Page 104 of 430 FirstFirst ... 45494101102103104105106107114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 4299

TBA could be wider AOE (do want...but even I fear how OP zondeel would get), it could be some kind of amplification to what you cast, who knows. (edit: best possible effect is players buffed during TB can leave the AOE and get the full duration buff)

Fury Stance Combo I'm expecting to combo with probably fury cry. Maybe a bonus to atk, or a near complete removal of the sdef penalty. Combos tend to suggest two things working at once. While I'd really love some bonuses for inter-class stuff, I think hunter is the LAST class that needs a skill it can't even use on its own.

And PP Slayer... I really have no freaking idea. My first thought was some kind of bonus to PP usage or recovery, but that's not right. As said it doesn't mention halfline or deadline, which would be the buzzwords for 50% and 25%. So it's more likely to be related to the slayer part, giving some bonus atk for something to do with PP. I really do not want +100 ATK scaled with how little PP I have, or something equally stupid. But who knows, maybe it'll grab a bunch of PP when you kill something. This is terrible design because melee's PP issues are with sustained combat, typically in boss fights which you know only die once in the entire fight and then you don't need PP anymore but hey. In light of that flaw, maybe you recover PP for damage dealt with melee PA's. Now THAT sounds nice.

I really, really, really want there to be a JA PP Cost skill. -20% or -10 PP for all JA'd melee PA's. Make it happen pls Sega. I'd prefer it go to hunter but I won't be picky if it goes to fighter.

TBA could be as bad as some extra T-Atk while it's active, or be as good as 5m long buffs over a wide area. I'd rather support effects like duration per tick/total be modified by a different skill than tied to TB, but we'll see what happens.

A "combo" could be successive hits, though it would make more sense to call it Fury Stance Chain in that case. Like bonus damage based on total hits to a target or successful JA timing in a row (with Fury Stance).

And after your post, I'm wondering about how useful a bonus S/R-Atk equal to your missing PP would be. Like you spec for 150 max PP, and your last PA will get +150 S-Atk. Though how the skill would scale, I have no idea, since even that's fairly minor other than at near depletion of a large PP pool.

Since I hate static atk bonuses (rightfully so), let's imagine the skill is useful. Each consumed PP = 1% bonus to your attack.

If you have 120 PP and you do 4 deadly archers in a row, they do 1.3x damage, 1.6x damage, 1.9x damage, and 2.2x damage respectively.

And for 150 pp, well...

Only then will this skill be good.

So what is the best status to use for Chase Advance?

Mirage or Panic?

The general consensus is shock & poison for trash mobs, but bosses and minibosses are something else.

Bosses can't have a real SE. Even when banthers are blatantly on fire, they're not technically inflicted with an SE so you don't get any bonuses.

For minibosses panic, mirage, and burn should cover most things.

Refer here for a full list (google translate may be necessary): http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%8...8C%96#o1bae552

Does shock and poison have higher chance to proc?
    >>>Youtube channel<<<

Primobol @ ship6 (Ken)

I don't know about base chances, but I know about durations and enemy resistances. On that same page, higher up... http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%8...8C%96#r1ec9bf1

Burn lasts 20-28 seconds, but poison is always 30. Mirage actually lasts LESS time with higher affix levels, from 20-18 (and lower), but shock lasts 30-44. Freeze is 7-11, but should never be used for chase because it can shatter with every single hit (it is actually good with double saber gear, but won't really benefit you much for chase). Panic is 30-35 seconds, and VERY handy when it works because panicked enemies will attack the nearest target regardless of hate levels on players or other enemies.

I'm not sure if bind alone counts for a status effect, and want to test that later. Stun was modified to count at some point, I believe. The next time I find hunar I should test if injury counts, lol. I tested jellen on elder falz and had no damage gains, but I should test on other things too since full bosses may be an exception.

All that said, while I don't know if shock and poison have better base rates, I believe nothing resists shock. While darkers resist poison because they're of a dark element, the only things that would resist shock due to having a lightning element are actually WEAK to it - machines.

Combine that with endgame darkers being weak to lightning, and how generally useful shock is due to its knockdown and alleged 50% attack animation failure rate on enemies, plus how long it lasts, and you have a great SE to go with chase.

edit: Burn spreads, by the way, I should have mentioned that. This might make it amazing for chase, but I haven't tried it so can't say either way.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Since I hate static atk bonuses (rightfully so), let's imagine the skill is useful. Each consumed PP = 1% bonus to your attack.

If you have 120 PP and you do 4 deadly archers in a row, they do 1.3x damage, 1.6x damage, 1.9x damage, and 2.2x damage respectively.

And for 150 pp, well...

Only then will this skill be good.
    That would be kind of ridiculous seeing as it would never get below 120%

It would for people who don't have 120 PP.

But that's the point I'm making. Either it'll be like that, or a fucking joke like +1 atk per PP.

Ok I checked, and the cheapest melee PA is 26 PP. Unless it was based on your lost PP before starting the PA, Flash Thousand and Over End would get 140% minimum, regardless of your max PP.

So with just this one skill, if it grants +1% for each PP away from your max, you'd get 126-250% damage (or more with over 150 max PP).

That would actually be a pretty interesting game of boosted regular hits to regain just enough PP to unleash a super powerful PA, and it would always be active with a bit of a warm up period starting from full PP. And then melee wouldn't really mind that they have no PP regen skill.

Something like +0.1% per PP per SP invested, though I could see how it could be cut in half or just be a static stat gain knowing Sega.