Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Now I'm gonna block my money so people wonder why I block it out. :E

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Give me a price tag that is 2, 3, even 4 times the average cost to randomly affix or grind something.

I will save up for it.

I have failed 12 soul affixes in a row. Twelve. Twelve. The odds were well below 99% of that happening - yet it did. And you know what? The odds on the next one are still just 50%! That was just the longest streak too, out of 50 attempts I've only succeeded around 4 times. On a 50 percent fucking chance affix.

Want to know why I'm angry about the RNG in this game? That's why. I've shelled out in excess of 2.5 million meseta trying to grind 8* rares and still have yet to reach +10. That's WELL BEYOND the average cost.

Give me a price. I will pay it. Fuck the RNG, fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it. In no game should one person be screwed hard over and over with no ability to do anything about it besides play more or not play at all.
    Ouch I can feel your pain bro.

Ship 2
    pso2 Character: Korra

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Acel View Post
    I agree its terrible. Using those % boosting/-1/-0 items dont really help much as Ive used quite a number of them already (AC).

But has anyone noticed? Many "japanese" players seem to have tons of perfect +10 rare weapons in their personal shops with the appropriate soul and some kind of Power/Shoot/Tech III ability along with it. Ive checked my server records and a total of less than 300 Knight lancers has dropped since the game started but this one person has one that is +10, 25 element and has a War soul and Power III on it(eventhough all wikis state only the Rockbear on hard mode drops it) along with a full range of other rare weapons with souls that are very hard to combine. All +10, all perfect.

If anyone who is curious and is on Ship 8, search for this player called Leisia and see for yourself.
    Yeah, that person seems to be best friends with the RNG. I was going to get their Vis-Bahn, but someone beat me to it. Of course, they could also just be a filthy dirty hacker that's getting rich by selling hacked weapons to people innocent bystanders that know nothing about the item's history.

This is all sounding terribly familiar. Getting hosed in a Sega game by the RNG. It had been clear for a long time that actual chances from the RNG were nothing like they should have been on paper, in PSU.

They'll probably fix it with expensive AC based options soon.

RNG based progression really is the laziest and most unreasonable way of doing things because as several have pointed out, there are always people who get a free ride, and always (seemingly more) people who get utterly screwed for their entire game career.

Quote Originally Posted by DonMakaveli View Post

Ceresa i started the thread so i know what its about just because you have 1000+ posts saying shit only means you have nothing better to do but sit here trolling, you just show how ignorant you are as the thread has some really good ideas how to solve this problem but i guess you missed that, you are just another troll that reads the last page and starts saying shit, actually the traits of a retard is someone like you who would rather lose both affixes than just one LOL.

Keep doing non constructive remarks, you two are childish as fuck tbh and you are proving it. I actually showed some people that might not know how the numbers worked, you two failed yet to say anything constructive at all, so gtfo your high horses nobody gives a fuck about arrogant twats
    Soul on all 3 items = 80% transfer rate. Kind of important if you want a reasonable chance of success with multiple affixes, so since you want to get that soul back on your blank...

Lose one affix and left with soul, fine, great, whatever. You saved a trivial amount of meseta.

Lose one affix and left with not the soul, have fun buying 1 affix soul units which are twice as expensive compared with using 2~5 affix soul weapons on a blank.

It's almost as if there's no difference...now who doesn't know how the fucking numbers work?

1. SEGA makes a horribly unbalanced weapon modification system which in effect serves as the endgame due to the game's premature release/lack of other content

2. People use the argument that "it's F2P, you can't complain about it"

3. SEGA releases items in the AC shop which cost a fortune but allow players to actually interact in a positive way with the weapon modification system (hypothetical)

Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this?

I would much rather SEGA have made the game P2P and actually had more fleshed-out content (read: something to do other than zombie mode farming).

I think it's hilarious that people are comparing this game to other PS games in the past. It really doesn't matter how things were in older games, this is a new game and they had a brand new chance to improve upon their game design. If anything, with all that prior experience the design should IMPROVE, shouldn't it?

Can't understand all of the apologists on this board. It's like nostalgia or something is causing people to completely ignore the game's flaws and try to make rationalizations such as "it's better than other PS games/shitty Korean grindfest games/getting stabbed in the eye with a sharp pencil"

No game is perfect. No one is asking PSO2 to be perfect. What we are asking is for something to do other than mindlessly grind the same handful of maps. Is this too much to ask?

You take a chance adding abilities onto a piece of equipment. Might work, might not, that's the cost of your investment.

Why is that hard to understand? If you don't want to take the risk, don't. It'd be boring if everyone could easily obtain ultimate gear. I just finished up my HP/S-ATK gear build and I feel really accomplished in doing so, despite the lost investments and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    Soul on all 3 items = 80% transfer rate. Kind of important if you want a reasonable chance of success with multiple affixes, so since you want to get that soul back on your blank...

Lose one affix and left with soul, fine, great, whatever. You saved a trivial amount of meseta.

Lose one affix and left with not the soul, have fun buying 1 affix soul units which are twice as expensive compared with using 2~5 affix soul weapons on a blank.

It's almost as if there's no difference...now who doesn't know how the fucking numbers work?
    Ceresa all i'm saying is if you lose affixes, the ammount of slots drop so i rather lose one slot than lose all of them, of course in that case if you lose 1 or 2 slots but keep the soul it might still be a good deal for you. And eharima didn't knew where my numbers came from on the posts before, kinda ironic that he's acting like a smart ass now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    This whole thread is a rant and I and everyone else here, can post as they please, deal with it. Not a single one of you can give a valid reason for why they should implement your ideas beyond a childish desire to want it to be cheaper and easier.
    STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!

As has already been pointed out over and over again, the rage induced on players on the low end of the RNG curve is more than enough reason to fix such a horribly ineptly-implemented system. We don't even care if it's "easier", we just want to be less GODDAMN FRUSTRATING. They can multiply the costs for all I care, so long as I don't get so many bloody stupid dice rolls to deal with.

No game system should ever produce this much of a negative emotional reaction from players. EVER. It's terrible, period. How anyone can possibly defend this tripe is entirely beyond me...

Hell, just give me a new option called "Grinding Auto-Attempt." Let me select up to, I don't know, let's say 50 grinding attempts with one button press. If I succeed in that, great. If I don't, not great.

At least it won't make me spend 10 minutes watching it go up and down with nothing I can do about it besides try again or not try at all.

We've said time and time again it's not the price we hate, it's the random element.