Page 46 of 430 FirstFirst ... 36434445464748495696146 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mystil View Post
    I have underestimated Brave Stance..
    brave stance is a dagger's best friend

I use both depending on the boss.

Everytime you can have the same amount of uptime behind the enemy it's best to use wise stance because it increases the damage by 24.5% more than brave.
    The same applies when the weak spot is behind.
    >>>Youtube channel<<<

Primobol @ ship6 (Ken)

I nearly have Brave Stance Up maxed, debating whether to work on Wise Stance Up next or go for S-ATK Boosts. Obviously, an SP spent on Wise Stance Up has more magnitude, but I only use Wise Stance in very few instances, mostly on Catardra'n and Catardra'nsa. So while I'd gain a significant damage boost in that situation, I would gain nothing for the entire rest of the time, plus I wouldn't have a jump on equipping new weapons. S-ATK wouldn't give me much of a damage boost, but it's debating between a small damage boost all the time or a huge damage boost for a couple of instances. I've found I can use Brave Stance 80-90% of the time and hit the weak points I need to anyway.

Wait, it's a casual game, why am I putting this much thought into it? Oh right, engineer, I'm incapable of not overthinking things >_>

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Wait, it's a casual game, why am I putting this much thought into it? Oh right, engineer, I'm incapable of not overthinking things >_>
    The game is so casual that you don't need even those stances. Why bother?
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    I nearly have Brave Stance Up maxed, debating whether to work on Wise Stance Up next or go for S-ATK Boosts. Obviously, an SP spent on Wise Stance Up has more magnitude, but I only use Wise Stance in very few instances, mostly on Catardra'n and Catardra'nsa. So while I'd gain a significant damage boost in that situation, I would gain nothing for the entire rest of the time, plus I wouldn't have a jump on equipping new weapons. S-ATK wouldn't give me much of a damage boost, but it's debating between a small damage boost all the time or a huge damage boost for a couple of instances. I've found I can use Brave Stance 80-90% of the time and hit the weak points I need to anyway.

Same here. I made some calculations in my head and concluded that big damage boost from Wise would be better than the 5~6% damage from more S-Atk Ups.

I use it against the catergrewgrygdy's, tranmizer, Vol tail and probably Quartz (still didn't fight it solo too much to be sure). And I don't know where will be the upcoming enemies'/bosses' weak spots. Just felt better knowing I could count with ~40% more damage if they happen to have a weak spot on the back.
    >>>Youtube channel<<<

Primobol @ ship6 (Ken)

Consider maxing both ups to be a priority. The stances themselves are debatable, I personally find that I'm rather lazy about hitting regular mobs the right way, but frequently use step attack-> tornado dance to reposition myself appropriately for the stance I'm using (typically brave, given how often enemies you're attacking turn to face you). In my case the penalty from higher levels is a deterrent, but the gains should offset it. I only have 4 SP to work with, so it'd be once stance to 9 and the other to 5, and I don't care enough to choose. I'll wait until the cap is raised and then bump both to 10 in one go. After that? Who knows, maybe s-atk, maybe step advance. Probably step advance, I'm not hurting for s-atk, but I'd rather not preclude weapon options later on.

So, brave stance up is a top priority against everything because everything wants to face you, and wise stance up is next for many boss weak points or breakable parts. Wise stance is also great in tundra, as noted by another player who wrote a very handy list whose name I don't recall.

Wow, you people put a lot of thoughts into it. I didn't even bother putting the stances in my action palette.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

help needed, i just started as a fighter and am hesitating with how i spend my sp (especially with stances, stances up, stances crit). and if possible i want to get both double saber and twin dagger gear

It definitely is not hard to get all the gears, as Fighter is the one class where you only have to spend three points on something relatively useless to get to the things you actually want. Gear gages are the best deal you can get for one point. Well, abilities that are marked 0/1 are the best deals you can get for one point in general.

Ignore the Criticals and consider them a last priority, as a 20% increase to a rare event probably is not worth more than the [Stat] Up abilities until said stat hits 4000-10000 (weapon and units included, of course). That is currently outside the scope of the game until level 200-ish. And by that point I would be surprised if the player complaints did not change the [Stat] Ups to multipliers so that they are always better than [Name] Critical.

Both Brave and Wise Stance are worth buying, but filling their respective Advances is worth more, since the Advance multiplier only effects the good part. Once you are done with those, you can spend any excess points in getting the Stances from 5 to 10.

Step Attack and Just Reversal are also still worth it, unless you will be crossing it with Hunter (either Hunter/Fighter or Fighter/Hunter). No need to repeat the expenditure if you already have the abilities on one.

So, for me the priority would be:

[0: Just Reversal, if not mixing with Hunter]
    1: Whatever Gear gages you want.
    2: Brave Stance Advance
    3: Wise Stance Advance
    4: Brave Stance
    5: Wise Stance
    6: Step Advance
    7: S-Atk Up 1-3
    8: Brave Critical
    9: Wise Critical
    10: S-Def Up
    11: HP Up

But building down to S-Def Up could be worth it to equip better units faster. Otherwise, this will essentially maximize your damage output aside from 0 and 6.
    Last edited by Pillan; Oct 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM.

hmm so i guess i will get both stances and stance up to 5 for now after getting both gears

and i do plan to cross with hunter but my hunter haven't add just reversal (it's still lv 3x) while i alr added step attack for fighter so i guess i'll go for just guard with hunter?

and does s-atk/s-def/hp up skill from hunter gets inherited when i pick hunter as sub?

also, since im a newman male do i max s-atk 1? currently added 5 for now cuz i heard newman male need more s-atk
    Last edited by darthvader; Oct 9, 2012 at 02:55 PM.