Page 12 of 430 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262112 ... LastLast
    Enforcer of Evil™

Double Sabers have a large range and the gear increases damage a lot, so it's normal to think that they do a lot of damage. Knuckles have a much lower range, but they hit hard enough to keep up. Plus, knuckle gear makes them faster, which is a direct increase in dps (also, it seem like the attacks have some more special effects that may increase range with gear).

My main problem with Twin Dagger is that as much as they want me to stay in the air, ennemies don't always go there, for some reason or another. Symphonic Drive can be rather screwy by the way, it either knocks ennemies towards you (perfect to keep on comboing), away from you (perfect for uh, cursing at the ennemy) or no effect at all. Gear increases PA damage (it probably adds some cool visual effects too), how much? I don't know, but if it's anything like WL gear, the increase should be significative.
    On the plus side, it's the sole Fighter weapon with proper vertical range.

EDIT : Wise stance gives 130% damage from the back (80% from the front) at level 10. Wise stance up gives +30% damage from the back. If you want to increase only one, Wise stance up seem like the way to go, as you get a total increase of 30%, whereas wise stance starts at 115% (95% from the back) and overall only gets a 15% increase overall (you could even count a decrease with the front damage debuff getting stronger).
    Wise stance 5 + up 10 = 85% from the front, 155% from the back.
    Last edited by Dycize; Sep 16, 2012 at 09:51 AM.
    PSO2 Ship 2 : オゲラウン ("ogeraun"), caseal HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU75. Have a good time.
    Also, team leader of exceRPt, the semi-RP team.

Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    So would you guys say it's safe to put more points into S-ATK Up 1 for now?
    Do you need the atk to equip weapons? Like, are you a HUnewearl without a decent striking mag?

If atk reqs aren't a big deal (Which with the current prices they shouldn't be anyway, those rares are still stupidly expensive), I'd just sit on that SP. Don't spend it yet. Wait until subclasses are released.

Me, I'm probably doing the stances to 10.

I'm a bit irked that they "fixed" my tucana's PB damage, so I may do up a new mag with a proper amount of s-def on it for units because like hell am I wasting SP in the prereqs for s-def up.

edit: And have we crit tested how the stance ups work? I'm not dropping SP on builds that I think work one way that turn out to work another way.

Finally Fighter class unlocked this morning, it took me 4 days and got 6 levels on my Hunter.
    Played a bit and i think it's one of the most enjoying class to play, maybe because with twin daggers i feel like a ninja jumping around.

For a build, i don't really know atm, i think i'll go with something like this, unless someone finds a better one.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...2ebrbkfbGKIOId

last 6 points, 3 in S-ATK Up and 3 in HP Up, can be moved around i think i'll see how much S-ATK i'll have at level 40 and then decide how to put those "extra" points, since i'm a newman i'll probably be short on S-ATK at cap.

I'm afraid I'll have to buy a 2nd tree for Fighter too, because I'll probably screw the first one testing. My main concern now is if it's possible to play "optimally" with only 1 stance. I can bear braking the Vol Dragon's tail with the stance deactivated, but I'm not sure how the other weak points work and all the other bosses too.

Also, switching stances all the time probably isn't a good way to play. It must be better to force your playstyle to be at the right side unless the weakpoint you're targetting really doesn't have the side you want (like someone said the caterdran's tail is always "back").

Besides that I'm quite sure any "stance up" point spent gives more overall DPS than s-atk up. So, it seems they are the extra points dump (after you maxed the "stance up").
    >>>Youtube channel<<<

Primobol @ ship6 (Ken)

Quote Originally Posted by PepperCat View Post
    I'm liking where this thread is going, as far as DPS goes I'm PERSONALLY finding that Double Saber does the most damage... but thats just me.
    I'm starting to think that too. The Deadly Archer damage is just TOO high for a fast PA. It's reasonable because of its lack of precision on mobs, but there is no way to miss it on bosses. And the double saber's PP regen is higher too so you can spam that PA all the time. And there's still the gear... Haha someone said it ticks for 100% atk damage at lvl 3 right? o.o

But I still need to test more and get better with daggers. I wanna see what the "fangs" will do against a homing missile around their heads.
    >>>Youtube channel<<<

Primobol @ ship6 (Ken)

Green Coloured Reflection LinkKD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PepperCat View Post
    I'm liking where this thread is going, as far as DPS goes I'm PERSONALLY finding that Double Saber does the most damage... but thats just me.

As fun as daggers are, I feel that the animation is too large and swings are too wide. Like somehow I'm missing hitting stuff because of all of the motion. Also, I feel that there isn't enough damage caused by daggers to justify using SP on them.

The same for knuckles in regards to damage, also they are the slowest of the 3.

So I guess I'm putting all my points into the Double Saber tree for now, my only question is:

Pump "Wise Attack" or "Wise Attack UP"?

Thanks.

*edit: NubDance for life! XD *
    I'd boost Wise Attack UP

When I started fighter I also felt like daggers/fists felt underpowered close to doublesabers, but after I got more PAs on daggers and the gear, I proved myself wrong.

It's like some people said on the topic already...daggers are great for most bosses, having Raging Waltz as a homing attack helps a lot, and keeping yourself in the air isn't that hard. I usually have my PAs as Raging Waltz > Shooting Polka > Wild Rhapsody swaping Raging Waltz with the grab one for some mobs.

