Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Cast Forces are 100% awesome, since they have a bit more HP and S-Def. Techs in general are pretty powerful regardless of the race using them.

As far as equipment tho, I can't equip any of the 9 star rods, but it's okay. I'd probably have to buy another skill tree to try to meet the req for them (I.E. Max out both of the T-Atk skills) along with maxing out the Charged Techs skills (eventually) in order to keep up with other FOs. Till then tho, *cast force tears at not being able to equip more rods*

Lv40 FOcaseal here with barely 30 T-ATK on my Mag (Mag is Lv90), and I still kill shit (700~1000 damage with Rafoie in the Floating Islands).

FO is as boring as it is easy to play, even with the worst race/class combination.
    Last edited by Ryna; Aug 12, 2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No View Post
    Cast Forces are 100% awesome, since they have a bit more HP and S-Def. Techs in general are pretty powerful regardless of the race using them.

As far as equipment tho, I can't equip any of the 9 star rods, but it's okay. I'd probably have to buy another skill tree to try to meet the req for them (I.E. Max out both of the T-Atk skills) along with maxing out the Charged Techs skills (eventually) in order to keep up with other FOs. Till then tho, *cast force tears at not being able to equip more rods*
    The Microphone stand isn't that bad if it's at +10 if you want something that looks different to cast with.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakjosmaysa View Post
    Is that Chiyoko from PSU? Huh, recognizing more old folks from the not-so-old days.

Anyway, the difference this time is negligible at the moment. At least when it comes to getting things done. CAST's do a serviceable job with Technics as it is right now.
    Yeah, that's me. Got too tired of that name, so I switched it up a lil.
    Last edited by Kimil Adrayne; Aug 12, 2012 at 05:35 PM.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

The extra striking defense of a FOcast is negligible, and the extra HP doesn't matter if you have an equipment setup with 4 Ragne Souls
    It's not really worth it for doing 2 extra damage with Gunslash (and Rod swipes). Easy to argue that the 7 extra points in ability/dex won't save it

Bottom line: play what you want, dumping millions of meseta into failure games can make any race perform beyond the game's curve
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    One word: Guntecher.
    I want "gun-using Acrotecher", personally.

But I did start out PSU as a GT and it was one of only two classes I used on that character (other being AT) after I got both GT/AT unlocked.

I really, really, really hope that the "tech-using new class" is one of the two that gets mechguns, and that it has skill tree stuff to make buffs better.

the armor/weapon issue is true for some others combos also : i play RAnewearl, and i can't use most of the rares items...

Quote Originally Posted by raiden55 View Post
    the armor/weapon issue is true for some others combos also : i play RAnewearl, and i can't use most of the rares items...
    I know that feel bro. I know that feel. All this greyed out rare armor I have in my storage and I can't even sell them due to not having a myshop. Would be nice if I could just spec into getting more T-Def...but that's in the Ice tree....arguably the worst of the Force trees.
    Tangerine 2.0 - level 70 FO/TE-caseal
    Cherry - level 60 FI/HU-newreal
    Grape - level 50 RA/BR deuwm
    Ship 10

Just about everyone but Rangers is screwed in this regard; race and class combinations of almost every other kind come up short with nearly all the high-end units in the game. Awful game design at its most egregious.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    Awful game design at its most egregious.
    Are you really implying that something like this is worse than, say, stat differences in PSU? Because in this game, Newman Hunters can at least enter a party without getting kicked.

I've seen much worse game issues than this.