Page 298 of 430 FirstFirst ... 198248288295296297298299300301308348398 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 4299

You graze the hurtbox of whatever you're fighting for a good amount of damage. Try it on one of elder's arms or the back of falz arms, or decol malluda, or loser's clock. It's only good against certain enemies
    Last edited by Xaelouse; Aug 21, 2015 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    It's only good against certain enemies
    This is pretty much the point I tried to make initially, as both Falzes are decent targets for it since the way Nocturne works is that it drags you down to the first solid surface it detects. as a result if the most important spot you want to hit is high up the enemy better be very tall to make up for it(Gigur). Any weakspot that is low to the ground is where Nocturne works.(Meaning don't try it on Magatsu's knees)

Problem is most of these bosses, if not all of them, seem to be better dealt with using other PAs or even different weapons. I cited Dragon Ex and you cited Malluda. Those things die so goddamn fast to Knuckles when done right it's almost hilarious. That's why I see Nocturne as more of a PA you can use when you want to challenge yourself and forgo some safety to get a boss kill. It's not bad, it's just not better than other options.

actually nocturne does good damage but the hit box is really funny, it's like a pillar with small AoE so it's really only good against certain enemies

New to FiHu and so far all I like to do is spam and . I See a lot of people use the 7* Partizan that boost Zenith Throw damage but uh...from my POV Zenith Throw sucks. I'm almost sure im using it wrong.

Now, I know im wrong here but thats because i'm legit clueless lol. Normally I learn how to play a class from watching other people. (Not many fi videos unless its someone dropping a boss in a few seconds)

any advice? besides not playing fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Mildora View Post
    New to FiHu and so far all I like to do is spam and . I See a lot of people use the 7* Partizan that boost Zenith Throw damage but uh...from my POV Zenith Throw sucks. I'm almost sure im using it wrong.

Now, I know im wrong here but thats because i'm legit clueless lol. Normally I learn how to play a class from watching other people. (Not many fi videos unless its someone dropping a boss in a few seconds)

any advice? besides not playing fighter
    Zenith throw is a good follow up to vol graptor and is usually used in vol combos. I don't think it's used as an all purpose PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Zenith throw is a good follow up to vol graptor and is usually used in vol combos. I don't think it's used as an all purpose PA.
    Vol works like banishing arrow, correct? Is it a damage multiplier or just x2 the following PA? Also, if it does work like BA then maybe I can fit more than just Zenith throw in the combo?

Vol works like banishing arrow, correct? Is it a damage multiplier or just x2 the following PA? Also, if it does work like BA then maybe I can fit more than just Zenith throw in the combo?
    You usually can fit other PAs in yeah. Vol>Zenith>Normal is usually used for PP efficiency

Someone posted some vol combos, but I dunno how good the information in general is.

You could, but not much. Doing Sacred Skewer once will allow for a full combo, but Volg will often detonate after one Zenith Throw usage.

It takes the damage done during its temporary window and multiplies that damage by the following:

1.3x - JA'd
    1.2x - charged
    1.15x - crit strike
    1.13x - crit potential

yielding a max possible damage return of ~203% damage (example being 50k done during volg returns up to ~101k).

I'm surprised critical strike and critical potential affect it
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!