Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Quit, hobbies are studyin Udonge's Avatar

Question Road to pure striking mag

I thought about switching to hunter but I require a striking mag in order to be at least somewhat effective. I thought I should just go for a pure striking mag. I'm wondering if there are any items that would decrease dex and doesn't increase any other stat except for s-atk. Monomates are an option but they only decrease dex by a very small amount. Thanks.
    Last edited by Udonge; Aug 22, 2012 at 04:22 PM.

try 4-star room items
    they go for 2,000 meseta a pop at the room-decoration shop though.

I suggest feeding it a balance of S-ATK weapons and 4-star room items.

Striking mag food device, AC item, most effective, about 200k each in the AH
    have fun!
    (note; this is not fun mag feeding)

I think that feeding it Striking weapons and Monomates should do the trick.

If you really want a pure S-Atk mag that badly then I suggest reading Banjo's Mag Guide. He explains the cheapest and easiest ways to level those (they are really hard to level).

I'm a Hunter and Ranger player and I use the Ability Hybrid mags to be honest. A bit of ability is always nice. Also comes with the advantage of leveling your mag faster. With form skipping you can get a Leo with; 121 S-Atk, 29 Dex. Though I went for Lyra first at Lv.30 to get 'Heal J' trigger (and then Antilla at 35). So I ended up paying only an extra 2 Ability; 119, 31.

For my Ranger mag I use the exact same setup so it's: 119 R-Atk, 31 Dex.

I think having even a little ability helps. There is no reason to go pure mag, the ability hybrid mags will do the same or more damage. There are no weapons that require 500+ base S-Atk. It's your choice though.

A pure stricking MAG isn't that hard to get actually. It just going to grow much slower than other mags and it can get a bit expensive too.

If you want to make it easy on yourself you can simply just buy this ベンチ from the room deco shop. This gives the strike stat ONLY. However you're going to need a lot of money for that.

My best advice is to feed it strike weapons (which are cheap and can be found commonly while doing runs) then when it's Ability is about to lvl up feed it some of those room deco's I was talking about because those bring down the Ability stat by quite a lot!

My MAG is currently a 100Strike 50 Ability Leo mag. The reason why he has 50Ability is because I went for "looks" I really like that MAG so I wanted it. That said having 50 Ability isn't a bad thing so it works for me

Quit, hobbies are studyin Udonge's Avatar

Thanks for the recommendations. I also just went ahead and got another mag for pure tech . Just wondering, how long would achieving a pure mag take? It's been 9 days since I got a mag for a pure range build and right now it's at level 76.

No no no no no don't do a delphinus for the love of god it is such a bad mag please don't.

Instead, try a Leo!

edit: Also, you can alternate 2* and 5* furniture to reduce ability, and they both counteract the other's raised stats. Far more time-effective than monomates, and far more price-effective than 4* furniture.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Aug 22, 2012 at 06:23 PM.

Still not sure if I should go pure S-ATK/S-DEF for efficiency or if I should start pushing Ability to get a prettier Mag...

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    edit: Also, you can alternate 2* and 5* furniture to reduce ability, and they both counteract the other's raised stats. Far more time-effective than monomates, and far more price-effective than 4* furniture.
    This is genius. I was feeding it Monomates all this time. D: