Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How do you feel about the AC system?

I got 3000 AC on release, and I've only spent it on having a Shop. I won't lie, I very much hate the new model of having to shell out real cash for a chance at customizing your character the way you want to. Makeover counter should use meseta. There should also be an actual variety of clothing at the normal shop for it, while having other AC based clothing without having the gacha stuff. One thing about PSU, and especially PSP2/i was customization was simple and sweet, which was one of the strong suits of the series for me. The real cash you spent in PSP2 was fairly low considering you were getting exactly what you wanted.

So pretty much the only thing I dislike about the new system is the Gacha (which could actually be much worse lol), and the makeover counter, which has always been meseta based...being 500AC. Otherwise it isn't that bad.

So how do the wonderful folks of PSO-W feel about it? Love it? Hate it? Don't care? On the fence? In the danger zone?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I.. REALLY wish this game was just P2P over all the complications....

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

The Japanese love gacha. I didn't know they loved digital gacha though... I mean, 5 or 10 years from now when the server dies, what do you have to show for it? People have already spent hundreds of dollars on this system and it's currently still limited to being out for only a month.

God only knows how many rent payments will fall behind when we get better items in the gacha system.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

It's one of the most friendly micro-transaction for a MMORPG that I've used, and I played quite a bit of Japanese/Korean/Chinese MMORPG.
    Elsword, Pangya, Cosmic Break, SD Gundam, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet_Moon View Post
    The Japanese love gacha. I didn't know they loved digital gacha though... I mean, 5 or 10 years from now when the server dies, what do you have to show for it? People have already spent hundreds of dollars on this system and it's currently still limited to being out for only a month.

God only knows how many rent payments will fall behind when we get better items in the gacha system.
    The same can be said for any form of entertainment.
    What do you have to show by buying CDs that you listen to once, books that you read occassionaly, and DVDs or games that after you beat, you throw it in a pile.
    Telling or condoning how other spend their money is a waste of time and comes off as elitist, and doesn't change anything.

it is a form of business, you really can't expect any great game that actually free for everything.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    It's one of the most friendly micro-transaction for a MMORPG that I've used, and I played quite a bit of Japanese/Korean/Chinese MMORPG.
    Elsword, Pangya, Cosmic Break, SD Gundam, etc.

The same can be said for any form of entertainment.
    What do you have to show by buying CDs that you listen to once, books that you read occassionaly, and DVDs or games that after you beat, you throw it in a pile.
    Telling or condoning how other spend their money is a waste of time and comes off as elitist, and doesn't change anything.
    You can collect those things, keep them in good condition, and put them on display.

And of course, always use them again or let someone borrow them.

The same can't be said about a game if the servers die. :P

(I agree that it's pointless to tell people what to spend their money on, but I don't think they meant it that way. xD )

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    it is a form of business, you really can't expect any great game that actually free for everything.
    It may be a form of business, but whether it's good or not is what's up for discussion.
    I feel like it's be much easier to play a flat rate for everything.

The way it is now, they'd expect me to give them 6 dollars to change my characters hair color. hahaha.
    Last edited by Mike; Aug 2, 2012 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Merge

Quote Originally Posted by ellu View Post
    It may be a form of business, but whether it's good or not is what's up for discussion.
    Thank you.
    I want to hear your personal opinions on the system and whether you like, hate, don't care, are on the fence, or are in the danger zone or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ellu View Post
    You can collect those things, keep them in good condition, and put them on display.

And of course, always use them again or let someone borrow them.

The same can't be said about a game if the servers die. :P

(I agree that it's pointless to tell people what to spend their money on, but I don't think they meant it that way. xD )
    And they still aren't used, and very few people actually "collect" them, and reusing them, only if their still in a usable condition that the owner stored them in a good condition, of if it's a CD game or music, with multiple disk, if you're missing 1 disk, you're in trouble.

Again, you're forcing your standard onto how other spend their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    I.. REALLY wish this game was just P2P over all the complications....
    That's not a real possibility in the current market, as most consumer are expecting freemium or F2P with Freemium, there hasn't been any MMORPG in Asia that came out in the last..2~3 year that I remember charging a monthly fee, the consumer isn't interested in a monthly fee based system, and with the cellphone and tablet app/game that are usually F2P with Freemium/micro transaction, it's just how the market has been growing, thinking of the good old day won't change that.

The Star Wars MMORPG is going F2P soon with micro-transatction, because the majority of their player isn't interested in a monthly fee, but if it's F2P with microtransaction, 40% have said they'de be willing to return.
    Last edited by Sizustar; Aug 2, 2012 at 12:32 PM.

Not really forcing anything on anybody. Just saying it's a stupid way to spend money. I mean, 10 years from now you can't even hold, sell, or barter it for something else. I'd prefer P2P because at least then I know what I'm getting This freemium stuff is too RNG for me, so I'm happy staying f2p with it.

But what do I know about holding on to or spending money. I recently bought a ducati diavel in cash.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Most ridiculous restrictions I've ever seen in a F2P game, especially foobared when it comes to the paying player base and the free player base interactions (even if you get premium set you can't trade shit with your friend who doesn't feel like paying for the game) all this bullshit because SEGA doesn't want a third party to make money out of their game
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget