Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Talking My Soundcloud account (PSO2 style track inside)

I should have done this a lot sooner. I'm going to post my Soundcloud stuff in this thread and update it every time I make a new track (which probably won't be too often at the moment since I'm in a hiatus basically). I'll start with my latest track which I made a couple of days ago.

I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to upload it or not since I had only spent a couple of hours putting it together, so it was a lot less effort than most of my other songs, but I was really eager to try this new plugin I got since some of the sounds I could create with it reminded me of PSO2. Anyway, all of the music I make is made in FL Studio 9 (I would use 10, but a friend of mine suggested 9 was more user friendly, so that's what I started on a few months ago and I've been sticking with since).

I mainly specialize in dark music (ambient stuff mostly) though. I really have a lot of fun creating noise such as this... something which will make your blood turn cold, heh. I'll be listing some personal favorites of mine below my latest track, so please be sure to check them out as well as my other stuff on my Soundcloud account if you have some free time. Thanks!

Untold Future

My personal top 3 favorites I've made so far:

1. マキシマム ビート 100%!! (Streets of Rage style track)

2. 狂気の庭 (Dark Ambient style track)

3. Where The Grass Is Redder (Another Dark Ambient style track)

Also, I released my first album, 'Error is Zero' (a little over 60 minutes long, mostly ambient as well) back in June. You can listen to it in the link below.

Error is Zero

I know I have a lot to work on, but I hope that you find something among my songs that you like and will continue to support me in the future as well. Thank you~!

P.S. Please feel free to leave your feedback in this thread, sent via PM, or post it on Soundcloud. I welcome all kinds of input. All I ask is that the input be constructive (in other words, just telling me, "this sucks" or "this is great" without explaining why won't really do me much good, heh).

2/24/2013 Update: My first EP 'Dark File Volume 1' has now been officially released. It consists of five Dark Ambient tracks. You can find the download link below. Please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts, thank you!

Dark File Volume 1
    Last edited by TetsuyaHikari; Feb 24, 2013 at 05:23 PM.

Not bad. Always nice to hear some of the ambient approaches. There's very few of us, here on the site, that actually post any music-related fan works at all, so I'm happy to hear others who also participate. Keep it up.

Yeah, I noticed there wasn't much music posted here, haha. I hate that I'm only one of the few on here that will be doing it, but eh... maybe someone will find something they like among the tracks I have uploaded so far. I have plans to release my first dark album soon, but still haven't got a timeframe on that yet.

It will probably be an EP (only 5-6 tracks or so), but I've got some good stuff planned for it. I got some new sounds I'm ready to use. I just have to figure out exactly what I want to do with them, heh.

Believe me, I know the feeling. When I first posted some of mine, I was the only one. Wasn't sure they'd get a listen either since, in my experience, people often don't pay much attention to music posted as it would be for visual art.

Just finished up another PSO2 style track a few minutes ago. I wanted to go for a lobby type theme (not like the Summer lobby theme you hear now) and this is what I came up with. It didn't take me long to put it together at all, but I like how it turned out regardless~

A New Journey

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Really good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Just put together another PSO2 style track a few minutes ago. Well, more specifically... it's a PSE Burst type of song. You'll understand what I mean when you hear it, lol.

Burst The Limit!

Just finished my first track I am submitting in a fan music contest earlier this morning. You can read more about it in the thread I created:

Calling all musicians! Orgarhythm/PS Vita game contest inside!

Anyway, here's my latest track!

Into The Unknown (Orgarhythm contest submission #1)

Artist note: "I did some research on the game itself, watched some gameplay from the Japanese version to try and understand the atmosphere so I could decide on how I wanted to make the music. I originally planned on making something much more complicated than this, but I found myself liking what I already had. Much like any musician, I asked myself, "If it isn't broke, why fix it", so I worked with what I had and went for a more simple approach.

I believe that sometimes simplicity can be just as effective as complexity, especially when it comes to music. So, I tried to capture that form of simplicity with this track. I tried to create something simple, yet something that would stick with the listener even after they have heard it.

Some of the most memorable jingles throughout time are but a mere 10 or 15 seconds long, but people remember them even longer than that song they hear on the radio each day. I believe I did a good job in not only creating a melody which is easy to remember, but a melody which would be suitable for this type of game.

I hope you believe so as well. Thank you for giving me this opportunity~!
    "
    Last edited by TetsuyaHikari; Sep 8, 2012 at 06:26 PM.

Just finished up my second submission. I knew it wouldn't take too terribly long since it was only going to be 1:00 long.

Eternal Memory (Orgarhythm contest submission #2)

I'm also including a personal note I wrote in the official form when submitting it, just to shed some light on the song. I'll edit my previous post as well with the personal note for that one also.

Artist note: "This is my second submission for the contest. I thought about doing something a little different than what the other contestants are probably submitting, so I decided to try and make an 8-Bit track. Seeing as one of the restrictions for the contest is that the song must be 1:00 long, I figured maybe this was a song for a menu rather than a battle.

I tried to keep it simple that way, but it turns out it sounds like an old school Name Entry theme for an 80's shoot 'em up title or something, haha. Regardless, I like how it turned out. It sounds fun and really brings back some memories for me.

Anyway! Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to participate in this contest. I will begin working on my final submission soon~!
    "
    Last edited by TetsuyaHikari; Sep 8, 2012 at 06:27 PM.

I upgraded my Soundcloud account earlier today, so I replaced the crossfade demo of my album on my account with the full version. So be sure to check it out if you haven't already done so yet~! I edited my first post and added the link to it there.