Page 15 of 430 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565115 ... LastLast

There's just as much reason to believe either, and little to no reason to conclusively discount one or the other. It being your idea doesn't make it right by default. The skill descriptions don't really help, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    I'll do some testing on it, and I assume that spamming is probably still better on bosses, but there are certainly uses for the charged version, too.
    Using just the uncharged version is indeed a better DPS, but sometimes you just can't hit and it's better to charge it. Like when the Vol Dragon spits a fireball raising his tail on the process, I usually charge until the tail is down again to hit it.
    >>>Youtube channel<<<

Primobol @ ship6 (Ken)

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    Also, Takatsuki, while people who ask for build advice drive me slightly crazy, I regardless feel the need to tell you maxing Brave and/or Wise Stance is one hundred percent useless unless you've also maxed their equivalent Up and require yet more damage out of them; you only get 5% more damage from Wise or Brave Stance levels 6 through 10, while those same points could give massive returns from Wise/Brave Stance Up.

Wise Stance Up's scaling from 1 to 10 is the following, for example: 102%, 104%, 106%, 108%, 110% 112%, 114%, 118%, 124%, 130%.

So, the five levels wasted on Wise Stance 6-10 itself would give you 5% more damage, while further lowering your damage from the front, while those same points in Up would give you 12% more damage, and no penalty whatsoever. Brave Stance scales the exact same way, just on a slightly lower scale.

Food for thought.
    Oh? Is that so? I had no idea how it worked.
    So you're saying I should go with something like this instead?
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...2eIsNDAIbGFIbf

I'm saying you should, but as you can see, there's some debate on it.

Truthfully, I never really thought about it, and made the conclusion based on what it says rather than what it might actually mean.

Yes. Yes yes yes. Okay, disclaimer: I haven't tested beyond a few yeti butt crits with anything but a couple fists (I like to fist butts - yes I've been waiting to say that), but these few numbers are good enough for me since they line up so nicely. I may be proven wrong in the future.

Both the percentbonus*upbonus (e.g. 20%*30%=26%) AND percentbonus+upbonus (e.g. 20%+30%=50%) are wrong. It's better than both. It seems to be multiplier*multiplier, as in 1.2*1.3=1.56, which results in higher numbers than both.

Rejoice!

edit: For reference, I tested with...
    Brave Stance 5 (15%)
    Brave Stance Up 3 (6%)
    Wise Stance 5 (25%)
    Wise Stance Up 3 (6%)

I got multiple results with wise on, brave on, and both off for consistency's sake. There was no variance. All damage was on normal level yeti butts.
    Both off: 229
    Brave on: 195 (Lines up with .85x)
    Wise on: 304 (Given 229 is actually a rounded down damage value, this lines up with 1.325, and not 1.31)
    Last edited by gigawuts; Sep 16, 2012 at 08:08 PM.

Enforcer of Evil™

I don't use it uncharged because I only use it when I feel like putting some distance between me and my ennemy, and using it in a basic combo feels wasted because of the way it moves (ie : if you're too close to your ennemy, it'll spin too far). But it has a precise hitbox, so I find it great on things like Vol's tail where accidentaly hitting the tail instead of the crystal is a reality.

Nice find on the positioning rules for stances though!
    Brave stance really seem like the most straightforward way to increase overall damage.
    Hmm. I'll have to do some more Big V testing tomorrow.

Also thanks for the testing gigawuts.
    So a maxed wise stance + maxed stance up would be 169% damage?
    This is crazy. Fighter keeps getting better and better.
    PSO2 Ship 2 : オゲラウン ("ogeraun"), caseal HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU75. Have a good time.
    Also, team leader of exceRPt, the semi-RP team.

Just tested with a gunslash's ranged damage, via headshots on king yetis instead of tiny yeti butts, and it also lined up perfectly.

So, confirming the stances apply to ranged damage, so if there's no mention of techniques in the description like JA Bonus' description then it will probably apply to techs come subclass time.

That looks pretty sweet. I think we can agree it's nice to be wrong in this case.

So it would indeed be a better use of points to go 5 into the stance and 10 into the Up, assuming you don't want to max both, but with better results than expected. Based on this, Wise Stance 10 and Wise Stance Up 5 would give 143% bonus damage, while 5 and 10 would give about 162%.

I am seldomly happier to be wrong than when the numbers tell me so.

Sounds like we're both pooling into the stance ups.

edit: My new goal, with 4 SP spare to invest based on what I find myself using the most

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/fig...2ebrbGNIbGFIbf

I'm expecting to put it into wise stance, and focusing on boss backsides (tail weakpoints, etc.)

Somebody needs to solo ragne and find out which his weakpoint core counts as - front or back.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Sep 16, 2012 at 08:38 PM.

Damn skippy. Now if only I could decide whether I want Double Saber Gear now, later, or not at all, because it's driving me nuts. I'd love to just go all out in the lefthand tree and forget about it altogether, but I don't know what I'm losing as a result.

I don't suppose one of you with the gear feels like making a video to show the rest of us what its deal is.