Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    I can say that it works, but in case there are bans being handed out, create a backup of the win32 folder.
    how would this help with the bans?

in any case, I probably won't use it as I can understand half of it as it is, but it's a good chance to get some of my casual friends into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana-Chan View Post
    This could mean that the file that you downloaded is corrupt. Try downloading it again. Or, you could give the error that it is spitting out and someone could confirm if it is a corrupt download or not.
    When I open it, it gives me simply this line:

Code:
    Unexpected end of archive
    and when I try to extract the files, I get this:

Code:
    CRC failed in 057aa975bdd2b372fe092614b0f4399e. The file is corrupt
    Unexpected end of archive
    I've downloaded this three times already from the source and I always get the same error, in the same file.

I'm kind of ashamed that westerners need the patch to be able to play. I wanted to play this game, so you know what I did? I went away and LEARNED a little Japanese so I was able to play - if you want to enjoy the game you should be willing to put a little extra effort in.

Fun isn't free.

Thanks for the heads up. I've invested too much time and money into this game so far to risk a ban, so those that are using the patch, please keep posting updates.

Playing PSP2i on PSP 6.39PRO-B6 (Online)

PSOW save games converted: 44. Conversion Service Ended.

Quote Originally Posted by BEASTMODE View Post
    I'm kind of ashamed that westerners need the patch to be able to play. I wanted to play this game, so you know what I did? I went away and LEARNED a little Japanese so I was able to play - if you want to enjoy the game you should be willing to put a little extra effort in.

Fun isn't free.
    There was a whole other argument about this before. Please don't open that can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    There was a whole other argument about this before. Please don't open that can of worms.
    I'm not arguing, I'm merely stating my opinion. Please don't try and troll by implying that I'm trying to argue.

Saying you get banned for this is like saying you get banned for .dat swapping in ffxi (or any other mmo)and I did that for years when playing it, just isn't going to happen. I thank these guys for their hard work.

Yeah. While I was able to take the time to learn some moonrunes, not everyone has the time, desire, or capability to pick up a new language just like that for a game. Even I'm glad the english patch is out.

Some people work, some people just want to play a game, and some people really really dislike countries that are surrounded by water. Joke's on them though, all countries are surrounded by water - just a matter of how far away the water is.

I'm not arguing, I'm merely stating my opinion. Please don't try and troll by implying that I'm trying to argue.
    I wan't trying to imply that you were. I just don't want one to start in the first place, so it's best not to look down on people who may be using the patch as SOMEONE is gonna get defensive about it and it'll spiral out of control. Sorry if I offended you.

Fun isn't free.
    Personally I can play the game just fine untranslated, I've played enough (almost 200 hours now I think) to know what like 99% of the menu options do offhand, I'm just using the patch since it's convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    The JP wiki has a bunch of info on that, and some examples.
    http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%8...83%BC%E3%83%89
    Hmm, still not entirely sure what they're talking about specifically though. Are they talking about all the pre-made text you can use (not the autowords)?
    Last edited by The Walrus; Aug 1, 2012 at 09:43 AM.