Page 18 of 430 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jakosifer View Post
    I haven't gotten around to recording its crowd utility due to recording issues. But here's a Mizer fight with it + Wise Stance.

PSO2 TrannyMizer Duel (Normal-Fighter/Double Wabers) - YouTube

It's pretty much damage damage damage, if you're going to use Double Wabers for more than D'Archer I highly suggest getting it. I don't really show Whirlwind too much in my Vadah solo until the core, but its definitely worth getting for bosses. And invaluable in mob situations.
    Trick track in mines <3

I do that too sometimes, and the original mines music fits nicely too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dycize View Post
    Ok!
    Finally did my tests with the Big V.
    My personal theory proved true.

I used Wise Stance to note the increase/decrease in numbers. I didn't take any solid numbers, but the damage variation was enough when it was boosted and when it was not.
    I used a charged Deadly Archer to test my numbers (multiple damage numbers with overall few variation).

So, the thing is : Front or Back is dependent on the core's position's.
    Using D-Archer, I tested the side turrets : first the ones where I was obviously in front, then the ones where I could put myself behind the core's position (vertically, around the same level as the flamethrowers) and saw a notable increase in damage with Wise Stance.
    Then I tried the Core's side turrets, again with D-Archer : dealt less damage in front than when spaced in the core's back.
    And finally, tested the missile launchers/flamethrowers : when the core was busy fighting NPCs/doing nothing on its starting position (missile launchers behind it), Wise Stance increased damage. When the Core eventually turned towards me, damage decreased.

And that's what I got from my observations, solving the Big V mystery.

To put it simply : mobs have a front/back detection area, if you are in the front area (ie : in front of them), you will deal front damage (as proved by the D-Archering Tranmizer's weak point), if you are in the back area, you will deal back damage (as proven by my experiment).
    Where the attack hits is irrelevant, the only thing that matter being the player's and the monster's position.
    Someone should make a list as to what counts as front or back, maybe another topic?

I would like to note my previous comment, ragne's weakspot counts as both front or back, depending how close you are to the weak spot from what I tested. If you are a tad bit further back, near his center, it seems to have counted as the rear, so wise stance would work. But if using daggers and staying close to the weak spot, brave stance was taking effect. If someone wishes to confirm please do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    "Alva".
    Yeah, it's not the best as has been previously noted, but the new Photon Art names are correctly translated and that's all we care about for now, so using it is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal255 View Post
    Someone should make a list as to what counts as front or back, maybe another topic?
    Wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by Dycize View Post
    Where the attack hits is irrelevant, the only thing that matter being the player's and the monster's position.
    Am I missing something? Doesn't this mean that parts don't have a "front" or "back" classification and it simply depends on your position relative to the enemy? If you hit a part while in front of the enemy you get a damage boost from Brave stance, if you hit the same part while behind the enemy you get a damage boost from Wise stance.

Enforcer of Evil™

It works exactly like that. Someone else, Geistritter I think, use that trick to inflict bonus damage with Brave Stance on Tranmizer's weakpoint by standing in front of it and using Deadly Archer to hit the weakpoint.

My tests allowed me to verify how it works on Big V and make a definite proof of this theory.
    PSO2 Ship 2 : オゲラウン ("ogeraun"), caseal HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU75. Have a good time.
    Also, team leader of exceRPt, the semi-RP team.

I can confirm deadly archer gets brave stance damage bonus on back hitboxes by standing in front.

I really didn't think it would work like this, figured they'd just say X hitbox is back, Y hitbox is front, but no they really did set it up based on your location. I'm happy about that.

What's a good PA setup for daggers? I can't decide myself, and I'm usually pretty good at finding "flowing" combos. I'm willing to try out anyone else's suggestions Thank you!

EDIT: Also, how does one get the most efficiency out of Dagger Gear? I can't figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    EDIT: Also, how does one get the most efficiency out of Dagger Gear? I can't figure it out.
    By staying in the air? Sounds like a stupid reply, but it actually meant what it said by Twin Daggers being an aerial-dominating weapon.

Shoot Polka + Normal attacks practically give you the ability to ignore Ragne's legs and mash him into nothing by aiming its core right off the bat.

*Edit*
    Not sure about setups, but in general people have agreed that Raising/Raging Waltz is the most important Twin Dagger PA. Haven't really tested it extensively yet, but I think Raging Walter > JA'd normal attack > Wild Rhapsody might work. Or just simply Shoot Polka x 3.
    Last edited by AutoTranslator; Sep 17, 2012 at 10:02 PM.

"Competitive by default, humble as deception, crafty in nature."

Raging Waltz + anything, really. I'm starting to like Wild Rhapsody and Shoot Polka to keep myself in the air. Symphonic Drive is also really strong.

And thanks to everyone doing research on the Stances, that's actually how I thought they would work. I need to start giving those a chance I guess.

And is there really any reason to charge Deadly Archer? It's my favorite DS PA, but I just don't see anything about the charged version that's worth charging it for.

Not very many practical uses for Charged D'Arch, no.
    UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT! D<

Quote Originally Posted by AutoTranslator View Post
    By staying in the air? Sounds like a stupid reply, but it actually meant what it said by Twin Daggers being an aerial-dominating weapon.

Shoot Polka + Normal attacks practically give you the ability to ignore Ragne's legs and mash him into nothing by aiming its core right off the bat.

*Edit*
    Not sure about setups, but in general people have agreed that Raising/Raging Waltz is the most important Twin Dagger PA. Haven't really tested it extensively yet, but I think Raging Walter > JA'd normal attack > Wild Rhapsody might work. Or just simply Shoot Polka x 3.
    Not sure the names of the PAs, since I don't use the EN patch, but I'll try those once I look up the names.

As for Raging Waltz, I dunno...that PA always seemed useless to me. Any examples on "how" to use it?

Also, I know 'staying in the air' is what you're supposed to do. But, it just doesn't really "work", I guess. At least not for me. It seems like staying airborne is really difficult when fighting most monsters. Maybe it's my PA choice, which I'll be trying to switch up with any suggestions I get.