Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default FOcast and FOcaseals

So how are you misfits doing? I'm singling these class combos out because:

1) They never existed in PSO or PS0
    2) They are arguably the worst stat/class combos ingame.

Now, I'm not trying to start a war here, I play a FOcaseal, but I haven't got to level 40 with her yet. I'm curious how these combos panned out for people in terms of output and equipment access. While the important stats (atk and def, for equiping weaps and armour) are fairly balanced between all three races for Rangers and Hunters, the discrepancy is a bit wider in for Forces.

Newms have 12.5% higher M-Atk and 5.3% M-def then Casts. Newearls have 14.8% higher M-Atk and 10.5% M-def then Caseals. For an example, a level 40 FOcast has the same M-Atk as a level 30 FOnewm. That's quite the gap. These gaps should continue into the higher levels.

Now, at level 40, are people playing FOcast/FOcaseal having a hard time keeping up with rod stat equip requirements? Is it hard to keep up the damage output? Discuss!

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

FOcast player reporting in. BROcast uses Rods/Gunslashes almost exclusively, seeing how Cast Forces are stronger with those weapons (well, stronger when it comes to smacking enemies with a Rod. The brief stun from Rod swings is a nice touch.)

When it comes to Rod equips, BROcast can equip standard issue 3* Rods just fine (although it takes him longer than other Forces to reach that point.) I dunno about rares, though.

I'm still waiting for minmaxers to kick me, but it seems BROcast has too high of a Swagger Index (I know, just go with it) to be kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimil Adrayne View Post
    So how are you misfits doing? I'm singling these class combos out because:

1) They never existed in PSO or PS0
    2) They are arguably the worst stat/class combos ingame.
    They did exist in PSU, though. And a lot of the more attack-focused ATs were Casts, since buffs didn't scale off TP (PSU's equivalent to PSO's MST or PSO 2's T-Atk).

I imagine if we get hybrids and get some better buffs, Cast Forces/Force-hybrids will be a lot more popular than they are now, with a lot more viable choices in build beyond just "chase-the-newearl in tech damage".

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Magus_84 View Post
    They did exist in PSU, though. And a lot of the more attack-focused ATs were Casts, since buffs didn't scale off TP (PSU's equivalent to PSO's MST or PSO 2's T-Atk).

I imagine if we get hybrids and get some better buffs, Cast Forces/Force-hybrids will be a lot more popular than they are now, with a lot more viable choices in build beyond just "chase-the-newearl in tech damage".
    One word: Guntecher.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    Having played Wartecher for all of PSU, I can say... screw Hybrid classes. At least the way they were implemented in PSU. Instead of choosing a class that was awesome at one thing or the other thing, Hybrids gave people the option to be crappy at both in PSU.

I have my hopes up for PSO2 though, if the Gunslashes are any indication of what to come (using both S-Atk and R-Atk together to determine damage), then it might not be as bad this time around.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimil Adrayne View Post
    Having played Wartecher for all of PSU, I can say... screw Hybrid classes. At least the way they were implemented in PSU. Instead of choosing a class that was awesome at one thing or the other thing, Hybrids gave people the option to be crappy at both in PSU.

I have my hopes up for PSO2 though, if the Gunslashes are any indication of what to come (using both S-Atk and R-Atk together to determine damage), then it might not be as bad this time around.
    *shrugs* that's fine, you have your opinion, I have mine.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    I want "gun-using Acrotecher", personally.

But I did start out PSU as a GT and it was one of only two classes I used on that character (other being AT) after I got both GT/AT unlocked.

I really, really, really hope that the "tech-using new class" is one of the two that gets mechguns, and that it has skill tree stuff to make buffs better.

Must... resist urge... to make... a... Whats the FOcast joke... must... show.... restraint... must... be strong...

I've seen alot of CASTs with those ugly heads that are like twice the size of their body... and they were forces. They need THAT much more circuitry to use magic? lolcastsupremacy

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet_Moon View Post
    Must... resist urge... to make... a... Whats the FOcast joke... must... show.... restraint... must... be strong...

I've seen alot of CASTs with those ugly heads that are like twice the size of their body... and they were forces. They need THAT much more circuitry to use magic? lolcastsupremacy
    No, we just keep an actual loli in there and force it to cast our magic for us.

Is that Chiyoko from PSU? Huh, recognizing more old folks from the not-so-old days.

Anyway, the difference this time is negligible at the moment. At least when it comes to getting things done. CAST's do a serviceable job with Technics as it is right now.
    UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT! D<