Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    Actually Sega's advice is not very good since your locked for 30 mins if you use the EX drinks. It would be one thing if it was just Shifta and Deband but it's not, It goes for all buff's and some last a lot longer then 1 minute. This need's to be "Fix", Oh clothes being a equitable is most likely from the idea that clothes and part's had stat's on them during Alpha 1st.
    Well, that advice is a work around. Work arounds never feel like good advice at all. Until it is fixed then there is not going to be a good solution to it. But anyway, there were stat bugs in PSO as well, it adds to the authenticity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana-Chan View Post
    Well, that advice is a work around. Work arounds never feel like good advice at all. Until it is fixed then there is not going to be a good solution to it. But anyway, there were stat bugs in PSO as well, it adds to the authenticity.
    Wow, what?! This issue's as old as PSO1? Where'd it start? DC? GC? Ep3? PC? Tell me this skipped PSU, cus all I remember as Force there were some static numbers too. Didn't really try to pay much mind unless an Acrotecher came in. <3

Shoot, and I guess I'm glad I was too dumb and lost in my own little world back in those days to ever notice or feel need to focus on my damage. To say there were only 4 and then 8 maps, lmao.. there was enough content still to keep my mind swindled from errors...... ....unlike, now... *cough*

Oh well.. Free Online games have a routine to follow, can't do nothin' 'bout it but pull my hair and wait another month for the next update, usually an incredibly tiny fraction, meant to hold us all over for another month. >_> (Or play something else. lol *sigh*)

Not this particular issue, or at least I didn't see this particular issue. (But I never normally checked stats after changing equipment).

The major one that I knew of was on Ep 1&2 (not sure about BB) that if you equipped stuff and hit your class maximum in a stat and then unequipped something that lowered the maxed stat, your resulting stats would be different to if you just equipped everything except the equipment that you unequipped.

There was also that other funny one where if you equipped enough units and stuff to be able to equip a weapon, then unequip those units so you drop below the minimum stat, the weapon didn't unequip. But PSO was full of these little gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana-Chan View Post
    Not this particular issue, or at least I didn't see this particular issue. (But I never normally checked stats after changing equipment).

The major one that I knew of was on Ep 1&2 (not sure about BB) that if you equipped stuff and hit your class maximum in a stat and then unequipped something that lowered the maxed stat, your resulting stats would be different to if you just equipped everything except the equipment that you unequipped.

There was also that other funny one where if you equipped enough units and stuff to be able to equip a weapon, then unequip those units so you drop below the minimum stat, the weapon didn't unequip. But PSO was full of these little gems.
    LOL! That 2nd one, I definitely remember. I used to abuse it when I could. Just to make sure I could equip a 4-slot armor, I would save, early in level. I couldn't be without my God/Speed. lol or.. whatever one boosted attack speed.

Anywho, thanks all for your acknowledgement.

Looks like for now I'll only switch clothes/weapons just before taking a new drink, instead.

Cramps my preferred play-style. But it is what it is.

I guess this explains why my characters seem to randomly underperform, as I tend to switch weapons and costumes fairly often. I didn't expect it to be a bug as silly as this.

Thanks for bringing this information to light.

Are we safe to take a deband drink and switch weapons? Likewise a shifta drink and switch armor is ok?

Playing PSP2i on PSP 6.39PRO-B6 (Online)

PSOW save games converted: 44. Conversion Service Ended.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyskunk View Post
    Are we safe to take a deband drink and switch weapons? Likewise a shifta drink and switch armor is ok?
    Whoa, sorry! I've still not felt like giving any more Meseta into it yet lmao BUT according to others' experiments and word of mouth, yes.. Your Defense will take a hit from the clothes/weapons item switching if you used a Defensive buff.

What I'll need to find out is where the minimum amount of Defense is to actually see the reduction. Like with Offensive stats, I know if you're 900 and above, you WILL see it.

Also, the drinks act as buffs, so even without Shifta the Technique or Deband the Technique casted on you, if you use JUST a Drink and you're at or above the minimum stat number where this begins to show, you will see a reduction should you change outfits or weapons.

Thank goodness this only applies when you get buffed. My char has some 1k stats without buffs. I'd be pretty angry if day by day I'd lose some stats due to this faulty mechanic.
    Last edited by dablacksephiroth; Sep 8, 2012 at 10:34 AM.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Had a weird effect happened last night.

Edit: Think I'm off on this from an earlier version of this post And think it's a new bug to the stat system.......since the first time I had this was very late last night now it's looking like a bigger bug. .....I'm retesting to make sure.... I'll be back..lol

Edit2: Ok figure'd it out it's much worst then I thought the Bug really suck's big time. First off the Deband and shifta or any normal drink's will effect any gear you have on and drop with any switching of anything. 2nd now, there's a bug to the EX drink's as well. They now have a huge drop(it's adding a gear switch drop) as well when you switch area's, or simply going form your camp ship to the battle field 1,2,3 and boss. Now you can recover some of it back(you use normal Deband with out switching) but it's still reduced. And if your buff with the EX going to another area you get a another reduction when you switch area's and then you have to wait the time out to recover that little bit again. Oh that too it broke my R-Def stat it's lower then my T-Def stat and they are the same normally.

Now some tips, You can switch but only in between Normal Buff's it will help keep better stat's. Never buff before going into a new area, since the buff will be better. It will be the difference of 60 - 140 compare to 150 - 250 stat reduction. And my stat are just under 800 - 900.
    Last edited by Omega-z; Sep 8, 2012 at 01:03 PM.