Page 173 of 430 FirstFirst ... 73123163170171172173174175176183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 4299

Thoughts?
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...00000Ib000000j

Also got a War Cry + NGU build made specifically with TDs in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    I would turn Half Line Boost into a unconditional boost.
    Some players might want to go for Automate Halfline on hunters skilltree to be able to play more aggressively.
    that wouldn't be halfline slayer that would be Satk UP large :P

A skill that allows Fighter to ignore immunities would be great but in that case I think the Status effects should be nerfed because every time I poison a Catedran the Poison deals more damage than me. But my weapons are crap soooo
    if you read the 3rd point again i do say that it should be a reduced effect (though i failed to mention this reduced effect should only be for monsters that are normally immune) i even gave some mock percentages and what leveling the skill would do.

And can somebody tell me why the "Crazy" skills are part of the "Wise" branch? They don't fit into the picture. What I would do is change them to shifta and deband buffing skills aka Shifta Beat and Deband Heart.
    During Shifta bear increase S-Atk by 200 on max
    During Deband Beat double PP Regen on max.
    This would not only make Adrenaline a way better pick but also made Techers and team play more beneficial AND would buff the Fi/Te combo
    fighter never seemed like a team class to me even with the adren skill, the point in being a single target DPS is generally for better boss killing potential and elite monster killing, however since fi has almost as much health as hunter it has the ability to also tank a few hits and i guess the crazy skills were meant to be a way of getting a super power boost whenever you got hit by something that inflicted status and dropped you to half or 25% health activating something akin to an ultra mode in dark souls.

i like those skills they have a nice mechanic behind them the problem is unlike in monster hunter where almost every monster can inflict a status on you (funny how they have that and yet still have items for inflicting status on yourself) in pso you could probably count the amount of status effect causing attacks and monsters on one hand.

bottom line is i don't like relying on OTHERS to give me the boosts i need i would prefer to be able to solo and still do great damage and have amazing PP regen because at the end of the day i can also do that in a team situation HOWEVER i do agree that crazy heart and crazy beat shouldn't be on that side of the tree, nor should deadline or halfline.

but the point of my post was to give sega the LAZYEST way possible to fix fi without revamping the tree.

if they were gonna revamp the tree then have brave and wise on one side with their boosts and move adren over there too, make them both lead into their own branch so it ends up something like this

Satk Up 1

Wise Advance............Adrenaline
    ....Satk up 2
    Wise Advance 2
    HP Up 1......................Wise Critical
    Chase Advance----------------------------Crazy Chase
    Chase Bind......................................Halfline Boost
    Chase Advance Plus (the prereq for this is Chase Advance.)

Wise side prereqs:

Satk up 1>wise advance = 3 points
    Satk up 1>Adrenaline = 3 points
    Wise advance>Satk up 2 = 3 points
    Wise advance>Twin Dagger gear = 3 points
    Wise advance>Knuckle gear = 3 points
    Wise advance>Double saber gear = 3 points
    Satk up 2>Wise advance 2 = 3 points
    Wise advance 2>Hp up 1 = 3 points
    Wise advance 2>Wise critical = 5 points
    Hp up 1>Chase advance = 3 points
    Chase Advance>Crazy Chase = 1 point
    Chase Advance>Chase Bind = 3 points
    Crazy Chase>Halfline boost = 3 points

the Brave side would looks something like this

Satk Up 1
    Brave Advance
    ....Satk up 3
    Brave Advance 2
    Brave Critical.....Halfline Slayer-------------------PP Slayer
    ....HP Up 2
    Deadline Slayer-----------------S Def Up
    Crazy Heart.........................Crazy Beat

Brave side prereqs:

Satk Up 1>Brave advance = 3 points
    Brave advance>Satk up 3 = 3 points
    Brave advance>Twin dagger gear = 3 points
    Brave advance>Knuckle gear = 3 points
    Brave advance>Double saber gear = 3 points
    Satk up 3>Brave advance 2 = 3 points
    Brave advance 2>Brave critical = 5 points
    Brave advance 2>Halfline slayer = 3 points
    Halfline slayer>PP slayer = 1 point
    Halfline slayer>HP up 2 = 3 points
    HP up 2>Deadline slayer = 3 points
    Deadline slayer>S def up = 3 points
    Deadline slayer>Crazy heart = 2 points
    Deadline slayer>Crazy beat = 4 points

