Page 1 of 35 123411 ... LastLast

Default Sakai updated PSO2 blog, and address TOS change.

http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11324870702.html

The basic is, the TOS change was also in Alpha, and beta test, it is just going back to a similiar format, there are server planned for relase in US/EU, and also Asia(Korea, probabely, as Sakai was talking about G-Star earlier)

Another reason for this change to the TOS, is to address malicious players(RMT, Hackers, overly sexual or offensive id/symbol art, etc) As a majority of them are oversea players
    This TOS change, allows them to easily address them.

He also ackowledge and welcome the normal oversea player, and knows that many of us have put in alot of time and effort, and doesn't wish to make us lose those efforts.

But if another situation arose that affects many players and it is from oversea, then they will be forced to take more drastic action(IP-Ban).

Also no foreign credit card will currently be accepted.
    From what I understand, it's not that Sega won't take foreign transaction, but that it's causing more trouble then it's worth.

1. Foreign transaction isn't instant, some takes a few day, while other will take up to a month.
    2. People use foreign card, and while the transaction is ongoing, they report the transaction as fraud, or their credit card company cancel it, as not sure of the foreign transaction is initiated by the user. aka. Lost profit.
    3. Tax issue, as Japan's tax law regarding credit card is strict, which is why a majority of online service won't take foreign transaction.

And if you see a malicious user, please use the report feature and report them.
    https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/...ode=wickeduser
    Last edited by Sizustar; Aug 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    But if another situation arose that affects many players and it is from oversea, then they will be forced to take more drastic action(IP-Ban).
    Welp, we're boned.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Thank you for the update....although I'd expect "another situation" to occur eventually, hopefully it will be individual IP bannings, and not entire regions.
    Almost 10 years later. Still forever sleep deprived.

Well, time to say goodbye to all that money I spent. Goodbye, Liana.
    SERVERS DIE WHEN THEY ARE KILLED.

He also ackowledge and welcome the normal oversea player, and knows that many of us have put in alot of time and effort, and doesn't wish to make us lose those efforts.

The first part is all nice.

Then I frowned at the bolded. It's understandable. Just that there are a bunch of people out there who I'm sure will ruin everything for everyone.

We're all screwed.

Now that Sakai said they can actually nuke us I bid all the thoughts to invest any money into the japanese version farewell.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Yeah, I'm not going to jump onto the fear-mongering train here so I apologize if it came across that way, but it just seems so inevitable with the history of our community unfortunately. I just hope they're taking serious steps to prevent it now, rather than having allowed us to flush our money down the drain.
    SERVERS DIE WHEN THEY ARE KILLED.

Quote Originally Posted by Heat Haze View Post
    The first part is all nice.

Then I frowned at the bolded. It's understandable. Just that there are a bunch of people out there who I'm sure will ruin everything for everyone.

We're all screwed.
    Bound to happen, I see things like this go on every so often I get on.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

While I'm grateful I'm not going to be banned just for being English, the line regarding IP ban being taken on more drastic action is worrying, because we all know that's going to happen.
    Lunamarie / RA36 / HU3 / FO19

Quote Originally Posted by Valvalion View Post
    While I'm grateful I'm not going to be banned just for being English, the line regarding IP ban being taken on more drastic action is worrying, because we all know that's going to happen.
    Maybe it's my translation skill.
    But from my reading of it, it is an action Sakai/Sega doesn't want to take, and this is a warning/notice to oversea players.
    And also the part about reporting malicious/wicked user, from what I read, it's letting us not just be bystander, but help make the game environment better.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-