Page 105 of 430 FirstFirst ... 55595102103104105106107108115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 4299
    Irregularities ahead!!! Shinmarizu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    edit: Burn spreads, by the way, I should have mentioned that. This might make it amazing for chase, but I haven't tried it so can't say either way.
    I have Burn III on my double saber and I have to say that it does work well with Chase Advance as far as I know. Then again, it is on a double saber so my experience may be a bit skewed in terms number of hits versus proc rate.

In my experience Burn, Shock and Poison work quite well when it comes to landing SEs for Chase damage. It also helps that, for affixing, some souls give bonuses when affixing a given status effect at tier III.

I have yet to try Panic and Mirage (of which I will probably choose to use the former if at all) - that is an experiment for a later time.

PSO2: Lorilae / Durandal / Rook (Ship 2)
    PSO2 ID: nimbusalexander

I kinda like mirage only because it seems more universal, but burn shock and poison are probably the preferred methods.

I'm loving Panic until now. On big spawns from AQs or Darker's Den you can apply it to the tougher mobs then go kill the small annoying ones.
    I know I'd hate Poison, because it doesn't do anything good and can't be applied to darkers(?).

For applying a SE, Burn is arguably the best, but it's useless just like Poison.
    >>>Youtube channel<<<

Primobol @ ship6 (Ken)

darkers can be poisoned, they're just resistant to it.

Panic might be fun on a sword. Sonic arrow + panic sounds pretty devastating. I'd probably want a DS with burn and another with poison though. Poison makes QD and accordion dragons cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Primobol View Post
    I'm loving Panic until now. On big spawns from AQs or Darker's Den you can apply it to the tougher mobs then go kill the small annoying ones.
    I know I'd hate Poison, because it doesn't do anything good and can't be applied to darkers(?).

For applying a SE, Burn is arguably the best, but it's useless just like Poison.
    Or you could say anything but Burn and Poison are useless because they do no damage.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Or you could say anything but Burn and Poison are useless because they do no damage.
    You can't be serious...
    >>>Youtube channel<<<

Primobol @ ship6 (Ken)

he was turning your argument on you is all.

Don't know what he was trying to say, but this is to discuss and inform people isn't it?

I think it's important to make clear Burn and Poison damage is negligible except on some rare cases (Cater and indirectly Quartz/Banther/Banshee).
    >>>Youtube channel<<<

Primobol @ ship6 (Ken)

burn may not be great for damage but it procs on most everything, spreads and does DoT, plus it's fairly easy to get into a weapon since Vol Soul boosts affix rate so it's really quite good. Poison is the same with gwana soul, but isn't as good for minibosses. If you're not going to do one of those two then panic or mirage are probably the way to go.

Most SEs are technically worthless but for the sake of chase advance you want the most universal ones you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    burn may not be great for damage but it procs on most everything, spreads and does DoT, plus it's fairly easy to get into a weapon since Vol Soul boosts affix rate so it's really quite good. Poison is the same with gwana soul, but isn't as good for minibosses. If you're not going to do one of those two then panic or mirage are probably the way to go.

Most SEs are technically worthless but for the sake of chase advance you want the most universal ones you can get.
    If you think like that, then it all depends on the soul you're going to put in your weap. Mirage doesn't benefit from any in that case. We are left with Burn, Poison or Panic then, unless you're going to make some tanky build.
    >>>Youtube channel<<<

Primobol @ ship6 (Ken)