I haven't tested anything specific, but I think twin daggers gear give a very relevant dps boost to it. after I got it, I felt like monsters were dying a lot faster (as long as I could attack them on the air ofc)

Twin Daggers gear charges up everytime you "ascend", this "ascend" could be many things: jumping, shift action, any PA that makes you ascend. It's like sword/fist gear on the sense that it doesn't get "used up", once it's filled it stays full no matter how much PAs you use...unless you hit the ground. So basically, getting it to full is pretty fast and easy, but if you hit the ground it resets...so what you want is to stay airbone as much as possible to don't have to fill the gear again.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Selnia View Post
    Finally Fighter class unlocked this morning, it took me 4 days and got 6 levels on my Hunter.
    Played a bit and i think it's one of the most enjoying class to play, maybe because with twin daggers i feel like a ninja jumping around.

For a build, i don't really know atm, i think i'll go with something like this, unless someone finds a better one.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...2ebrbkfbGKIOId

last 6 points, 3 in S-ATK Up and 3 in HP Up, can be moved around i think i'll see how much S-ATK i'll have at level 40 and then decide how to put those "extra" points, since i'm a newman i'll probably be short on S-ATK at cap.
    I wouldn't put 3 poitns in S-atk 3 while you didn't even max S-atk 1 yet. Those stat boosters boost the stats more the higher lv they are...so you only want to put points on a second one of the same type if you already maxed the first.

like...S-atk up 1 gives +3 from lv0 to lv1, but gives +10 from lv9 to lv10

I also wouldn't max wise stance unless you really want to base yourself on it...since Lvling up the stances themselves makes the penalization of the opposite kind of attack higher (on wise stance, the higher the lv, the less damage you do on the front of enemies)

Now about my builds...I thought up two builds, a hybrid one and a full twin dagger user one...

Hybrid one: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...I2ebsOxfbwSIOf

Twin Dagger one: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...!IOI2ebsOGQcB6

The dagger one has the knuckle gear because it's on the way...and I think it's very worth for just one point usage, mostly for those COs that I have to use knuckles and also to "run around" with it's step attack.

those 3 points on brave critical are completely spare points I had no idea what to do with...everyone says the fury critical and this critical isn't worth it...but I never tested myself, so it gets me a little curious as how it works.

my big dilenma about the dagger build is...would I get more overall efficiency with daggers if I had wise stance too? or would the 50 s-atk I get by not putting anything on wise stance make up for the damage im losing on monsters' back?...

gah <O>

And ah, btw...it would be nice if all players who got Fighter to lv40 could be kind enough to post here their base stats (without any unit/weapon/mag and discounting points from the skill tree) and their race/gender, so we could start on making a chart on Fighter's base stats.
    Last edited by LinkKD; Sep 16, 2012 at 03:25 PM.

How to enjoy MMOs: Less Numbers, More People

Link KD @Deviantart / @Youtube / MY YOUMU VIDEO, WATCH IT !1!

Double saber with its gear is devastating, and I'm 99% positive the whirlwind feeds into replenishing the gear bar.

It's fantastic. It'd be like if using a gear bonused PA fed into the gear bar you just used (Which I kind of always thought they should have, albeit at a reduced rate).

Anyway, since it seems we know the fighter stances bonus damage and not atk we should be able to do some pretty plain crit testing without even needing the enemy's def stat. Bigger damage is better for accounting for rounding, so a high damage PA is ideal. I might try it on caterdran later, he's got a wonderful and blatantly obvious back-side weak point, with that crystal of his.

What I'm most curious about isn't whether the stance ups add or multiply, I want to know if they also apply to the penalty.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Sep 16, 2012 at 03:27 PM.

Enforcer of Evil™

I can confirm this. Every gear tick, at level 3 when activated, deals damage equal to a normal attack (so 100%). It feels like every level = 33% of your base damage, but even a level 1 whirlwind already deals lots of damage. And yes, it also replenishes the gear bar!

They are an all around great weapon. I like to put Tornado Dance as my first PA, so I can whirlwind > Tornado Dance and crush mobs mercilessly. Even works on bosses.

Also, Wise Stance eats Tranmizer for breakfast. His weakpoint that he exposes when he cools down counts as a back point.

Did some tests on Big V's turrets and all : I did less damage with Wise Stance active, so they probably count as front points (Brave Stancers are going to love that fight). Oh and, with Rising Waltz, you can get to his cluster missile launchers (the ones next to the head), it requires to target his exposed weakpoint though, but at least it'll get that out of your way.

And I've looked at Wise Stance Up's description : it specify that it gives a damage boost when attacking from the back with Wise Stance active, so it doesn't apply to the front, sadly (would be so awesome if it did, increased damage in all circumstances? yes please).
    PSO2 Ship 2 : オゲラウン ("ogeraun"), caseal HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU75. Have a good time.

I'll be going with this build. I find myself more behind enemies with Deadly Archer'ing their asses and the damage up is bigger for wise stance than it is for brave stance. I'm aiming more for compensating the lack of weak spots on the backs than aiming for stuff with weak spots on the backs.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Enforcer of Evil™

Well that's a solid and generalistic build, a good melee mag to back it and it's almost perfect. Almost because if I were you, I'd rather increase Brave Stance Up than Brave Stance. Well, still no word on how the stance up affect damage exactly, but it gives a bigger bonus (30%) than Brave Stance (20%).