Default Vol Dragon fireball resistance.

I was wondering which is best for resisiting the fireball he does in the air (other than avoiding it which I'm not good at)

I was thiking of buying the best defence units with T-Def that I can and adding fire res or more t-def, can someone tell me if fire res reduces damage from fire attacks or just the chance to be burnt?

Stay behind him.
    UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT! D<

Watch his shadow, and get behind him so that his shadow is constantly turning to find you. If you do it right you can go back and forth to keep him turning opposite directions constantly. That's how you'll know you're exactly behind him. Fireball evaded!

Other than that, there ARE units that give fire resistance, and then T-Def might work, but I have no idea how much damage it does so it might still kill you in one hit.

Ok, thanks for the input I managed to find some decent cheap units with t-def & fire res so i will also try your advice with the shadow. Thanks.

just try to stay under his tail, he cant breath from his ass
    look for spiky ball when he flies up

Or just for fun, you could always try to evade just as it hits the ground.

If you're very worried about vol dragon fireballs, just try to buy a fang bantha's armor or quartz dragon's armor for getting an high T-DEF.

Yeah, they aren't the best armors. However, the T-DEF stat are the best if you grind any part of these armor. A good tank can receive only about 50-60 damage in hard mode so... don't worry for other things.

Greetings.