Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slidikins View Post
    Speaking of which, how does Game Guard continue to be used when is hasn't worked for any game ever? After PSOBB and PSU I'd think SEGA would look elsewhere for security (if not beef up their own programming a bit). VAC works fine. Blizzard's methods work fine for the most part... but SEGA sticks with the tried and terrible Game Guard. WHY?
    I think SEGA actually believes GG works because there is no way their own Japanese could ever hack or cheat, so they probably don't have actual proof that it actually doesn't work.

They probably think it's some foreign anti-JP group that is hacking GameGuard and PSO/PSU/etc because they just hate SEGA.

Not because their easy.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Finalzone View Post
    No IP ban will not resolve the root cause of vulnerability.
    This is truly the sad thing about this. SEGA might end up IP banning all of us, but the hackers and trolls will still continue to ruin their game.
    Need a Ship 9 Friend? Just give me a ring!

Quote Originally Posted by Omisan View Post
    There are reasons why we are 2nd rate if we look at it from their viewpoint.

1. Credit cards fail to send them payment
    2. Registered info is fake
    3. Large amount of technical difficulties in game caused by our population
    4. Any advertisements paid for by a third party are entirely not effective on us
    5. Causing unnecessary maintenance discourages their main customers
    6. Poor or no access to merchandise and sales for things only in Japan
    = We are way more trouble than normal JP users.
    Five star post son. I was talking to a member of the team I'm in earlier about this because he insisted an IP ban would be the death of the game.

Personally, I think the nail is in the coffin on this, regardless of whether or not the English exploiters clean up their ways. Why? The blocking of foreign credit cards. Although they take a month to process in most cases, I've yet to hear of a failed payment (then again, who would really publicise that sort of information? Derp argument, I know).

Although it's impossible to block the others, blocking credit cards just lets more money gaijin's could spend on their game get wasted by paying for webmoney with high margins.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzer View Post
    This is truly the sad thing about this. SEGA might end up IP banning all of us, but the hackers and trolls will still continue to ruin their game.
    yet they IP ban and stuf fhits the fan again then it shows game gaurd and they need to fix stuff. and no one else to blame really cept their own

Quote Originally Posted by Xaton View Post
    yet they IP ban and stuf fhits the fan again then it shows game gaurd and they need to fix stuff. and no one else to blame really cept their own
    First a simple IP ban. Then the really dedicated will switch to VPNs. The hackers switch too. First the free VPNs go down, then they use a paid one, and most of those go down as well.

Somebody should call Bush and tell him there's some cyber terrorism for him to hunt. Send the SEALS after the hackers.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

"1. Credit cards fail to send them payment"
    This is incorrect.
    It was Sega not giving a single shit about our tiny amounts of AC from overseas, so they waited a month to pick it up. Entirely "their fault", not ours
    I thought everyone knew this by now.
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet_Moon View Post
    I think SEGA actually believes GG works because there is no way their own Japanese could ever hack or cheat, so they probably don't have actual proof that it actually doesn't work.

They probably think it's some foreign anti-JP group that is hacking GameGuard and PSO/PSU/etc because they just hate SEGA.

Not because their easy.
    It's probably contractual, actually. I'm willing to bet Gameguard was the lowest bidder/cheapest contractor so they plug it in and go. Typical corporate idiocy, cheap out now so you have to pay for it later.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    "1. Credit cards fail to send them payment"
    This is incorrect.
    It was Sega not giving a single shit about our tiny amounts of AC from overseas, so they waited a month to pick it up. Entirely "their fault", not ours
    I thought everyone knew this by now.
    Isn't it more the fault of the bank they choose to use for handling credit card payments?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet_Moon View Post
    Nationality does not matter. Malicious crackers can be Japanese too, SEGA knows that fact. They should serious review their own security policies because these exploits only reveal their flaws. Remember that PSO2 is coming to Playstation Vita and Smartphone (Android and IOS) where Gameguard cannot be used.
    Japanese PSO2 Character
    Aliyah Tulumba Hunter

How do I e-mail Sakai? Lol. I have to tell him what will happen to their game!!