Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

oh makes the bosses drops more meseta!!!
    i just dont see the point to farm bosses if its doesnt drop rares that i want..
    so i can farm bosses diablo 2 style like a madman XD

On the Force department, I have three issues...

1) As it was said already, make techs to be worth to use uncharged. Honestly, I don't know how would this work, but they should do more damage and/or cost much less PP. Currently doing a barrage of Foies and emptying your PP bar might do as much damage as ONE charged version of that tech. I dould be happy if I could just shoot a dozen weak foies like a machinegun to some fast enemies, but currently that'a so useless.

2) Skilltree is heavily imbalanced. Fire branch is too overpowered, with lightning branch being kinda useless , and ice branch is directly useless (also, there are less areas where monsters are weak to lightning or ice). It'd be nice if they revamped Freeze Ignition to have a wider area and give Freeze Boost a much higher boost, and maybe making Photon Flare to last a bit more than 30 secs. In case of Lightning I don't think it's THAT bad, maybe we just need more areas weak to lightning... and making Tech JA boost a bit stronger.

3) I like the talis weapon, but I don't play in TPS mode and I don't like that you gotta wait for the card to come back when you might need it. I think they should give a method to make the weapon to return the card instantly.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    - MORE KICK ATTACKS. I AINT GOT DEM LEGS FOR NOTHIN.
    Seriously. D:

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxTheWanderer View Post
    ^Pistols. Yes please.
    Also. LK38 would be welcome.

On topicish? Meh. I'd just like to see the Hunter type classes not getting the most weapons...again and again. PSO2 - Hunter - Because everyone gets Gunslash, Hunter has four weapon types. Ranger has three. Force has three. You could say RA and FO have four because Gunslash Melee and Gunslash Ranged, but...HU can do that too. So if you go there, that means Hu has FIVE. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything AGAINST the up close and personal fighters, it was just never my favorite style, and I'm a little tired of HU having variety in one way or another, and sure FO gets all those techs...But how many are you ACTUALLY going to use in one quest? Caves, everything is weak to ice except the dagans, but Grants is so damned powerful anyway why bother. Forest, most everything is weak to fire, Rafoie spam everything dies. Desert...I've just started desert on my ranger, but I see lots of lightning weakness. Mechs don't like the high voltage. I brought a few FO npcs on a run and didn't have to worry about a thing - I barely got touched. Zap zap burn freeze zap freeze heal dodge grants. I could have let them do everything, mob-wise. I can't speak for tundra mines or floating, though.

I think that should be balanced, seeing as FOs, as npcs, just dominate. They die at bosses, but still...I don't believe FOs need another Diga. It was neat, for a while, chucking rocks at people, seeing numbers a few times, and then dead monsters, but it got boring...and at the moment the right combo of NPC invitations and my party is just one huge, neverending Gidiga. Launchers get...so broken. I can understand, it's a truckin GRENADE. They HURT. But when you're lv10 and you hit 1000 to a rock bears face because you combo'd weak bullet from your 1* assault rifle and whipped out your 1* launcher and shot that PA (Divine Grenade?) at his face....It's BROKEN.
    I wish it could be remembered it's a game, not a powerhouse race...Wishful thinkin' though. All it is on my end.

EDIT: Also, if you go by chronological order, White Beast is PSU's TTF. ;p
    There's some valid points in this, and I agree all classes need good variety. But I just want to point a few things out:
    First, hunter weapons are different takes on mostly the same attacks, with a couple weapon-unique attacks. A weapon is less of an extra weapon, and more of a style for that attack. Each weapon is to their PA's what a tech's element is to its attacks. Gifoie/Rabarta/Razonde/Gigrants = Shaker Slide/Nova Strike/Other Cyclone
    Second, elements aren't actually resisted by enemies. Their weakness just gets extra damage. A fire-specced force will get more damage out of Gifoie than Rabarta, but then Rabarta's strength isn't necessarily its damage. Same with Gizonde.
    Third, due to the nature of gears, to maximize performance in the way rangers can, gears are a requirement. Whereas rangers get 80% extra damage out of their tree for all weapons they can aim, hunters get significantly less - and reduce those lesser bonuses if they actually want to use all the weapons properly. Want to use all 3 weapons with their gears? That'll be 22 SP please. Yes, most players will have chosen one way or the other to go, but it costs a tanker 11 more SP to use partisan or WL gear (12 for both), and an offensive player 7 SP just to access sword gear.
    Fourth, hunters only have an extra weapon because they direly need it. Hunters don't have the ability to back off and spam attacks to anything resembling usefulness or good damage. They have two ranged attacks - speed rain and sonic arrow. The partisan exists as a weapon designed around mobility and survivability. You aren't anchored during your PA's, so you can jump+block at most points during any PA (with the exception of trick wave, which is wonky as all hell and has much smaller jump/dodge windows). This is there because the class needs something that lets them deal damage while being able to block or dodge instantly. Rangers and forces simply do not need that, they can see any attack coming and move.