In terms of the gears they are unlocked by collectively gathering 3 points between wise/brave Advance e.g.:
    3 in wise and 0 in brave will unlock the gears
    3 in brave and 0 in wise will also unlock them
    2 in wise and 1 in brave will still unlock the gears.

all of that is just if they decided to redo the whole tree and imo makes the most sense in terms of what each advance skill means, brave being more reckless and thus the more damage and afflictions makes you fight harder and wise is as the name suggests a bit smarter relying more on status ailments and staying behind the monsters for more damage.

the reason for the low prereq points is so people can get to the skills they want a bit easier for more divers builds as i felt that the way i had it you might as well have called brave the katana side and wise the bow side so giving low prereqs really relieves some pressure on the players in terms of builds and making the gears available to both sides is a no brainer it still pisses me off when i look at the hunter tree and see how deep and far away sword gear is from partisan and WL gears.

If you read all of that and are seeing this message. Here's the best gif ever http://community.us.playstation.com/...v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Quote Originally Posted by lugiaXD View Post
    that wouldn't be halfline slayer that would be Satk UP large :P
    I said Half line boost not half line slayer.
    Half line boost increases the probability that a status effect is going to be applied.

The problem I have with this self applying of status effects is that Status effects are annoying as F*k. Also that would mean that you cant take any friend partner with you since EVERYONE OF THEM carries Sol Atomizer. And they gonna use it and there is nothing you can do about it. But you want to collect fun points.
    Midlife Crysis.

I wouldn't change the skill tree of fighter too much I would rather focus on making choices that no one chooses more viable. No matter how many temporary S-Atk you get from the right side these temporary 55% S-Atk from the left side are better. Way better. Status effects like poison can make you flinch during you Dagger Air combo and then you fall down and you loose your Gear bonus. That's why I think Shifta and Deband bonuses would be way better than requiring Status effect on yourself.
    In Monster Hunter The Hunter doesn't flinch when he has a status effect on him. His HP/Stamina simply drains faster / recovers slower.

fighter never seemed like a team class to me
    And that should be fixed imo.
    Current team play is literally just a bunch of solo players trying to achieve the same goal.

I said Half line boost not half line slayer.
    Half line boost increases the probability that a status effect is going to be applied.
    sorry XD read that wrong

The problem I have with this self applying of status effects is that Status effects are annoying as F*k. Also that would mean that you cant take any friend partner with you since EVERYONE OF THEM carries Sol Atomizer. And they gonna use it and there is nothing you can do about it. But you want to collect fun points.
    Midlife Crysis.
    i haven't been flinched out of an air combo from burn or poison i have been from shock but that is the point of shock what burn and poison do is cause damage while they are active but they do not cause flinching during attacks.

I wouldn't change the skill tree of fighter too much I would rather focus on making choices that no one chooses more viable. No matter how many temporary S-Atk you get from the right side these temporary 55% S-Atk from the left side are better. Way better. Status effects like poison can make you flinch during you Dagger Air combo and then you fall down and you loose your Gear bonus. That's why I think Shifta and Deband bonuses would be way better than requiring Status effect on yourself.
    In Monster Hunter The Hunter doesn't flinch when he has a status effect on him. His HP/Stamina simply drains faster / recovers slower.
    And that should be fixed imo.
    Current team play is literally just a bunch of solo players trying to achieve the same goal.
    that isn't just cause of fighter that's how this game is made, in monster hunter different weapons achieve different things and hence this leads to better team play, there also isn't like 40 enemies that do boss level damage to you running around there is a single very easy goal, capture or kill the monster while breaking as many parts as possible.

when you go to hunt a quartz or something or do a TD when bosses spawn the team works way better in taking down the bosses, rangers use wb for better dps, tank hunters and showtime gunners draw it's attention so it doesn't attack the towers/walls and the others focus on putting as much damage on the monster in the fastest way. outside of that though you need to deal with mobs and that is where team play just falls apart. this isn't like WoW or FF or even LoL to an extent where roles are well defined there is no real definition of what the classes need to do when it comes to mobs outside of tank hunters and even then those are very few and far between in the midst of gunners and bravers. most classes are basically DPS and when it comes to it atm you don't need a fo or te casting shifta's and debands on you or using AoE spells because other classes do godly damage with better AoE unless you're a fighter who has no real AoE outside of meteor fist, bloody serebande and a couple of DS PAs.

