Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Whiskey/Newearl Addict Lance813's Avatar

Nyannerz to voice Lisa, Tea, Patty, and Marlu.

ALL OF MY MESETA.

Furou-uen | Rhysa | Aeryssa | Lance

Quote Originally Posted by SaiKo View Post
    To me Tia has more of a childlike, teasing, and yet somewhat low type of voice that is a bit hard to place. Lara Jill Miller, Stephanie Beard, or Lacey Chebert could work for her, but I think Lara works better as Shion, and the latter two don't seem to do much in voice-acting these days. Michelle kind of hits on some notes for her while missing others, but it's the best I could come up with off-hand that actually seems viable. Laura Bailey though would be a complete miscast, IMO. Her voice tends to come off as more stern or sultry, and I think this could work for Aki, but would be horrible for Tea. Honestly Michelle sort of runs the line such that I think she could even be a suitable Aki as well, but flipping the roles the other way just wouldn't work, IMO.

I will agree with removing Laura here for Aki - she's one of the top four VAs that I have a severe vendetta against for being far too overcast (Lowenthal takes the #1 spot), and her voice in that role is not a good match. As someone earlier said though, Ali Hillis in her Lightning voice type would be perfect to replace both Ruff and Bailey.

However, for Tia, I agree with that teasing bit. Except Tia has that sweet, yet innocent nature in her voice that makes you go KYUUUUUNNNNN everytime you hear it. That's why I put Laura there - because I've seen roles where she's done it well.

Also to clear up any confusion, Tia is the dreamy, airheaded twin, whilst Patty's the more aggressive, spunky twin.

As for Afin, I suppose it depends on how you see the character. If you see him as inquisitive and like the "Hero just starting an adventure", then Sam fits. If you see him as an obnoxious git, then Spike fits. So either way. >_>

The way I see Afin is that he's not obnoxious. He's trying to juggle the duties of a neophyte ARKs whilst also searching for his friend - and it just so happens that he didn't really have any friends before meeting you, thus he jumped on the chance when he saw you (hence the "Aibou" spam).

He's competent enough when it actually counts - like when you two went to save Matoi, he was shown to at least have a sense of level-headedness to A)Snap you out of the trance from hearing Matoi's cries for help, and B)Could at least think straight about how to deal with actually FINDING Matoi. He's not trying to make moves on her - he's just as responsible as you are.

But the thing most people call him a coward for (the Geternhalt/Mask mini-conflict) is easily explainable. First, you have the major antagonist deciding he wants to cut your head off - and there's obviously power behind that mask. Second, Geternhalt is one of the higher-ups in the ARKS chain of command - as a novice, you DON'T piss off your superior, no matter how badass you may be to think you want to try.

That's why I chose Sam for this. Afin's that character that's just getting used to how things work and has to juggle personal and work-related affairs all at once. I don't see someone like that being intentionally obnoxious.

Kirk Thornton's 'gruff old guy' voice tends to be... really abrasive to me. It just feels over-the-top, honestly. Beau is really the perfect choice for Jean to me, but I just love Michael's Schwarzwald, so I'd like to see it go to him.

I could agree with this one.

As far as Patty goes, the issue is that I feel Stephanie does much better when in a reserved or 'awkward' type of role than she does in big and boisterous roles. Honestly, her best role IMO was probably as Mamimi, and though that WAS more energetic and expressive than what you see in Maloo, it still isn't near what you need for Patty. Honestly, I changed my choice for Patty several times before settling on Tiffany. Rewatching Asuka's introduction in Eva, it seems like a role that Tiffany could do well in though.

Incorrect. Sheh doesn't do heavily assertive roles often, but when she does, she nails 'em dead. Nikki from the first Mana Khemia is one of the best examples of her being simply spunky and badass at the same time (although you wouldn't know this since she went uncredited for that one). Her role as Metis also brings into account that she can be violently serious at times as well.

And as for Kari as Lisa, my initial thought was Haruko Haruhara. It's not the same type of crazy, as Lisa tends to dotter somewhere between cutesy, psycho, and proper, but Kari's performance there is probably the most 'natural' instance of inanity and mania in a female character that I can recall in a dub.

Now that I look back at it, I realize I was thinking of the incorrect person when I said what I did. I was thinking of Erin Fitzgerald, who is already bad enough on roles like this, but to top it off I can't ever forgive her for messing up on her role as Alkaid whilst doing a perfectly good job on Sakubo (especially true since I hate the latter and adore the former).

And as for Matoi, my mind immediately jumped to Lain Iwakura from Serial Experiments Lain for some reason. Hence: Bridgette.

My mind was too focused on her shitty job as Atoli in //G.U. - that's why I was against her. She can't do those types of characters well 100% of the time - it's hit or miss.
    Replies in bold. Do note that we haven't seen the entire roster for the first arc, but I know one thing for sure - an English dub would have to be top-notch or not at all if they're going to attempt it.

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn!!! WOOT!!! only reason to play EU/US version right there!!! (they had better do it....) does anyone think Richard Epcar will do anything?? he was Batou in Ghost In The Shell as well as several dozen other TV shows and video games+^_^+ Richard was also VA for Ziggy in Xenosaga, and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn was Doctus in Xenosaga EP-3 +^_^+ *Xenosaga freak right here* +^_^+ Lia Sargent i think would be an histerical voice for Shion, since she played a Shion character in the past (Xenosaga Ep-I and Ep-III), and was also VA for GitS Tachikoma+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    i think Mary Elizabeth McGlynn should do Shion's voice+^_^+ and Richard Epcar should be in there somewhere too+^_^+ both of them did VA in Xenosaga games (Doctus and Ziggy) as well as GitS VA (Motoko and Batou) +^_^+
    yeah, i said what OP said about Shion long time ago+^_^+ Problem?
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Aug 8, 2012 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance813 View Post
    Nyannerz to voice Lisa, Tea, Patty, and Marlu.

ALL OF MY MESETA.
    This... would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie Lovrina View Post
    Wendee Lee for this. Tara Strong would make a good Echo I think.
    Eh! I love Wendee Lee, but I don't like Lisa... at all. I'd like to "hear" Wendee do Echo better, though her voice might be too strong. She can do young.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02