Post Does anyone know if there will be a second Game

Does anyone know if there will be another phantasy star game coming to 360

There are no current announcements for a new Phantasy Star game on the 360 or any home console for that matter.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42

If that doesn't work, there's also PS0 for the DS, and PSP2 for the PSP. I heard good things about PS0, and PSP2 is pretty great.

It's very strange that PSO2 is supposedly coming the VITA but is not going to be available for PS3? That seems very odd.

I'm assuming that its poised as a system seller so hopefully they are just waiting to announce it for PS3.

Otherwise, a lot of us will be picking up our VITAs in the spring
    Cheating is just an admission of personal inadequacy.

I still have high hopes for a console release but I still have pso on gc that I still play

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pal-Rappy View Post
    I still have high hopes for a console release but I still have pso on gc that I still play
    you can play PSO2 on a low end PC with a controller so why play it on a console that is at its end cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by DAMASCUS View Post
    It's very strange that PSO2 is supposedly coming the VITA but is not going to be available for PS3? That seems very odd.
    Eh, not really. If (IF) it's coming to consoles, my bet would be that Sega is holding off until the next generation systems are ready to launch. Not that current gen consoles couldn't handle PSO2 easily, or that they would necessarily hold PSO2 back at this stage - but because Sony & MS will probably be much more receptive to the wants and needs of developers if they want to court them and come out strong early in the next cycle. Moreso, at least, than now where the current market landscape is pretty much fully defined.

Beyond that, they'd probably want to hold off and see what changes (in policy, content, and delivery) are going to be implemented to their respective online networks to accompany the new hardware platforms. It'd be stupid of them to negotiate now when they have little to no leverage, only to find out a year or so from now that Sony & MS have shifted gears and made provisions in their policies specifically to court games like PSO2 and MMOs.

But for the Vita, it makes perfect sense. It's out, it's hardware and network capabilities are known, and Sony's business model for it is well established. There's no reason to hold back development avenues for that platform.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Eh, not really. If (IF) it's coming to consoles, my bet would be that Sega is holding off until the next generation systems are ready to launch. Not that current gen consoles couldn't handle PSO2 easily, or that they would necessarily hold PSO2 back at this stage - but because Sony & MS will probably be much more receptive to the wants and needs of developers if they want to court them and come out strong early in the next cycle. Moreso, at least, than now where the current market landscape is pretty much fully defined.

Beyond that, they'd probably want to hold off and see what changes (in policy, content, and delivery) are going to be implemented to their respective online networks to accompany the new hardware platforms. It'd be stupid of them to negotiate now when they have little to no leverage, only to find out a year or so from now that Sony & MS have shifted gears and made provisions in their policies specifically to court games like PSO2 and MMOs.

But for the Vita, it makes perfect sense. It's out, it's hardware and network capabilities are known, and Sony's business model for it is well established. There's no reason to hold back development avenues for that platform.
    That does make some sense since they will have learned from their mistake putting PSU on PS2 which limited its potential until it was eventually shutdown.

It sounds like my laptop of two years ago might still run PSO2 though so there is hope I won't have to consider the Vita version.
    Cheating is just an admission of personal inadequacy.

I think you can get PS IV in the marketplace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Subject Delta View Post
    Better question is why do you care?
    Because we don't want Sega to spend a boatload of money, time, resources, and manpower to put a game on a console that will very realistically be replaced by the PS4 within 2 years, possibly 1.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post

Because we don't want Sega to spend a boatload of money, time, resources, and manpower to put a game on a console that will very realistically be replaced by the PS4 within 2 years, possibly 1.
    sums it up greatly....thank you
    Last edited by Lumpen Thingy; Sep 6, 2012 at 01:06 PM.