So, in that way, hunters and rangers have a similar amount of variety. Rangers are the odd ones out, but then they're also not. Hunters and Forces are forced to specialize due to the nature of their trees. Rangers are not. Hunters have a small selection of PA's that are actually useful in most situations - enough to put them on their palette, that is. They're also mostly on every weapon, just slightly different in function. Someone is sure to claim otherwise, but I find half the partisan PA's leave a lot to desire. Ranger PA's are all fairly good and universally useful, with pretty much the exception of homing emission (which I'm sure many use to great effect, but I never did).

Rangers also have traps, which are seemingly forgotten by most players because they don't make sneak shoot do over 9999 damage. This is another place variety lies for rangers.

Now, as far as force NPC's being the best against mobs, that's because forces are the burst damage AOE class. Their weakness is the downtime they face when they run out of PP and their low health. Bring 3 of them and that downtime may as well not exist, plus everything is perpetually stunlocked. You should try playing the classes into hard mode (or at least desert) to better understand the limits of each class. Normal forest and caves is easy for everyone, it's when there's way more on the screen that things get challenging.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Aug 27, 2012 at 10:34 AM.

1. for the love of god make the playing characters different from one another seriously. whats the point of playing as a HUnewm and Hunewearl if they solely based on a balanced between close range and techniks only to discover that the hunter class can't use techniks? same with newm and wearl rangers. that needs to be changed seriously and fast. to me it seems like just real laziness. they need to put more of a focus on class balancing and differences, now it just seems more on looks rather than play style.
    2. no more ripping off weapons from last gen video games. that's getting old, real old
    3. make my room free. never understood why they didn't do that yet
    4. seriously use something other than gameguard so sega doesn't have to (bleep)ing make maintenance checks every week.
    5. no more gatcha(or whatever the hell it's called) it serves no point
    6. take the time to care about your game and your fans we deserve better than this.
    7. don't blame the players for something that could have been resolved by your staff
    8. globalize this game so we won't have content differences
    9. have unique rare weapons with unique abilities only for that weapon and nothing else.
    10. stop players from abusing the npc system. it shouldn't even be an option in a mmo

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    On the Force department, I have three issues...

1) As it was said already, make techs to be worth to use uncharged. Honestly, I don't know how would this work, but they should do more damage and/or cost much less PP. Currently doing a barrage of Foies and emptying your PP bar might do as much damage as ONE charged version of that tech. I dould be happy if I could just shoot a dozen weak foies like a machinegun to some fast enemies, but currently that'a so useless.
    You see, this reason I think they made uncharged techs weak to begin with is because they want FOs to be a slow-attacker kind of class. FOs can nuke monsters like lulz, but it takes some time to deliver the punishing.

2) Skilltree is heavily imbalanced. Fire branch is too overpowered, with lightning branch being kinda useless , and ice branch is directly useless (also, there are less areas where monsters are weak to lightning or ice). It'd be nice if they revamped Freeze Ignition to have a wider area and give Freeze Boost a much higher boost, and maybe making Photon Flare to last a bit more than 30 secs. In case of Lightning I don't think it's THAT bad, maybe we just need more areas weak to lightning... and making Tech JA boost a bit stronger.
    Now this point I agree with. It's not that the fire tech is any greater than the barta and zonde techs honestly, it's just that the left-hand side of the skill tree is so much better than the right side, that you'd be considered gimp going fully right-sided. I mean, no FO I know goes around without PP regenerate, and that takes at least 10 SP into the left side of the skill tree.

3) I like the talis weapon, but I don't play in TPS mode and I don't like that you gotta wait for the card to come back when you might need it. I think they should give a method to make the weapon to return the card instantly.
    I've been playing with Talis since pre-open, and I can assure you that TPS is almost never needed. Want to heal your pals? Aim at the boss, shoot a card, and resta. This works for shifta/anti/deband as well. All the nearby players will receive healing. There's no point in chasing one person with a card if only them will receive the healing.

You don't learn how to use a Talis properly over time, you learn it from experimenting with different card positioning and different techs in different situations. But I can assure you that, to use a talis' full potential, you don't need TPS.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Stuff.
    I sorta hafta agree. After playing FO and RA and then playing HU, I realize that the skill tree pretty much makes you "choose" which weapon you want to use. It's not the same as the RA and FO skill tree. RA pretty much has to use both launcher and rifles to be optimal, and FOs can make their skill trees "balanced" and still be excellent in the field.

But the only way to play a hunters' weapons to their fullest is to get their gears, which pressures a player to pick one and main it.
    Also, I don't really count gunslash as an extra weapon for FOs. Rangers and HUs naturally have high S-atk and R-atk, while FOs only get to use techs that would deal 3x more damage anyway if they were using a rod/talis.
    Last edited by Coatl; Aug 27, 2012 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hbmizzle10 View Post
    1. for the love of god make the playing characters different from one another seriously. whats the point of playing as a HUnewm and Hunewearl if they solely based on a balanced between close range and techniks only to discover that the hunter class can't use techniks? same with newm and wearl rangers. that needs to be changed seriously and fast. to me it seems like just real laziness. they need to put more of a focus on class balancing and differences, now it just seems more on looks rather than play style.
    That's what sub-classes are for (apparently).

