Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Accepting the truth.

Looking through the screenshot thread in the PSO2 section brought me to a rather depressing revelation and truth that I have been denying since the end of PSO EP1 and 2.

Circle Jerk is what I would call circle of friends that does not include me, which is out of pure jealousy. I see people get together and play together, take screens together. But it doesn't end there.

These are people who for the most part generally thought of as cool and reliable. It doesn't matter how they play, and to some degree it doesn't matter how they act. They are never the less sought after. There isn't a day where they don't have any of their friends to play with, or just hang out in their room.

Among this, there is me. I have this thing where if someone doesn't mail me first, they are simply not interested in me at all. Or if I'm simply the one handling all the communication one sidedly. I thought, it's them, they are fake etc. No, it's not that simple and it is a thought I'm not going to ride any longer. It is me. Maybe I was put in a shell over the years. I think as a person and player I have a lot to offer, but there's lack of interest in this. Even in a guild, I don't stay long because it becomes almost instantly apparent that I wont fit in.

I solo all day and in my mind, I feel forced to solo cause I wont be accepted in any groups. I don't like it and I hate every bit of it but also in my mind there is not a damn thing I can do about it. In reality, as the past has shown me too.. there really isn't.

It boils down to this - I'm not seen as worthy person to be friends with. I am not someone to take seriously. I am someone you assume you can't share anything with because I might not have that in common.

In short, I'm not interesting. I am boring. A dark contrast to who I am in real life.

There is some contradiction - To clear it up, I am unable to display my sense of humor and just how fun I can be on the net. It has been detrimental to my "online social life". There isn't anyone, and has not been anyone in the last few years that has seen me more than just an associate.

Haha I'll also add that I thought by naming my character after my mom would bring me some kind of luck...
    Last edited by Mystil; Aug 7, 2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

You can't fake who you are (or rather, you shouldn't because it's not sustainable). If you don't fit in with other groups straight away, it wouldn't work no matter what. Believe me, I tried for years. Try to be happy you found out right off the bat. There's nothing wrong with being yourself. It took me years and years to find a group I fit in with, and ever since we've been very closely knit through all kinds of things, drama, and different games.

Just be yourself, and the group will happen eventually.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

It's the internet dude, friends are more than real in flesh and blood. I think it takes a lot longer for people to be friends purely over the internet.

Haha I have a pretty decent batch of internet friends but I could never convince any of them to get passed the Jappo and play PSO2 with me so I always just solo'd all day together too. Eventually got boring so I quit.

Also you could always look up an old group of eFriends you used to hang out with and see what they're doing!

ALSO Also I am not a group of people I am just one person but if you really want someone to play with send me a PM sometime!
    Last edited by Scrub; Aug 7, 2012 at 05:35 PM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

How to make e-friends:

Be a total dick.

How to make In-Person Friends:

Be a total dick.

: D

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

@Mystil

I'll circle jerk with you. I don't know anything about you but I am very open minded so maybe we can get along.

I will try to remember to send you a friend request tomorrow since I can't play today due to maintenance. My character info is in my sig.

*edit*
    I had a few minutes before the server went down to send the friend request.
    Last edited by Inazuma; Aug 7, 2012 at 09:01 PM.
    Quit PSO2

You do a lot of assuming about yourself for others. Seems you've defeated yourself before you even try at this point. Not much else I could say that would change your mind, it seems.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystil View Post
    Looking through the screenshot thread in the PSO2 section brought me to a rather depressing revelation and truth that I have been denying since the end of PSO EP1 and 2.

Circle Jerk is what I would call circle of friends that does not include me, which is out of pure jealousy. I see people get together and play together, take screens together. But it doesn't end there.

These are people who for the most part generally thought of as cool and reliable. It doesn't matter how they play, and to some degree it doesn't matter how they act. They are never the less sought after. There isn't a day where they don't have any of their friends to play with, or just hang out in their room.

Among this, there is me. I have this thing where if someone doesn't mail me first, they are simply not interested in me at all. Or if I'm simply the one handling all the communication one sidedly. I thought, it's them, they are fake etc. No, it's not that simple and it is a thought I'm not going to ride any longer. It is me. Maybe I was put in a shell over the years. I think as a person and player I have a lot to offer, but there's lack of interest in this. Even in a guild, I don't stay long because it becomes almost instantly apparent that I wont fit in.

I solo all day and in my mind, I feel forced to solo cause I wont be accepted in any groups. I don't like it and I hate every bit of it but also in my mind there is not a damn thing I can do about it. In reality, as the past has shown me too.. there really isn't.

It boils down to this - I'm not seen as worthy person to be friends with. I am not someone to take seriously. I am someone you assume you can't share anything with because I might not have that in common.

In short, I'm not interesting. I am boring. A dark contrast to who I am in real life.

There is some contradiction - To clear it up, I am unable to display my sense of humor and just how fun I can be on the net. It has been detrimental to my "online social life". There isn't anyone, and has not been anyone in the last few years that has seen me more than just an associate.

Haha I'll also add that I thought by naming my character after my mom would bring me some kind of luck...
    Ill b ur friend. I try to reach out to ppl weather they take my offer seriausly or not. Pm me so we can get to know one another from there we meet up in game and hook up im more than willing to take the first steps if need b. Im always open to makeing new friends i can hang with or chat with daily
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    You do a lot of assuming about yourself for others. Seems you've defeated yourself before you even try at this point. Not much else I could say that would change your mind, it seems.
    You're wrong.

As for this, I don't care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Be a total dick.

: D
    You're right.
    Last edited by Mystil; Aug 13, 2012 at 01:05 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I'll be your frand.

Even though you were totally in that thread that was calling me one of those players that sit in the lobby all day spamming and saying things in a language Japanese people can't even read that'd get us all IP blocked.

(DUDE THAT WAS LIKE, ONE NIGHT! AND WE WERE QUOTING STUFF FROM A CARTOON D< )

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.