Page 405 of 430 FirstFirst ... 305355395402403404405406407408415 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 4299

Quote Originally Posted by polishgerbils View Post
    Out of the game for a while, whats the current BIS setup for weapons and units? Still Austere and Saiki? Did 12* Units replace? Rings?
    Everyone's hunting for mother's weapons from collection file. You defenetly should too.
    As for units, old 11* sets are still effective, since 12*sets stats not all that hot. But 12* can have rings build inside of them.
    and as for rings. Weapon action based for fi rigns is a must. Perfect keeper are nice too, as well as the rings from latest solo XQ.If you have 12* you may wanna try something else, like air reversal.

Only L/DS Kamaitachi is a must, the other L rings are optional. For R ring, other than Effort Symbol and Perfect Keeper as obvious more damage option, PP Convert and Killing Bonus are also good. EPPR Field can be used for raid bosses when Limit Break is down to keep up PP too.

Izane units actually have good stats. They don't have set effect tho, and it's always better to use a combination of 11* and 12* units, like Austere rear/arm + Ray leg.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

You dont need to fix yourself to one ring even if you do have 12* units for fighter weapons.
    I figured how to use the ring equip and weapon equip shortcuts together.

/sr L/ナックルチェイス /mpal5
    This is the knuckle chase ring I have in the select option shortcuts menu,my knuckles are in weapon palette 5 and 6,this equips the ring with the weapon.

/sr L/TDエアチェイス /mpal3
    This is TD air chase,same set up with the knuckles,but my twin daggers are in weapon palette 3 and 4,it equips both the ring and the weapon.

/sr L/DSカマイタチ /mpal1
    This is the DS kamataichi/whirlwind ring,I have my double saber in weapon palette slot 1 and 2 and as the shortcuts before it,this equips the ring and the weapon.
    These are the shortcut commands I use to maximise the use for all my fighter weapons without having to have 12* units or add said rings to units.

In the shortcut menu they're set out as I've listed them here.
    Knuckles in shortcut slot 1 for easy access when bosses need a backhand
    Twin daggers in slot 2 for easy access when bosses need to be chased all over the place
    Double saber in slot 3 because it takes a few more clicks to get to and since this is what I use for mobbing,I have it equipped the most.

Hope this helps people struggling to decide what L rings to use for fighter,because you dont need to worry about it at all as you can have them all active when you need them to be without sifting through menus to re-equip them.

You can do this with any class btw,I have a somewhat similar weapon on my ranger so slow roll equips when I equip the rifle and launcher nonweak bonus equips when I use the launcher.

Edit: If you're fighting a boss and you're not going to use a weapon palette for it,throw the umbla stick on that slot instead so you can quick switch to it before the crystal break.
    I have this in the last option on the shortcut menu,so I only have to hit select and press up once to be able to quick swap.
    So if I dont want to use my knuckles second weapon palette,I'll have the shortcut set so /mpal6 swaps to weapon palette 6 with the umbla stick.

Edit 2: I think theres a weapon camo shortcut too,so if you want to use multiple weapon camos with all your weapons,do it in a similar way that I do to equip rings and weapons together,but just add your desired weapon camo to the shortcut so all 3 equip at once.
    Last edited by Moffen; Dec 30, 2016 at 06:31 AM.
    Spoiler!

Weapons: Honestly I'd rather use Gix than mother weapons. Maybe knuckles, since I tend to switch to them only for a burst in damage when the boss opens a weakpoint rather than having them equipped all the time. Gix is otherwise better if you can prevent yourself from using -mate items all the time. Which you should.

Units: 12* units might be good if you have a good set of 11*s that requires only two units, like Austere or Double. Then the third unit is a 12*. But a pure 12* set is still rubbish and outclassed by saiki.

Rings: Honestly I barely switch those around anymore. For L-ring, kamaitachi is good 90% of the time. Air chase is good for specific bosses (magatsu if anyone still runs that) but otherwise cutting distance really isn't a problem. Slow Fi Action is what I equip if I foresee having to use knuckles a lot. Either way, switching rings mid combat is unnecessary, you can easily predict what ring you'll need for which fight and just wear it.
    My preferred L-Ring is just reversal cover. It has good synergy with both iron will and gix weapons' potential. It's also almost as good as the Braver skill, as opposed to the Perfect Keeper ring which offers a measly +3% damage.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Weapons: Honestly I'd rather use Gix than mother weapons. Maybe knuckles, since I tend to switch to them only for a burst in damage when the boss opens a weakpoint rather than having them equipped all the time. Gix is otherwise better if you can prevent yourself from using -mate items all the time. Which you should.

i'd have both astra and gix for DS and TD honestly, and stick to astra for knux
    hi

Quote Originally Posted by Remz69 View Post
    i'd have both astra and gix for DS and TD honestly, and stick to astra for knux
    Sounds like a strange strategy. Then again, what a broad like me could possibly understand?

Having both Astra and Gix for DS and TD is great.
    Both are great for prolonged fights, but I use Astra more for general play as I can equip an effort symbol ring for much more consistent critical hits instead of PP Convert as the attack PP restorate is more than enough when you pair it with Limit Break. Gix is there for when I really need that extra 10% or so damage above an Astra at max in certain situations. It helps that I've added status ailment affixes on my Gix weapons for certain bosses. I'd say Astra wins overall if you're able to consistently use the 3rd normal attack for PP recovery and use 2 PAs in place of the 1st and 2nd normal attacks.

When you have multiple healing actions on your mag, it makes Gix's damage potential simpler to maintain as long as you're actually trying to not get hit by everything that heads your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Having both Astra and Gix for DS and TD is great.
    Both are great for prolonged fights, but I use Astra more for general play as I can equip an effort symbol ring for much more consistent critical hits instead of PP Convert as the attack PP restorate is more than enough when you pair it with Limit Break. Gix is there for when I really need that extra 10% or so damage above an Astra at max in certain situations. It helps that I've added status ailment affixes on my Gix weapons for certain bosses. I'd say Astra wins overall if you're able to consistently use the 3rd normal attack for PP recovery and use 2 PAs in place of the 1st and 2nd normal attacks.

When you have multiple healing actions on your mag, it makes Gix's damage potential simpler to maintain as long as you're actually trying to not get hit by everything that heads your way.
    listen to this guy thx.. but if you can only have 1 get astra the regen is insane allowing for more dps.. basically it outclasses combat orbit while having austere power

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    sharp remark. Just realizied why I should not use gix, since my reflexes are really delayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    listen to this guy thx.. but if you can only have 1 get astra the regen is insane allowing for more dps.. basically it outclasses combat orbit while having austere power
    Sounds apt as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    I figured how to use the ring equip and weapon equip shortcuts together.
    Does this work with the item translation patch yet?