Default Photon Flare vs Charge UP 1/2

Yep, i've got some doubts about Photon Flare and the skills which increase % when you attacks with charged techs. So... can anyone explain me about your experiences with those skills?

Greetings.

Charge Advance works for every tech, and is down the same route (fire) as Charge PP Revival. Some nice synergy there, even if you're not taking advantage of the rest of the fire tree with its quick-charge rafoie and such.

Since Charge Advance is a percentage modifier, it'll stay useful at the higher levels. I've put a few points into those myself, and plan to get 15 points between the two skills (as the rest of my points have gone into Bolt PP save).

At lower levels, Photon Flare is a great advantage since it gives a raw numerical boost, but later on numerical boosts will lose out to percentage boosts. We will, however, have to wait until higher and higher level caps for this overtaking to take place. AFAIK Photon Flare is 20 T-atk per level, and Charge Advance is +1% per level, so with maximum investment, that's 200 T-atk, or 20% damage boost to all techs. You'd need a total T-atk of 1000 for these to break even, and even then you'd have to spend an extra 10 skill points.

However, Photon Flare isn't permanent, it has a cooldown and comes with a hit to your HP. You can get it to lv10 by level 23 at the earliest, compared to lv24 for lv10 charge+, lv34 for lv20 charge+. At level 40 (+5) you can get both to lv10, and have one skill point left over (either for one more level of charge+ or just reversal or whatever floats your boat). Next level cap is 50 sometime in Autumn, so you'll be able to max both eventually if you really wish.

Oh, thanks. I've planned putting Photon Flare max lv and Charge up (1 or 2) at max lv.

You can see my skill tree here

However, at lv 50 i'll boost both charge up, for seeing more powerful.

Of course, since I doubt our levels and skill points are going to stay so low, just imagine both at work at once.