Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Why is the Mines free field so plain compared to the missions.

While the missions have all these interesting level structures and the moving floor(or whatever it's called, excuse my english), the free mine is just a plain mine with... nothing interesting.

Why would they make the field that people are likely gonna do more often, so plain compared to the missions one may only do a couple of times? I almost feel like it's an early state that's mistakingly still in the game.

No idea. In Mines' "Defense", though, all free fields are like that - 2nd and/or 3rd quests of that area always have something that makes them more memorable than free field (except for the Iceberg area, I don't remember anything at all there).

yeah desert was like that too, it is kinda disappointing. i think the idea is to try and give players a reason to go back and do the other missions, instead of just spamming free missions. But looking at the list of parties for one second will tell you that it doesnt work.
    I request a dance of intellect, put on your thinking shoes!

Angel Islands are plain too.
    So is Sandopolis.
    Ice Cap and Planet Wisp ain't too bad though. Planet Wisp is Day 1 content though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    Angel Islands are plain too.
    So is Sandopolis.
    Ice Cap and Planet Wisp ain't too bad though. Planet Wisp is Day 1 content though.
    I lol'd.
    PSO2- Billysaurus- HuMar- Ship 10

The free desert looks like [REDACTED].
    The last ark desert mission looks just so much better..the two aren't comparable at all.

It's just that one where I notice a huge difference.
    Free tundra, forest, and caves look pretty similar to their ark mission counter-parts.
    Last edited by Coatl; Aug 10, 2012 at 02:01 AM.

Yeah i'm very dissapointed about it tbh. Free fields are the ones who should feel unique the most because they are the ones who are gonna get replayed the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Agitated_AT View Post
    Yeah i'm very dissapointed about it tbh. Free fields are the ones who should feel unique the most because they are the ones who are gonna get replayed the most.
    A very good point. Especially as it's what you unlock after doing the missions.

Quote Originally Posted by EXPFULL View Post
    A very good point. Especially as it's what you unlock after doing the missions.
    Sadly making any good point is kind of useless and means nothing if our word doesn't get read. So far all the feedback i've seen getting adressed is that the game is too hard. Yeah...

I didn't notice this untill mines because the movign floor was a very striking gimmick that made mines very unique to me. In the free field there is nothing left of that.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I think they should bring in more static level designs in the future...

It's all fun in games running around in the out doors and thinking you're in a random part of the forest, immersion wise(did I just say immersion?) at least until you realize all the landmarks just get rearranged or something.

But if they plan to make more indoors like places... it can't just be a randomly generator field with only 5 memorable landmarks in it.

Or it COULD be like that anyway... I guess... /worried

example: I can't just walk into an office building and all the rooms are the same with the furniture rearranged and there's re-skinned employees everywhere till I get to the boss portal- I mean bosses office. Even though this is a bad example because office buildings do look like that. D:
    Last edited by NoiseHERO; Aug 10, 2012 at 07:13 AM.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.