compare that to monster hunter where you know that a hammer user goes for the head for knockouts blade weapons go for tails with the bigger weapons mostly aiming for higher parts and everyone knows that they need to deal damage while trying to keep them selves alive because although they have a team they don't want to rely on them for a heal and the team works best when everyone does their jobs and wastes less time on healing.
    mobs are killed mostly to restrict flinching and not because they do insane damage.

i haven't been flinched out of an air combo from burn or poison i have been from shock but that is the point of shock what burn and poison do is cause damage while they are active but they do not cause flinching during attacks.
    Shock knocks you down, burn/poison cause you to flinch from the damage they cause.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Shock knocks you down, burn/poison cause you to flinch from the damage they cause.
    Burn/Poison stagger animation does not cancel your action though, unlike shock. Playing bow Braver when you get shocked is not fun if you're not carrying Sol's with you. Can't do shit for 30s seconds.

I know poison for sure will change the direction of my deadly archers just enough to miss sometimes

Also been messing around with a critical build lately, hard to tell with it.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Actually, shock and stagger can knock you down. *looks at Soma's lighting attack*

I'd rather have some extra HP on my HU Furybot sub on all classes that sub HU than crit build for some RNG-based gains. I'd also rather blow up minibosses and the random unfortunate trash mob than put that into static point ups, so I end up with this.

Now, placing that last 3SP between:
    • Wise Stance (biggest gain in damage, but very situational, but again anything where you'd want/need Wise Stance on is probably pretty critical to have huge burst on so there's that)
    • Adrenalol (I can only really think of a situation where someone shows up a shifta on a teleporter, but only once, and they happen to have Extend Assist as a situation where this will matter)
    • Step advance so I'll occasionally not die when I'd have normally fucked up a step by a tenth of a second
    • SATK Up (ermagerd <1% boosts)

Basically having mixed thoughts between Wise Stance or 1 Adrenalol + 2 Step for marginal damage versus marginal utility. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    I'd rather have some extra HP on my HU Furybot sub on all classes that sub HU than crit build for some RNG-based gains. I'd also rather blow up minibosses and the random unfortunate trash mob than put that into static point ups, so I end up with this.

Now, placing that last 3SP between:
    • Wise Stance (biggest gain in damage, but very situational, but again anything where you'd want/need Wise Stance on is probably pretty critical to have huge burst on so there's that)
    • Adrenalol (I can only really think of a situation where someone shows up a shifta on a teleporter, but only once, and they happen to have Extend Assist as a situation where this will matter)
    • Step advance so I'll occasionally not die when I'd have normally fucked up a step by a tenth of a second
    • SATK Up (ermagerd <1% boosts)

Basically having mixed thoughts between Wise Stance or 1 Adrenalol + 2 Step for marginal damage versus marginal utility. Thoughts?
    1 SP in adrenaline is pretty cool when a force or techer is around dropping periodic buffs. I personally grab that 1 SP and leave it at that; 35 seconds per pulse means 2 for a full minute from a force or 4 for a full 2 minutes from a techer.

Honestly, if you're skipping Fury Gear entirely and maining Fighter, I'd dump some SP from either Wise Stance Up or Chase Bind and put it into Critical Strike after all.

The slightly modified build
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...00000Ib000000j

Wise Stance at 5 & 7 SP is 1.425* damage, which roughly breaks even with a 10 & 10 Brave Stance. Wise Stance sees so little use that I consider that pretty much fine. This also gives you a 27% crit rate, which is now in the territory of also being pretty okay. That's still definitely susceptible to RNG, but it'll be happening so much more often that it'll be significantly more noticeable.

What's noteworthy about Critical Strike is it works on large bosses. Until they finally fix Chase working on poisoned Quartz & Ex Dragon parts, burning BanBans, stunned Ragne, etc. this is all we get. I'm a bigger fan of chase as well, but meh. Maybe I just want to toy around with Critical Strike because it's new, and I've been sporting Chase since the very beginning.