Page 333 of 430 FirstFirst ... 233283323330331332333334335336343383 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 4299

i'd like to add that i personally don't really mind what kind of fighter you play, i had lb in my subpalette for a half a year and didn't use it cause i fail at gitgud, but i'd assume you can fairly objectively argue about how the class is "intended" to be played out and in this case is most efficient as well.

The fighter tree is super crammed, so you can't get all of it, but technically the tree could give you 650 flat satk (without strike up) and every single point of it gets boosted by LB which end up in a big boost. Obviously when you have higher damage, PP regen gets more valueable as well, it scales all into each other giving you this super crisp burst.

Also with better gear, multipliers gain more weight than flat bonuses, so there is that. Yes flat satk from the tree does that as well, but as i said we want to spend SP to get the biggest multipliers and aside from stances, PP regen is also somewhat of a "multiplier" cause it allows you to use PA's where you would use LMB. (yeah i know i pulled that out of my ass)

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    75 S-atk does not add up, over the burst damage that LB provides. I feel like maybe you're missing the point of Fighter, which is a high risk high reward playstyle. Limit Break follows that to a T. If you can survive during Limit Break, you gonna dish out massive amounts of burst. That being said, LB should only be used for bossing. If you're using it on mobs, you're doing it wrong. Is your +75 S-atk (something you can get by affixing!) really gonna be that much of a difference? No. As for Crazy Heart, again, that's focused on your LB status. You WANT to put as much damage out as possible, preferably only having to use one LB, and killing whatever it is in that time frame. Again, this is specifically for Limit Break, not for general mobbing. If you're having issues mobbing, you need to:

• Check your equipment.
    • Check your party/MPA (if applicable)
    • Check yourself.

That's it, really. You're correct that LB should not be used 100% of the time; that's not its purpose. Fighter is already perfectly capable of mobbing, maybe not at the rate of a RaFoie FO, but it can still do that just fine.
    You seem to be under the impression that I don't use limit break.

And check yourself? Rofl.

Again, you guys have a difference of 25 satk more with limit break active vs me having 75 satk more without it active... I think most of you are missing that core concept. If there's anything I'm sacrificing, it's that pp Regen that I seemingly don't need as much?

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Macmaxi View Post
    i dont know if people really realize how extreme the difference between 75satk and 200% pp regen is and considering crazy beat is a 100 satk flat at 50% lb uptime (yes its not practical)

in any case, by activating limit break you commit to hitting more often in the next few seconds, so having more pp regen is a bigger damage increase than you would think. activating limit break without crazy heart is kinda pointless cause you going to run dry in a few seconds and spend precious time attacking.

here is a fun calculation for you:

i use orbit, crazy heart and tech arts pp save, everything maxed, at lets say 200 PP, i have less but it's reachable.

I start my combo with Flicker Jab and then use BHS for tech arts, continuing to alternate between Flicker and BHS and fill will the 3rd LMB.

200 PP - 16 = 184

every other combo costs 30 + 12 = 42.
    every 3rd lmb regs 32 pp.

every combo costs me 10 PP from here on.

I can use 11 Flickers and 10 BHS before i run out of PP. Let's use frame data real quick to determine how long that is.

startup: lmb (g1) lmb (g2) flicker (g3) = 24 + 27 + 40 = 91

10 X 24 (LMB 3) = 240
    10 X 40 (flicker) = 400
    10 X 48 (BHS) = 480

1211 or 20 seconds and 11 frames. Still 10 seconds left to do some damage. Fighter is about cramming as much damage possible into a short time span, that way they even out-damage Force, although they are still limited by being melee and all. Not saying how you should play fighter, just saying how you can play fighter and how i consider it to be the most efficient (even if most dangerous way) to play.
    Thank you very much for the combos Or more like the tips on using 3rd normal attack
    Just got Orbit Knuckle yesterday (thanks to recruitment group), finished grinding and affixing a few hours earlier (30 mins before Despair, I think) .... and I happened to see this combo, and putting it into practice right away A bit of risk of course, usually only played Fi-main for variation after Gu (which takes up around 90% ~ 95% of the time, the rest is divided between other classes combinations)

Spoiler!

Using this tree. Pardon the S-AtkUp on Hu-main, I mostly used Fi as variation, so I need to catch up the power needed Only have +120 on Orbit, and +110 on units (every other resources mostly went to Gu ). Don't have other ☆13 for Fi's weapon, so I only took Knuckle gear (TD also hard to use in TPS mode )

As for SP ..... not gonna ..... comment much Preferred HP and focus on PP recovery due to .... safety reasons.

