Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    what are the advantages of playing on the en server

i have not seen a reasonable list

if the list is really just a list of bad things that might happen on the JP server, then lol
    You aren't reading anything, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Also, my position hasn't changed there at all. The update schedule is still going to be by and large superior in every conceivable way (faster AND with more content that won't be seen on the NA server for unknown, nebulous, possibly culturally biased reasons), I still don't give a shit about the supposed "advantages" of playing an EN server, and I do indeed believe the JP community is outright superior to our own. What may have changed is the emphasis. That's about it.
    Then why even place your two cents into the discussion? Your decision is based on a very personal sentiment of preference in community and the assumption that history will repeat itself which is valid. The culturally different content deduction is also an assumption.

My deduction is based on what is going on now in JP. The facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierhiet View Post
    You aren't reading anything, are you?

Then why even place your two cents into the discussion? Your decision is based on a very personal sentiment of preference in community and the assumption that history will repeat itself which is valid. The culturally different content deduction is also an assumption.

My deduction is based on what is going on now in JP. The facts.
    Oh no, I'm reading plenty. I'm just not seeing anything here. At all. I see a lot of hot air from a lot of people, and a list of ~oh no hackers are on the jp servers and you can't read and baka gaijin no tech support for yoooooouuuuu~ but that's it.

I mean really, did you honestly say that there was even the slightest possibility that there won't be hackers on the EN servers? Really. Sure, there's a slight possibility it won't happen, but really. It will happen, as sure as the moon will rise some time in the next 70 years.

what game didn't do this?> "culturally different content deduction is also an assumption." isn't this one of the reasons there are different servers in the first place?...

I mean really, did you honestly say that there was even the slightest possibility that there won't be hackers on the EN servers? Really. Sure, there's a slight possibility it won't happen, but really. It will happen, as sure as the moon will rise some time in the next 70 years.
    I don't know bro, let me check myself hold on.

The issues as a EN player on EN/EU:

later access to the game
    poor service in the form of delayed updates (yet to be determined)
    hackers (yet to be determined, but they exist everywhere)

Feel free to add to the list.
    ಠ_ಠ

Nope. Pretty sure I agreed they exist everywhere. My point was simply to highlight the over all assumptions being made about the release still outweigh the factual events happening now.

Exactly. You can go ahead and just mark that as a yes, skip the "Yet to be determined."

I understand what you're trying to do, but I'm just not seeing why. What is it you're actually seeking? Aside from maybe creating strife, which in all honesty would have created itself anyway. Somebody would have sneezed and somebody else would have thought they heard the word "bikini."

edit: And how about that list of positives

Superior master race nippon server will always be vastly better compared to those baka gaijins' shitty NA server.

edit: And how about that list of positives
    You give me the list of positives in contrast to the negatives I've listed, and I'll give you the list of positives I'm predicting will go down for US/EU. Fair warning though. They'll be eerily similar. And just for you, I'll mark that as a yes. The list differences are still pretty clear. I'm not really sure what you mean by what am I seeking?

I haven't addressed your list because most of it is non-issue for me. Language barrier? No. Service? I didn't expect any. Webmoney? Uh, lol? Credit cards denied? I can buy AC fine. Smaller native community...lol? hackers? Because I won't run into any on the EN servers, right?

That leaves the risk of being banned. Which was also there for JP PSOBB and JP PSU, and pretty much nothing happened with that. So again, lol.

Now the list again, after being balanced

JP Issues:

EN Issues:
    Wait a long fucking time
    SoA's track record

JP Positives:
    Play the game now
    Play the game with friends

EN Positives:
    Play the game in english (don't care)
    Play the game with english speakers (Because the english F2P community is so wonderful to expose yourself to)

So how 'bout that list of positives you had.

I haven't addressed your list because most of it is non-issue for me. Language barrier? No. Service? I didn't expect any. Webmoney? Uh, lol? Credit cards denied? I can buy AC fine. Smaller native community...lol? hackers? Because I won't run into any on the EN servers, right?
    Many of you keep trying to force your personal preferences into the conversation, forcing the debate to decay every single time it is brought up and deviating from the point I've been trying to share. If you have a deep seeded hatred for or preference towards one community over another, then that is your opinion. If your not out to be competitive and don't mind a loss in progress, that is your opinion. Your opinion (or rather strong personal preference) for this particular debate though is irrelevant because all we are doing is demonstrating a counter argument to the "Fuck US/EU servers because of past service" argument that is running rampant, even though you are dealing with a whole other batch of problems while playing in JP which is validly and arguably worse then what you MAY experience upon the US/EU release.
    You give me the list of positives in contrast to the negatives I've listed, and I'll give you the list of positives I'm predicting will go down for US/EU. Fair warning though. They'll be eerily similar.

Oh you're absolutely reading. Forget I said anything.

That leaves the risk of being banned. Which was also there for JP PSOBB and JP PSU, and pretty much nothing happened with that. So again, lol.

JP Issues:

EN Issues:
    Wait a long fucking time
    SoA's track record

JP Positives:
    Play the game now
    Play the game with friends

EN Positives:
    Play the game in english (don't care)
    Play the game with english speakers (Because the english F2P community is so wonderful to expose yourself to)

You're spouting off your opinion as "matter of fact" and it's your way or no way, because any other way is total bullshit. I could just reverse your list and parade myself off as being totally right, coming off as an asshole just like you.

So, let's try it. How stupid I look to you, while doing it, is how stupid you look to me.

I haven't addressed your list because most of it is non-issue for me. Language barrier? No. Service? I didn't expect any. Credit cards? Yeah, my US/EU server accepts them just fine. Big Japanese community...lol? hackers? Because I won't run into any on the JP servers, right?

That leaves the risk of being banned. No, wait, it doesn't. So again, lol.

JP Issues:
    Get content before the US server that I can't read and have to wait for a guide for so that I can make the appropriate choices when the NPCs ask me questions or go the appropriate ways, so that I can get the quest ending I desire... 'cuz I can't fucking read the dialog.
    SoJ no tech support.
    Wait for my half-ass English patch every content update so I can read the damn menus.

EN Issues:

JP Positives:

EN Positives:
    Play the game with friends.
    Play the game in english.
    Play the game with english speakers. (Because fuck the Japanese community and their culture.)

Notice how I didn't bother with waiting for content or SoA's track record as issues for the EN server. Because waiting for content doesn't bother me and since it doesn't bother me, my opinion that the NA/EU server is superior and you're wrong.

That was fun being you. I could have done a better job but I didn't want to put too much effort into it.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.