Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safe to Update?

Default Safe to Update?

I've been avoiding PSO2 ever since the update fiasco of sometime ago that damaged the computers of several players. As someone who flies on the side of caution due to the fact my computer cannot be easily replaced should any harm come to it, I thought to ask but one thing of the pso world community; Is the game truly safe to play again?

Do I need to be concerned with errors such as bsods and the like should I opt to update?

Now I am well aware of some of the more hostile and aggressive members of this community and I would request that if you've nothing of substance to add to this conversation, then please refrain from posting here. I'd really rather avoid meaningless arguments if it can be helped as they do nothing to aid the conversation and only serve to squander time and energy.

If threads such as this, besides the evil gameguard update thread that appears to be buried now, have appeared before now, I apologize seemingly copying their content. However, this does appear to be the fastest way to garner an answer of sorts and in that interest, I post this here.

Any and all assistance or aid in this would be greatly appreciated. I had initially thought to hold out until the new weapon categories came out but the screenshot thread highlighting the new content is simply too much for me to resist. I offer my thanks in advance good people and hopefully look forward to resuming playing this game absent unexpected damages to my computer.
    Embrace the Unknown...

I have never had a problem with any update. I would just try updating if I were you. Or we can wait and see what the others have to say about it.
    PSO2
    テレサ Lv65-Hunter Lv49-Fighter Lv60-Ranger Lv40-Braver
    My Youtube Channel / Join the League

My thanks for the swift reply Crimson. I will indeed await for further responses but your post is at least somewhat encouraging to read. I would very much so like to make a return to the game as soon as possible.
    Embrace the Unknown...

From my understanding, the 64-bit driver that was screwing up 64-bit OSes has been removed, so it should be relatively safe for now until they decide if/when to implement it again. The fact that the GameGuard thread is buried seems proof enough that things have settled back down.
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/

Hm...that's certainly true enough Mikura. Very well, despite what my paranoia would have me do, I will indeed attempt the update. If your information is accurate, I should be posting the good news shortly.
    Embrace the Unknown...

Huzzah! I have successfully updated the game with no discernible errors to report as of yet. You all have my thanks for your encouragement and i shall look forward to seeing you within the game.
    Embrace the Unknown...

Good job! Just in time for the new classes next month.
    PSO2
    テレサ Lv65-Hunter Lv49-Fighter Lv60-Ranger Lv40-Braver
    My Youtube Channel / Join the League

Buried.
    Page 2.
    Last post 08-28-2012.

Quote Originally Posted by KEV1N View Post
    Buried.
    Page 2.
    Last post 08-28-2012.
    Dead Forum.
    Page 2.
    Buried.
    PSO2 Karai

I'm on a 64 bit Win 7 based system which is where most of the major problems have been occurring and have not had any issues of late.