Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default English Patch Issues

Can anyone help me with this? I've tried it twice and cannot get it to work for me.

Started with a clean install and let the game update to the most current version. Exited the game, extracted files to the correct destination, clicked "Yes to All" to replace all the files in the folder but when I load up PSO2 it is still all in JP...

I was going to try and use the launcher but I'll have to re-download PSO2 to get the original JP files back. Anyone have experience with the launcher that might be able to help me out?

Any help is appreciated. I also have Mumble if anyone would rather voice chat this evening to make things easier.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by XL Bologna Pony View Post
    Can anyone help me with this? I've tried it twice and cannot get it to work for me.

Started with a clean install and let the game update to the most current version. Exited the game, extracted files to the correct destination, clicked "Yes to All" to replace all the files in the folder but when I load up PSO2 it is still all in JP...

I was going to try and use the launcher but I'll have to re-download PSO2 to get the original JP files back. Anyone have experience with the launcher that might be able to help me out?

Any help is appreciated. I also have Mumble if anyone would rather voice chat this evening to make things easier.

Thanks in advance.
    I think you need to extract them to the proper location while in administator mode.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDemon64 View Post
    I think you need to extract them to the proper location while in administator mode.
    I'm always in admin mode. Other than that there is no other way to move files while in "admin mode". 7zip rar program is already opened in admin mode and extracted to the correct destination.

Really just hoping someone else had the same problem and found a simple solution or something small I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.
    You need to extract them to somewhere else before you copy/cut & paste them in to your win32 folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    You need to extract them to somewhere else before you copy/cut & paste them in to your win32 folder.
    Did not try that, will do that when I get home.

I was told I can force the PSO2 launcher to update itself to restore the original JP files, any idea how to do this? I just know what button starts the game...lol.

Did not try that, will do that when I get home.

I was told I can force the PSO2 launcher to update itself to restore the original JP files, any idea how to do this? I just know what button starts the game...lol.
    You don't have to restore the original JP files.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    You don't have to restore the original JP files.
    I was just saying that if this still doesn't work and I have to use the Launcher to load the english patch in. That does require the original JP files intact it says.

If you use winrar, highlight all of it and drag it into the win32 file. OR you can copy it somewhere else. THE CHOICE IS YOURS! CAPTAIN PLANET, HE'S A HERROOO, GONNA TAKE POLLUTION DOWN TO A ZERO!

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

7-zip > winrar +^_^+

Spoiler!

also make sure you have the latest version of the English patch as well, the August 9th one+^_^+

u god damn heretics
    UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT! D<