Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Crow View Post
    as a new player to the pso genre... WHAT? force hunter? techs on hunters? someone enlighten me.. is this true... how does it work. what the fuck o.o
    Ha ha ha, er, okay. This is getting closer to PSO's class structure now, which a lot of us welcome. It's also in the style of PSU's classes. Where to start here...

In PSO1 all casts could use traps, while all humans and newmans could use techs. Newmans tended to be better with techs (this was expanded on in later versions of the game).

When you go into classes as well, the race/class combination was effectively a subclass option. A HUcast wasn't just a male cast with slightly stronger atp and hp, it was the hunter that laid traps (HUcaseals also did this after the GC version). A HUnewearl wasn't just a female newman with slightly worse atp and hp, it was the combat support hunter that regenerated TP (Only newmans did this). Humans lay in between as they do now, not having amazing techs but also not having the worst hp and atp.

There was no RAnewearl or FOcast. The RAmarl was added in the gamecube version, and acted as pretty much a gun-oriented HUnewearl.

This added a layer of complexity and numerous options, plus let you customize your playstyle as you saw fit. It was a subtler way of adding subclasses in a semi-realistic way (as real as scifi fantasy gets anyway). A female newman wouldn't be relegated exclusively to being force, and wouldn't just forget how to use techs when going hunter. The race/class combos were chosen for mainly balance reasons, giving choices of some unique takes, but kept it to a minimum. HUnewm didn't exist, for instance, and FOcast/RAnewearl would be so bad at their roles (ZERO MST for casts, and the worst ATA for newmans) that they weren't even available. That's why some of us are so giddy at the idea of playing these combos, we were denied them and now we finally have them in our grasp.

edit: To expand on why having less-than-the-best techs on a hunter is good, there's a few reasons. First, and most important, there were no PA's. Take your ordinary swing on your weapons - and leave it at that. Second, and still important, tech damage was calculated very differently from regular damage. There was no s-atk, r-atk, or t-atk; similarly, there was no s-def, r-def, or t-def. There was DFP, then elemental resistances. If an enemy was only taking 1 damage from your Handgun +1, you could get Foie and hit for some percentage reduced of what you'd normally hit. If your Foie did 100 damage, and the enemy had 25% fire resistance, all Foie hits did 75 damage. Due to the nature of the damage formula, shifta and deband plus jellen and zalure, (what is now weak bullet and jellen shot) were all available on a HUnewearl or RAmarl, whereas normally only forces had all four. These combined took enemies down considerably.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Aug 30, 2012 at 06:15 PM.

Personally I'm just excited to have Resta on other classes :3

I seem to recall the RAmarl being in PSO DC v2.
    SERVERS DIE WHEN THEY ARE KILLED.

as a new player to the pso genre... WHAT? force hunter? techs on hunters? someone enlighten me.. is this true... how does it work. what the fuck o.o

also if it was true i don't see how it's useful.. apart from the heal... i'd rather use partisan for aoe and sword for single target or something. i don't know.. feels messy
    Basically it's from old PSO in a way, since classes were more based on what gender/race you were not just being a hunter, the combination of your gender and race played a huge role when selecting your class, this gave room for many Hybrid builds, now with this added such gender/race combinations will be useful for example a Newman female despite having the lowest base R atk will actually be useful if combined with a FOrce since you will have the greatest T atk of all the other RAngers.
    PSO 2 Chararcters:
    Sniper Wolf- RA/HUnewearl main PHnewearl (current)Ship 02 (CBT participant)

Proud leader of Newearls Luv PP

Gate open!
    A place so far away yet so close at hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Aewyn View Post
    I seem to recall the RAmarl being in PSO DC v2.
    nerp. Ep 1 & 2 saw the introduction of the Hucaseal, Ramarl, and Fomar

Hmmmm Hunter/fighter for me if it's possible of course
    PSO2
    テレサ Lv65-Hunter Lv49-Fighter Lv60-Ranger Lv40-Braver
    My Youtube Channel / Join the League

also if it was true i don't see how it's useful.. apart from the heal... i'd rather use partisan for aoe and sword for single target or something. i don't know.. feels messy
    If youre new to the series, i can tell you this much: In PSO1, hunters and rangers could use techs, and they could use some of each other's weapons. Debuffing attack and defence was a spell, not an ability, so the female hunters and rangers (males could not do both) could debuff the enemies and buff themselves. Attack techs were not too good on them but having resta, anti, s/d and or z/j was an awesome combo.
    Last edited by Skyly HUmar; Aug 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM.

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Exile View Post
    Hmmmm Hunter/fighter for me if it's possible of course
    You read my mind :P. If i can use the subclass' gears ill use whichever one has more S-attack as the main class. If i cant ill use hunter as main, im too used to sword gear :P.

Sry, double post

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

ill go techer->fighter or fighter techer.

dunno wich one will be better.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

so what you are all saying is force subclass>the rest? hope they implement this well and not be like that gearless gunslash.