Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    "Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

What are these 'infinity missions' and how do they differ from regular missions?

I never played PSP2/i. I'm curious.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

PSO GCN
    Split screen above all else, even if it did lag up when you had 4 people playing and two of them were fire flinging FO's
    Challenge Mode and the S-rank wpns you earned that had your name on them and grind the bejesus out of.
    Music, areas, bosses... it all just clicked well, like someone with "the Knack" set it all up.
    Rare mobs that mattered. (so many telepipes used farming these)
    A MAG that truely felt like it was your own, not just a generic addition.
    The different looks to the lobbies plus the soccer field was a nice touch.
    Visually identifiable rare weapons and gear. When someone had an extremely rare item, you knew it.
    "Towards the Future" runs
    Racials (how different race/class combos would have little perks)

PSO EpIII
    Played it, but nothing crazy comes to mind. Remember it looking nice and the different playstyle was a good change of pace.

PSU: AotI (PC)
    Your own customizable room and shop that came with the subscription (really wish you could access your room for free in PSO2 and maybe still pay for the shop part)
    The insane amount of character customization thru various outfits (PSO2's character creator however wins hands down)
    Lobby variety
    Last edited by WolfDreamer; Aug 17, 2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Edited after seeing I wasn't clear enough on some points.
    "Are you sure what side of the glass you are on?" - NIN

Currently playing PSO2 JP: LadyWolf - Ship 09

PSO: It had some interesting themes going on (Ruins, Jungle, Seabed), same could be said for the music for those areas.
    Id sectioned rare drops. It made rare hunting alot more diverse and fun.

Also, Slicers were the most fun there. Loved how it moved around to hit all targets in front. PSU didnt´t have the same feel.

PSU: Costumes, Twin Handguns and perhaps Tornado Dance..if they remove the knock-away effect.
    I liked the spinning moves in general on Double Saber..wished they just made a pure on the ground spinning move P.A like a combo of Absolute with Gravity Dance..that would had been wicked.

PSZ: The Dark and Light Dungeon. Loved that area.
    Cyclone Dance P.A
    Crazy orangutang with gun scratching himself..yeah good stuff.
    And evil bunnies...EVIL BUNNIES!
    Last edited by darkante; Aug 17, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Quote Originally Posted by WolfDreamer View Post
    PSU: AotI (PC)
    Your own customizable room and shop that came with the subscription (really wish you just had a room of your own in PSO2 again)
    The insane amount of character customization and outfits (I bet PSO2 will match this eventually)
    Lobby variety
    But you do have a room. <_<

And about the character customization, I'd say this game has much better options in terms of character creation. Outfits, I guess they'll come eventually.

PSO:
    - Definitely the Levels and their music (TrickTrack on VR Seaship is by far my level sound track in video games)
    - The simplicity of drops, whether it was 1/2 chance or 1/1080
    - Dropping things to trade, made life easier.
    - Outfits from PSO
    - ID sections, don't care if we only have one character (or more with multi accounts) I would love getting specific stuff greatly.
    - The Rings, too bad they'll most likely come as a accessory instead of a shield.
    - Gene Flow, I WANT DARK FLOW WHICH I NEVER HAD.
    - Another Olga Flow battle or Olga flow style battle with extremely similar or same music

PSU: never played

PSZ:
    - A pain in the ass Eternal Tower that you would spend day and night doing while keeping your DS on the charger.
    - Some of the P.As from PSZ, can't name them off the top of my head
    - The way Slicers were used in the game, I like how they were controlled and thrown at enemies.
    PSZ characters:
    Frost: RAcast, lv1
    Soul: FOnewm, lv40
    Socks: HUnewm, lv1
    FC: 4726 8115 1533

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    But you do have a room. <_<

And about the character customization, I'd say this game has much better options in terms of character creation. Outfits, I guess they'll come eventually.
    Edited my post after this, cause you said what I mean't, I just didn't type out my thinking properly, because yeah, you do have a room, just wish you could access it for free, and I mean't customization as in all the different outfit combinations you could do in PSU. PSO2's character creator wins hand down, compared to ANY game I've played.
    "Are you sure what side of the glass you are on?" - NIN

Currently playing PSO2 JP: LadyWolf - Ship 09

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblade59 View Post
    PSZ:
    - A pain in the ass Eternal Tower that you would spend day and night doing while keeping your DS on the charger.
    - The way Slicers were used in the game, I like how they were controlled and thrown at enemies.
    THEEEESSSSSSEEEE

Also LOL PSU gets less respect than Jabber Jaw.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

PSO: Nada.

PSU: Nada. Except more customization when it comes to costumes. (You know, each set having different equippable part. (IE: Braves, Braves ST, SPF))

PSPo2/i: Chain System, Infinity Missions, Trade Missions. More head accessories (PSP2 had hats, face parts and EARRINGS. I miss that.)

I know. Not much.

BEAST BEAAST and BEASt
    WE are legends-please support-http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/psuchatpad/
    GT strongbugsy]
    character : STRONGBUGSY LV 138

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblade59 View Post
    PSZ:
    I made sure I put that in every suggestion box in the questionnaires they sent out after tests. I would absolutely love that kind of mission to be around online for once, despite the possible issues of dc/ing during it.

I think they should consider doing something like that for an event similar to MAX ATTACK. Instead of simply doing enemy counts, they should do floor counts as well, so every floor a party does it adds to the total of floors cleared. Reaching certain milestones like every 50th or 100th floor etc will allow you to start from that point onwards the next time you start.

Would be damn epic. Especially with multiparty zones where looking out the window could show each tower from each single party joining in to one sky lobby etc.