looks like PSUJP gets a scant 20 days past Xbox, hope you enjoy it.
    Maybe, and I doubt it, Japan will be nice and give you a final event like 360 had with free cash shop stuff.
    Actually that's not true, the Cash Shop did help, you see; it did what most cash shops are for it brought in money and due to SEGA seeing how much the users were willing to spend on those types of items, helped them decided about AC for PSO2.

PSU was just really outdated, this is only for the best. More focus onto PSO2 and other projects to come! Also SEGA did talk about focusing on digital and free-to-play content.

The 360 version got some of the GC items, but from what I seen and heard it wasn't exactly the same content. So the 360 kinda of got the short end of the stick.

Skilled Fighter DeathDragon2332's Avatar

So I accepted this but now a "certain private server" is not going to continue production so PSU is dead on all systems and possible servers wtf ><
    IAN-Lvl 180 Male Beast Gunmaster (360)
    D3ath D3aler Lvl 180 Male Cast Acrofighter (360)
    KanameChidori Lvl 180 Female Newman MasterForce (360)

KanameChidori lvl 180 Female Cast AF20 FM20 FF20 PT20 (JP)
    LaLa lvl 180 Female Newman 20 MF 20 FT (JP)

That's a shame, I was planning to idly play PSU JP a bit if I can get my laptop fixed when the 360 servers close, not really much point now. They're very eager to ram PSO2 down everyone's throats to get that cash shop model generating money I guess.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDragon2332 View Post
    So I accepted this but now a "certain private server" is not going to continue production so PSU is dead on all systems and possible servers wtf ><
    I wish he would just give the code to someone else. I know I could play PSP2i for my PSU fix but thats not the same. It doesn't get anymore DLC and I don't think if will even last long.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    I wish he would just give the code to someone else.
    It's open source. You can download it yourself. Nobody wants to put the effort in, though.

Funny thing, PSO2 has more potential but it's still not mature enough to hold interest for long at this point IMO.

They should keep PSU around until around 1 year after PSO2's launch to let the newer game build up content, and also to do justice to the people who spent on GC since that doesn't transfer over to PSO2.

I never spent a single cent on GC, myself, but I feel bad for the people who did. Good thing I quit early =p

I'll probably stay on C9 until the Fall update for PSO2. Then I'll see whether to main GW2 or PSO2. Or maybe stay on C9 till Neverwinter. So many options :O

And Keilyn, PSO2 is free to play.

It is the end of the universe as we know it.....

Sega’s money problems must be geting pretty bad :l

I actually half expected this, so I didn't put much effort into my JP characters. I do feel bad for the PSU fans who were planning to/had moved to the JP PC servers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Wren View Post
    With Free Cash shop stuff? Thats what 360 got.
    Free cash shop stuff? You mean the re-skinned weapons that people pay $10 a month for?

Not that surprising at all. When I played Phantasy Star Online 2 since its closed beta inception, I found myself not playing Phantasy Star Universe series (excluding Portable version which i never own a PSP) anymore. PSO2 brought the best elements of PSU and PSO to make them better.
    I presume most Japanese players after trying PSO2 will hardly play PSU because they will not find any reason to continue. Sega of Japan decision is due mainly business because they are no reason to maintain the outdated PSU which exposed the bad management of the company on oversea market (except maybe XBox 360). SoJ seems to attempt to redeem themselves to fanbase and customers. I will not be surprised SoJ is taking lessons from the success of Final Fantasy XI series which is in its 10th years of operation.
    Japanese PSO2 Character
    Aliyah Tulumba Hunter