Thanks to the tips too .....
    Hitting Vibras's horn core earlier is nice too (count a little bit as aerial battle, no?) I can do
    SlideUpper (full charge, jump before release) - FlashThousand - normal - SlideUpper (full charge, jump before release) - FlashThousand - normal - repeat until PP is depleted. And it last quite long (until I ran out of PP. Got it back with a few normals due to low PP though )

Used Pendulum - Flash - normal - Pendulum - Flash - normal on Malluda earlier, due BHS need a slight jump so it can hit the body core(?) .... it also last quite long before I need to refill

Made me got 破壊王 (King of Destruction?) twice on TD3 earlier too, thanks to the tips
    It fixed my PP problems too

Thank you again XD
    Last edited by final_attack; Feb 2, 2016 at 05:22 AM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal255 View Post
    You seem to be under the impression that I don't use limit break.

And check yourself? Rofl.

Again, you guys have a difference of 25 satk more with limit break active vs me having 75 satk more without it active... I think most of you are missing that core concept. If there's anything I'm sacrificing, it's that pp Regen that I seemingly don't need as much?
    That 75 S-Atk costs 10SP and +100 S-Atk under LB costs only 4 SP.

So you sacrifice 100 Conditional for 39 Constant S-Atk and NOT 75.

Crazy beat doesnt even matter, it just flatout wins in terms of sp efficiency and is an easier comparison due to being an satk boost.

If you say that you don't need PP that is fine, but under lb (and in general) you always want to use PA's so having more PP allows you to simply do more damage, there is no circumstance where anything in the fi tree which gives a bigger boost in lb than crazy heart.

It's like a force skipping pp convert and everyone would probably go haywire if they heard that.

But hey if you feel like using lmb more, be my guest. In that case it might be worth looking into attack advance as well.

You guys are arguing a difference in 25 s-atk, and you arent succeeding in doing so. As far as 200% pp regen, how much pp do you even have to *need* that in the 10 seconds you got to do burst damage? Even with my lv3 pot double cannon I rarely never run into issues with pp, and having that regen isnt going to do you any good when you're TAJA-spamming.

Also, using LB in solo XQ will get you killed on almost any wave with more than 1 enemy, considering each enemy hits for like 500.

And no, I'm never effected by any other status effect. If ever, it lasts about 4 seconds (cuz someone always heals it -_-), or its so intrusive (shock) that you need to get rid of it anyway.
    Actually, they are doing a good job in proving it. You're just displaying a poor show of comprehension. What's the point in relying on on burden of proof when you refuse to understand it?

Even with my lv3 pot double cannon I rarely never run into issues with pp, and having that regen isnt going to do you any good when you're TAJA-spamming.
    anyway.
    This so much. I spend 95% of my playtime in the lobby with full PP and some Fighter guy is trying to coax me into buying 200% regen skill that will be active for max 2.5% of my playtime. It's even worse than falling for the PP Slayer skill. Meanwhile 75 more satk will serve me really well. It's active 100% of the time and I can easily boost it with team tree or shifta drink everywhere I want.
    Last edited by vantpers; Feb 2, 2016 at 09:26 AM.

Even in the lobby you don't get to actually utilize that constant 75 S-atk as you're dealing no damage! :- )

I find it fascinating though, it's not like you have to put 5 points into Crazy Heart in the first place. Put 1 point into it for 150% and be done with it. That one point and the third normal attack from a DS can easily restore your PP even further, meaning you don't have to put that many points into TAJA PP Save. Remember, it is a 150% to both natural PP regen and from attacking.
    Whether I'm spamming one PA(hello BHS) or using TAJA depending on what I'm up against, this build gets everything done well enough. http://pso2skillsimulator.com/simula...KF.7Zb.93j.4*0

Since Eternal doesn't use Knuckles based on 2 builds that were posted, well, that would mean others that use everything are a bit more SP starved. I'm personally left with 7 PP after what I deem to be good bangs for my bucks so that would be a 41+ S-atk constant vs a 101 S-atk conditional into Deadline Slayer. A full 5 points into TAJA PP Save isn't that great for players that spam one PA sometimes, which may or may not be better than mixing up your PAs all of the time regardless of the skills you have.

Play however you want, I'm not going to convince someone that has completely made up their mind already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Even in the lobby you don't get to actually utilize that constant 75 S-atk as you're dealing no damage! :- )
    What? Lobby aesthetics aren't a thing now? I hope you guys aren't idling with less than 4k attack.

Quote Originally Posted by gabor100 View Post
    That 75 S-Atk costs 10SP and +100 S-Atk under LB costs only 4 SP.

So you sacrifice 100 Conditional for 39 Constant S-Atk and NOT 75.
    Where are you getting 39 from?

Quote Originally Posted by Rendezvous View Post
    Actually, they are doing a good job in proving it. You're just displaying a poor show of comprehension. What's the point in relying on on burden of proof when you refuse to understand it?
    Uhhh... no. DPS says otherwise.
    Last edited by Eternal255; Feb 2, 2016 at 12:38 PM.