Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtBHR View Post
    Oh, yeah, there are also PSZ players who will refuse to do any runs that's not on the Super Hard difficulty (that unlocks online when you reach lv60) so you may want to push to get your character to lv60 as soon as you can.
    To include my own extra two-cents of info on this one, you can also play online Super if you have unlocked Super in Solo as well, even if you're not level 60 yet, similar to beating the story and unlocking Hard and being able to play online Hard, even before level 30.

At least, that's what I do with all my characters, not just because I like bumrushing to Super, but because I love making people going "lolwut?" when I join in a level 80+ party in Free Play with my 50-55 or so freshly-Super'd character when normally, they would think I'm supposed to be level 60 to even be able to do it, and am actually competent in Super despite being technically below the original required level. They must've thought I hacked the game or something... :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

To include my own extra two-cents of info on this one, you can also play online Super if you have unlocked Super in Solo as well, even if you're not level 60 yet, similar to beating the story and unlocking Hard and being able to play online Hard, even before level 30.

At least, that's what I do with all my characters, not just because I like bumrushing to Super, but because I love making people going "lolwut?" when I join in a level 80+ party in Free Play with my 50-55 or so freshly-Super'd character when normally, they would think I'm supposed to be level 60 to even be able to do it, and am actually competent in Super despite being technically below the original required level. They must've thought I hacked the game or something... :P
    Oh, yeah, I have forgotten about your discovery. I can see why it's very little known (this board has complained enough about the Eternal Tower level).

The Obssessed Force User ArrayD06's Avatar

As a first-gen regular of these parts, I am honored to welcome you to PSZ, and not because of it being a great game, but your choice to get into it at such a late time in its lifetime since its release. I hope that, once you are able to get it, you are able to have fun in it, be it yourself, or if you have online, with the many others here besides myself who would love to play with you as well. ^_^

Hopefully, by or around the time you are able to get the game, I will be inport once more (as I am in the US Navy, currently underway in the RIMPAC 2012 exercise overseas), so that I can be able to play with you soon (assuming you have online), as well as to fulfill my side-role as the self-acclaimed "NFN Senior Merchandise Supplier," to help lend you a hand, perhaps (NFN being "Needz For Newbiez, a collective of people who give newer people items to help ease them into the higher difficulties/endgame story modes, with pretty much anything you can think of, from beginners' starting kits for the really new, or for those who are higher-up who simply have trouble getting aroud on the highest difficulty on their own). I'm well-known for my generosity, and if you should ever feel the need or desire for anything that I can give you, please, feel free to contact me, and I'll be more than happy to give you a helping hand, as I'm sure most everyone else I know will be as well.

EDIT: Oh, as for starting out, as I have played this game for quite a while (fairly obvious, haha), and my general judgment for easing people into this game is to start off with a HUcast. Why? I'll just give you a few examples of my philosphy, with reasons:

--Their first stage lacks a legitimate BOSS at the end of their stage, meaning its easier to get further early on on your own
    --They have the highest HP, DFP, and ATK, and have HP regenration that comes natural to the CAST race, unlike the humans, or the Newmans (and their PP regeneration)
    --Even late-game, you'll still probably want to keep him for using the powerful Ranger-type weapons, like the Lavateinn (most powerful customizeable Rifle) or Frigiand (most powerful adjustable Gunblade)

As for my reasonings for this choice, I'll just give you my feelings about starting with the other characters: starting a Hunter human or Newman isn't entirely the best without previous support for them, as the bosses they face on the first time around can be a bit difficult t handle if you're not ready, though with previous PSO/PSP/PSU experience, I'm sure you will probably be more ready with it than others were starting out with this; I don't particularly recommend starting out with a Ranger Human either, with them being as weak as they are overall, even late-game and decked with the best gear, though I can account for the RAcast/RAcaseals' values in combat; Forces are pretty much the same as always when it comes to these games, where their useage early on implies they're only useful damage will be relying on teching, and with low PP amount and little techs starting out, you'll need a decent amount of money and techs from other sources to help jump-start them instead of starting gimped [though I liked the challenge personally, and started with a FOnewm, the hardest class to start with personally, and leveled him all the way to 100 without even starting a second character until afterwards; Chaosmaster, may he rest in piece, I had to delete him when I realized the most optimal selection of characters to have to get the most of my equippable items and sets, for a FOmarl... ], so only start out with one if you accept those risks like me and truck right on like a boss. ;P

So, anyways, all that aside, if you still need some assistance, be it even related to anything PSZ-involved or not, feel free to PM me, or really anyone else here, I'm sure, and I or they will be more than happy to help you out with whatever it may be that you wish.
    From my experiences playing as a HUcast, once I first started Super around Lv. 60, it was difficult to do a lot of damage because the accuracy required to hit the enemies with little-no problem was a little high in the beginning of first entering Super (520, but being around Lv. 60, you probably won't be near it unless you have acc. adj. on your weapons). So yeah, that's when playing with others online comes into play, which is really fun and beneficial at the same time.

Oh, and not havin access to any magic as a HUcast is another downside. (No access to Resta, Shifta, Zalure, which are really important support techs to get by in Super from my experiences playing as a melee FOmarl).

But I do agree though that you surprisingly go through Normal and Hard mode with ease. It was shocking lol.

scary place on earth called gamefaqs.com,name is CieraBakufu there.

my RAcaseal is a level 9,but i am still grinding and farming some,but thank you for the heads up about the lazy lobsters.

In a grassy field with my good friends 'The Rappys.

I just got the game the other day, I think you should choose whoever you want to be ;3 I chose to be a HUnewearl and there quite easy to use but it all depends really lol, but we should play together sometime! gl & hf.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Only a few more days until I get inport and can play with you all myself and join back in the fun! Can't wait to be able to meet all the new and fresh faces, just as much the experienced veterans I've played with so much already... (b^_^)b
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277