Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Zyru is completely correct, all with glorious caps.

How about just making certain blocks automatically lock NPC parties from Multi-party areas since people can't take two seconds of their time to mash their hands on the keyboard for a password and click a check box before starting a mission? Do this in conjunction with an update designating certain lobbies as NPC areas.

I lock mine all of the time when I bring NPC characters. This takes no effort to do. If people can't do that then something simple like what I said above would work, no? Everyone needs their hand to be held these days...
    Last edited by Lyric; Aug 27, 2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Phantasy Star Online 2 | Ship 2
    The Ginyu Force
    Lyric

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuyaHikari View Post

I just don't understand how some people can be so against the idea of multi-parties and think it's ruining their experience of the game.
    because the rewards for doing it are so far out of line with everything else (especially considering how easy it is)

it's not so much that they exist, as that they're not balanced correctly with the rest of the game.

boss runs are pointless. time attack is a joke. very few client orders give enough anything to care about leaving the area to "reload" (or to do at all, once you cap). the story/matterboard is a steaming pile of crap, offering up nothing unique at all. Speed runs are punished by the mechanics of how loot is handed out.

having one thing be the best thing for everything is bad for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    If they insist on being jerks and won't boot NPCs when asked, there's not much else I could do, I guess. I'll have to deal with it until they move to English version.
    Midori, in lobby-11, I don't think anyone dare to use NPC, if it is not for rush to boss. so you can do it there I think. It has been so long that I never seen NPC to roam in multi party. Most of the party lock password with requirement to get in anyway. (from JP time perspective, never seen NPC join in multi for a month already)

About suggestion to have more enemy spawn in multi area.
    I don't think that is a good solution. Because that would make item to drop even more and make better meseta, therefore, shift the momentum between single pt to multi pt to even worse rate. (currently it is already 3x reward or more/hour. If want more challenge, it is better that they make monsters stronger instead. with same drop rate.)

Anyhow, this is always the problem that SEGA have in any of their game. They could try their best to balance all mission and all method to make nothing best, and that would allow players to enjoy the game for the longest period. But they always not be able to balance it well, and have some mission or method that grant 3x of the reward and make everybody spam it until players starting to quit. Toward the future was the flaw in PSO, White beast was the flaw in PSU, and MPA is the flaw here. Fortunately tho, there are many missions for MPA, so it is not as bad as it used to be at those games. Still, it is pointless to even have single party mission, if there reward is so suck. They need to make it more useful.
    Last edited by Arika; Aug 27, 2012 at 09:25 PM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    If they insist on being jerks and won't boot NPCs when asked, there's not much else I could do, I guess. I'll have to deal with it until they move to English version.
    Are you implying it's only foreign players taking NPCs into multiparty maps?

HAHAHAHA!!

Oh wow.

When I ventured out of block 20 to find multiparties, a good 80% of the games were filled with like 6 bots and 2 players... so yeah lol, Japanese people do it just as much, if not more.

I love Japan and its culture, but those people who hold it next to godliness are just obnoxious.

NPCs are more reliable in an MPA than most people you bump into. We're all going counter clockwise, while swinging off to the outside dead ends in our MPA tour, and some people go in reverse, ignore the dead ends(which the mob of people are going to), or just follow on people and don't do a damn thing.

I'll take 3 bots who I know will follow me with the main group in the right path over 3 idiots who want to do things their own way.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Yeah (correct me if I'm wrong here) but don't bots have zero effect on spawn-rate, which is the entire point of MPAs?

More players = more spawns = more drops/money.
    More bots = same spawns/sameblahblah.

I think there just needs to be longer maps/missions, only 3 areas with quick access to the next area is what's killing it, yeah it's fun to farm and make tons of Meseta hoping to get lucky for a rare, but how many people are actually doing runs of a certain mission for a certain rare? Maybe some are doing that but most are just farming Area 1 of FI, if the maps were much longer and not as spread out, more closer to each other, (multiple rooms instead of wide areas) then I think that most would just run missions over and over again instead of farming multiparty.
    PSO 2 Chararcters:
    Sniper Wolf- RA/HUnewearl main PHnewearl (current)Ship 02 (CBT participant)

Proud leader of Newearls Luv PP

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMango View Post
    Yeah (correct me if I'm wrong here) but don't bots have zero effect on spawn-rate, which is the entire point of MPAs?

More players = more spawns = more drops/money.
    More bots = same spawns/sameblahblah.
    Japanese wiki says a bot = 7/10 of a player if I'm reading this correctly. Plus I can attest to getting more spawns with 3 bots than by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMango View Post
    When I ventured out of block 20 to find multiparties, a good 80% of the games were filled with like 6 bots and 2 players... so yeah lol, Japanese people do it just as much, if not more.

I love Japan and its culture, but those people who hold it next to godliness are just obnoxious.
    Fortunately, most of those players are not getting into parties explicitly marked in their description as "No NPCs allowed".

Actually, it would be nice if the English players would also adopt the practice of putting a password on the multiparty with the pass in the description to keep out random solo players. (And making them complicated English words so JP players can't get in OH WAIT *totally not bitter - fuggin' KANJI!!*).