Page 64 of 430 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774114164 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    PP restorate on the techer boosts the passive PP regen, as in any time your PP gauge refills itself and not the boosts from non-PA attacks, by 40% at level 10. It goes from 5 pp/s to 7 pp/s.

Gunner has a skill called Attack PP Restorate which does the opposite - it has no effect on the normal passive PP recovery, but doubles (+100% at level 10, yes really) PP regained via non-PA hits. This makes gunner an incredibly powerful sub for fighters. You can do deadly archer -> deadly archer -> normal attack infinitely. Literally. The third attack in a double saber combo normally regains quite a bit of PP, just around 30 actually, so it's brought up to around or even above 60. It's a very powerful combo for long duration fights. If the fight isn't lasting all that long hunter may be better for better short term damage.

Fighter is one of those classes that, due to its stances and versatile weapon selection, benefits from every single sub in the game. Even when subbing force, tech damage is brought up to passable levels due to the stances. Great class all around.
    Ah ok.
    I really hate to go through ranger just to get gunner and Attack PP restorate........
    meh, i'll stick with techer for now, once i get it

Thanks.

Ehh, when it comes to the FI stances, I don't bother all that much, since I'm one that uses the daggers, and especially Raging Waltz. I go for the gears, first and foremost, and use HU as my subclass, so I can use Fury Stance. Coupling that with a FI stance, when I know exactly what angle I'm gonna be stuck at (Wise stance for Dark Ragne, since I'm going to be homing on the brain), it's a really deadly combo. Include with the way I play FI, you're literally a deadly projectile. If you're good with dodging at certain points, you can easily wipe out bosses without getting hit. It just takes patience.

Green Coloured Reflection LinkKD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher106 View Post
    Ehh, when it comes to the FI stances, I don't bother all that much, since I'm one that uses the daggers, and especially Raging Waltz. I go for the gears, first and foremost, and use HU as my subclass, so I can use Fury Stance. Coupling that with a FI stance, when I know exactly what angle I'm gonna be stuck at (Wise stance for Dark Ragne, since I'm going to be homing on the brain), it's a really deadly combo. Include with the way I play FI, you're literally a deadly projectile. If you're good with dodging at certain points, you can easily wipe out bosses without getting hit. It just takes patience.
    You should know though...Ragne's brain is a "front" not "back"

from my testings, no matter what angle you hit ragne's brain from, brave stance is always boosting damage on it...so for homing the brain you want brave stance, not wise...afaik at least

and...

@Skyklo

yeah sorry =w=...I somteims type too much, I went loose in my line of thought about chase advance and bind in general

and you're right...would be extremely hard to test it...would be just nice if we could see the game's script so we could tell for sure if it stacks or not...or if we could ask Sakai about it |: [?]

I feel it's an information there's no need we're deprived of...sorta like something they forgot to mention even though they know it. [?]

erhm...well, i guess I can just consider it doesn't stack...it's what makes most sense probably, since it doesn't say it adds ivulnerable time...but rather sets the ivulnerable time at the level's specifications

How to enjoy MMOs: Less Numbers, More People

Link KD @Deviantart / @Youtube / MY YOUMU VIDEO, WATCH IT !1!

Stances work based on the way the enemy is facing. You can easily use deadly archer in conjunction with wise stance on ragne's weak point when he's downed, I do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkKD View Post
    @Skyklo

yeah sorry =w=...I somteims type too much, I went loose in my line of thought about chase advance and bind in general

and you're right...would be extremely hard to test it...would be just nice if we could see the game's script so we could tell for sure if it stacks or not...or if we could ask Sakai about it |: [?]
    Man, NO ONE GETS MY NAME RIGHT.....Even my RL friends don't....

And to those of you discussing b/w Brave and Wise stance on Ragne's brain, it actually depends on your position relative to Ragne's Centerpoint, which happens to be it's abdomen.

From my own experience, since daggers have a decent amount of range (believe it or not), I've noticed my numbers fluctuate between 400 when I'm really close and 200 as I get pushed out slightly backwards because of it's abdomen/hitbox

In other words, Brave stance is effective if you home into the brain from the front and stay close to its brain, as well as keep accidentally hitting it's "Shield head", but Wise would be ideal if you keep homing in a bit behind the brain, around the 2nd half of the abdomen.
    Just stick with brave, the latter is rather unlikely and you can always adjust your midair position with another Symph/Waltz

Quote Originally Posted by LinkKD View Post
    You should know though...Ragne's brain is a "front" not "back"

from my testings, no matter what angle you hit ragne's brain from, brave stance is always boosting damage on it...so for homing the brain you want brave stance, not wise...afaik at least
    Wait, huh? the only way to hit the brain spot is hitting it from behind. You mean to tell me any hitboxes on a mob's front half are affected by Brave Stance? I thought it was which way you were facing...

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher106 View Post
    Wait, huh? the only way to hit the brain spot is hitting it from behind. You mean to tell me any hitboxes on a mob's front half are affected by Brave Stance? I thought it was which way you were facing...
    Sort of.
    The "Halves" are dependant on where the enemy is facing, and the stances affect the damage you deal on said enemy depending on the half you're in, relative to that enemy.

Take big vardha, for example. It's centerpoint can be found on the minimap (that big diamond), and it is pretty much ALWAYS facing south (remember the ENTIRE FORTRESS is vardha, not just the mech above it)
    So the halfline for vardha extends East/West
    Therefore the front "brave" half would be in the southern area and the back "wise" half would be in the northern area.

Another, anecdotal, example: With brave stance, facing the front of a Ga wonda, I throw a talis behind it and use gigrants to hit it's weakpoint from there, damage is around 330 (per hit).
    Now I circle it and position MYSELF behind Ga wonda and cast Gigrants, damage is around 170 (per hit), still hitting the weakpoint. In both cases I hit the rear end of Ga wonda but my position affected the damage output due to the stance

TL;DR - FI stances depend only on your position relative to the orientation of the enemy being attacked. Where the attack actually hits does not matter.

^ Correct. Stances also boost all damage types, including striking, ranged, tech, and photon blasts.

Now I am def going techer/fighter. Stance riding to the extreme.

Green Coloured Reflection LinkKD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Syklo View Post
    Man, NO ONE GETS MY NAME RIGHT.....Even my RL friends don't....

And to those of you discussing b/w Brave and Wise stance on Ragne's brain, it actually depends on your position relative to Ragne's Centerpoint, which happens to be it's abdomen.

From my own experience, since daggers have a decent amount of range (believe it or not), I've noticed my numbers fluctuate between 400 when I'm really close and 200 as I get pushed out slightly backwards because of it's abdomen/hitbox

In other words, Brave stance is effective if you home into the brain from the front and stay close to its brain, as well as keep accidentally hitting it's "Shield head", but Wise would be ideal if you keep homing in a bit behind the brain, around the 2nd half of the abdomen.
    Just stick with brave, the latter is rather unlikely and you can always adjust your midair position with another Symph/Waltz
    LOL mybad...I was almost falling asleep when I typed that =w=...I usually make an effort to get people's names right...but I guess it's hard to not read "Sky" in your name at first glance

and uhm...so it is possible to hit the brain from "behind"...but since im always using daggers on that, I always get the brave stance bonus...since im always close enough for that

it seems it'd be complicated to get the wise stance bonus on ragne's brain with daggers <_>'

How to enjoy MMOs: Less Numbers, More People

Link KD @Deviantart / @Youtube / MY YOUMU VIDEO, WATCH IT !1!