2. no more ripping off weapons from last gen video games. that's getting old, real old
    I half-agree there. Some weapons are fine, specially if this game is going to be tied to the previous ones somehow. What I don't want is that they all get treated almost as godlike rares.

3. make my room free. never understood why they didn't do that yet
    My room is an useless commodity. I'm fine with it being premium content. What they should make free is trading.

4. seriously use something other than gameguard so sega doesn't have to (bleep)ing make maintenance checks every week.
    Agreed.

5. no more gatcha(or whatever the hell it's called) it serves no point
    So no room, no gacha... Where the hell do you expect SEGA to make money from this game?

6. take the time to care about your game and your fans we deserve better than this.
    7. don't blame the players for something that could have been resolved by your staff
    8. globalize this game so we won't have content differences
    Lol I agree but we're asking for some improvements, not for miracles.

9. have unique rare weapons with unique abilities only for that weapon and nothing else.
    That'd be cool.

10. stop players from abusing the npc system. it shouldn't even be an option in a mmo
    I completely disagree. NPCs are fine. If you don't like them don't use them.

On 10. I think he was referring to people who bring NPCs to MPs that are farming meseta, on purpose. Which I agree: It's pretty damn annoying.

Yeah, there needs to be a "No NPC" option in MPA creation. No, setting a password is not good enough. People can still join with a new party to bring NPC's just to spite you and you can't kick them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    You see, this reason I think they made uncharged techs weak to begin with is because they want FOs to be a slow-attacker kind of class. FOs can nuke monsters like lulz, but it takes some time to deliver the punishing.
    If that was the case, then why didn't they make techs just slow-casting and that's all? Like, you tap the button and then your character "charges" directly.

My problem is that I'm of the oppinion that, "if you put it in the game, make it fucking worth the effort using, if you don't plan to make it useful then it's not neccesary". If they wanted Forces to be slow casters then they didn't need to add the useless fast-casted techs with no use whatsoever.

We do have fast-firing techs. So I think they should make them useful in some way. Having them for nothing is just lame.

Now this point I agree with. It's not that the fire tech is any greater than the barta and zonde techs honestly, it's just that the left-hand side of the skill tree is so much better than the right side, that you'd be considered gimp going fully right-sided. I mean, no FO I know goes around without PP regenerate, and that takes at least 10 SP into the left side of the skill tree.
    The problem is mainly the aviability of enemies weak to fire and the fact that, as we discussed in the previous paragraph, charged techs are so useful, so even if you wanna go use lightning or ice, you'd be getting Tech Charge Advance.

If there were much more enemies weak to lightning, that side of the skilltree is not THAT bad. You get Bolt PP save, you get more PP skills, you get tech JA bonus... Those skills would mean a serious hurt if it wasn't that like 85% of the enemies in the game are weak to fire, so it's not worth getting those techs. If they made those skills more attractive (making the Tech JA bonus more rewarding, for example, and turning the non-JA bonus into a JA bonus 2, I seriously don't understand why would they want us to not to use JAs), more people would go that way. The skills are cool, specially Razonde. They have the potential, but not too good development.

In the case of the ice branch, I just feel they didn't really know wtf to do in that part. The fire branch seems intended to go with speed, lightning with less cost, and ice I'd say, with raw power, but the skills all go wrong. At least they should make Freeze Ignition a tech with as much range as Gibarta, so you can nuke a couple monsters with it at the same time.

In any case, the main problem is lack of targets. We're getting two new maps in the future that we know of, one is some sort of second forest and the other seems to be the darkers hive... and I doubt those places are going to hold monsters weak to lightning or ice. We NEED more areas with those weakness.

I've been playing with Talis since pre-open, and I can assure you that TPS is almost never needed. Want to heal your pals? Aim at the boss, shoot a card, and resta. This works for shifta/anti/deband as well. All the nearby players will receive healing. There's no point in chasing one person with a card if only them will receive the healing.

You don't learn how to use a Talis properly over time, you learn it from experimenting with different card positioning and different techs in different situations. But I can assure you that, to use a talis' full potential, you don't need TPS.
    I was talking about the fact that to "call" your card back you gotta aim through a wall or the floor so it comes back, something that is kinda hard without TPS. I love using all aviable weapons in this game, and I've been using Talis (specially for boss fights and emervency codes) all the time, but I still find that the weapon should have a "recall" system, somehow.

For example, the second attack could be a "card boomerang" that through it back to your hand. If you're just positioning the card to use techs, you don't need to do a full combo. if you're recovering PP you wouldn't really mind that action.

So, the Talis combo would be something like "throw -> recall -> throw". if you need to use Resta on yourself and the talis is at the other side of the room you just mash the button twice and you get it back.
    Last edited by Darki; Aug 27, 2012 at 01:43 PM.