Page 60 of 430 FirstFirst ... 10505758596061626370110160 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal255 View Post
    is that the dagger one from burn duraal? dun have that one yet, whats it do?

also, whats everyone's opinion on using SP for HP up bonuses?

its either that or crit im looking at right now with my last 9 points... but im building a bit more dex so i dont think ill need crit
    I'm in a similar boat. I'm going to save them or go for chase bind, even if it's just 1 point. Fighter weapons hit a lot of times, and the binds will add up quick if your weapons inflict status effects. I imagine binding the enemies in ruins will be especially useful.

Hi i think i messed up mi hunter build so i need a little bit of help im going Fi-Hu this is my build i need some tips for the skill points left http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...b00000ib00000f
    Last edited by RikardStark; Nov 3, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakosifer View Post
    Actually similar to my own build, cept I have Wise Up maxed out, Fist Gear instead of Dagger Gear, and put the two remaining towards Step Advance. I would go for the Wise Up to max if I were you. That leaves what, two more points that go to something that won't give a substantial boost, though. The critical skills have never been worth much, from what I know.
    I never use wise stance so leveling that up any further is out of the question. I have 9 extra points, however.

I could do 5 in chase whatever and 4 in chase bind, but my weapon has no effect ( i could put poison on it i suppose). But i personally feel like those skills are useless...

wtf does the "Bind" effect do anyway, and what does puttin multiple points into chase bind do?

Bind seems to essentially be freeze. Today I finally get to give it a whirl, since until today I've been 1 fang banther or 1 level away from putting a single SP into the skill. Then, suddenly, -2.4m TNL. Hooray!

I'll let you guys know the exact details of it. I'll be testing with a handful of effects to see what how they behave with it, if DOT still dings for damage etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Bind seems to essentially be freeze. Today I finally get to give it a whirl, since until today I've been 1 fang banther or 1 level away from putting a single SP into the skill. Then, suddenly, -2.4m TNL. Hooray!

I'll let you guys know the exact details of it. I'll be testing with a handful of effects to see what how they behave with it, if DOT still dings for damage etc.
    nice lol. yeah they finally reduce the occurrence rate of the fucking trick or treat, meaning more banther EMQ... but they also cut the required banthers, so im done with it anyway haha... i was level 47, i wonder what ill be now. prob really close to 50 if not there yet.

I am a bit confused and hate to be a broken record. But i hear things about Chase Advance and Chase bind not being very useful for say bosses and whatnot. I would love a little clarification on how often statuses will be applied on normal mobs or bosses.

Usually normal mobs get destroyed fast in bigger groups so I guess it would be more useful for bosses but I am confused on its effectiveness. Can someone make a suggestion on whether to put SP into chase as a dagger build?

Here is my current build with: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...0000000000000f

I've been thinking about a Deadline/Halfline Slayer Tank with maxed Iron Will. With the damage boost from Slayer passives and a maxed Brave Stance, I think a tank could do reasonable damage with relatively little risk, even at 25% HP.

Oh, I 've heard that Flash Guard increases your stats by a percentage. If this is the case, in the future I can see Guard stance being left unmaxed in favor of FG 1 and 2.

What do you guys think?

Iron will at max is only a 75% chance, so.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%8...82%BF%E3%83%BC

edit: It looks like flash guard is a flat reduction to damage taken by certain types of attacks, 20% or 30%, but only at a chance of triggering the reduction for each hit. At max it's 100% chance of reducing damage taken. That's kind of decent, I guess, but...not really.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Nov 15, 2012 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Iron will at max is only a 75% chance, so.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%8...82%BF%E3%83%BC

edit: It looks like flash guard is a flat reduction to damage taken by certain types of attacks, 20% or 30%, but only at a chance of triggering the reduction for each hit. At max it's 100% chance of reducing damage taken. That's kind of decent, I guess, but...not really.
    Ah okay, thanks for this. Seems I was missing some key info.

Chase bind is basically to stop movement. It works up to medium sized bosses (Guwana, yes Ive landed CB on it).

It does not mean that the enemy will stop attacking though. Therefore, leap attacks will still happen.

Dots like poison and burn will still tick when Chase bind is triggered.

Freeze is totally bad for it (breaks on contact) and Chase advance (additional dmg while under condition) will therefore not kick in.

For total lockdown, use Mirage or Shock affixes on weapons to enhance Chase bind. Mirage to lower attack accuracy, Shock to occasionaly knock enemy down (will also interrupt their attack).

If you want to fully utilise Chase advance's addtional damage bonus, use status affixes that last longer like eg. Poison (30 secs), Panic (30-35 secs) or Shock (30-44 secs).

For status reference:
    http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%8...A4%89%E5%8C%96