Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Whats happening o.e?

Im going to keep this as short as possible, I could talk for days about this. This has been worrying me for a few years now.. I have gotten no "correct" answers so Im reaching out to you and just maybe you can bring me some peace and ease my mind at the least..

For awhile now i've been feeling pain, in my chest area. Not muscle pain (although i feel that right now, my arms are sore after the gym ><) its like a sharp pain, which is close enough to my "heart area" to scare the crap out of me. So i went to the doctor, mutliple times mind you. The majority of what they said was it was either due to stress or maybe something to due with my arteries. So i took a stress test which showed that my arteries are perfectly normal and there is nothing wrong with anything else in my body. Ok, I was done worrying, I found my answer now I can relax not to feel it again. Least I wish that was right, I felt it again a month later and from then on its been coming and going whenever it wants to. It pops up to scare the shit out of me and then leaves again.

To top it all off, from the (very) limited information i have about this, the elderly normally have problems like this, not a teenager. Im completly confused and I dont know who to ask or what to do. Im not sure if im making a big deal out of nothing (although i certainly felt something just an hour or two ago, and it hurt pretty bad) or should I be this..paranoid.

Has anyone my age ever experienced something like this?
    Or know something about this in general.

To be blunt, im extremely scared. Doctors aren't giving me the right answers clearly.. I just want some advice.

Im sorry if this topic is rather ..unorganized but im kind of just spilling out thoughts from my head onto my keyboard and into here..
    I also dont like giving info about my personal life, but I've been here for 2 years going on 3 now and I know there are some nice people here who can give me some advice.

Thanks for reading this, even if you decide not to respond.

Not getting good answers from doctors? Find new doctors. And then more new doctors if they don't help either.

It can take a depressingly long time to find a competent, or coincidentally informed doctor. If you're certain this is real, don't listen when people tell you "oh it's all in your imagination~" I've been told plenty of things were in my imagination that wound up being very real when I found a doctor that wasn't an idiot.

Ah, sounds a bit like what I go through on an almost-daily basis. Now, for you, if may be something entirely different. But, for me, it's because of my heavily irregular heartbeat and the complications that arise with the particular kind that I have.

As for the 'elderly/teenager' part, these kinds of things develop early sometimes due to mental/emotional stress and other outside stimuli such as that. I'm 22, but I 'have the heart of a 40-something-year-old', which mostly stemmed from bullying, parent's divorce, etc.

Anyway, I'd start with these simple questions for you: Do you have an irregular heartbeat? Does your heart have (sometimes) painful skips throughout the day? Does your chest feel like it's being crushed (or, like a cramping feeling)? These are the things I have, so I'm just trying to measure if that's what's going on here with you.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Not getting good answers from doctors? Find new doctors. And then more new doctors if they don't help either.

It can take a depressingly long time to find a competent, or coincidentally informed doctor. If you're certain this is real, don't listen when people tell you "oh it's all in your imagination~" I've been told plenty of things were in my imagination that wound up being very real when I found a doctor that wasn't an idiot.
    Thanks, I'll do just that!
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Ah, sounds a bit like what I go through on an almost-daily basis. Now, for you, if may be something entirely different. But, for me, it's because of my heavily irregular heartbeat and the complications that arise with the particular kind that I have.

As for the 'elderly/teenager' part, these kinds of things develop early sometimes due to mental/emotional stress and other outside stimuli such as that. I'm 22, but I 'have the heart of a 40-something-year-old', which mostly stemmed from bullying, parent's divorce, etc.

Anyway, I'd start with these simple questions for you: Do you have an irregular heartbeat? Does your heart have (sometimes) painful skips throughout the day? Does your chest feel like it's being crushed (or, like a cramping feeling)? These are the things I have, so I'm just trying to measure if that's what's going on here with you.
    I have an innocent heart murmur if that counts. The pain never feels directly at my heart, just near it. My chest never feels cramped or crushed either.
    I didnt know stress was such a big deal like this though.. My life isnt easy but its not like "Im gonna rip my hair out" kind of stress. If this is caused by stress, then why didnt it go away? Last time it happened, I was just reading a book and i was completely calm then out of nowhere i feel the sharp pain.

On a side note thank you both so much for helping, it really means a lot to me.
    As for anyone else reading this, I'd love to hear your feedback.
    Last edited by DayDreamer; Sep 3, 2012 at 06:47 PM.

I guess seeing another doctor is the best thing you can do. Something like this can be caused by a great number of things - lack of exercise, unhealthy diet (and/or lack of vitamins), improper clothing in cold climates, alien fetus inside of you, stress (both physical and mental) and even imagination, as unlikely as it may sound. Eliminating them all shouldn't hurt, but finding a good doctor is still important, just to make sure it isn't a medical case, which are rather hard to diagnose online by people who don't know shit about medicine. Of course, some doctors may just tell you what you want to hear in order to get money (or to get you to shut up), so don't go nuts chasing imaginary illnesses, either.

Is it when you inhale? If so I've had that problem every now and then when I was in my late teens/early 20's. I would inhale and I would feel some tightness near the heart. Very rare that it happens now. My doctor said it was fairly common..no clue what the cause is. but as long as it isn't happening like everyday I wouldn't be worried. I'm no doctor, though. This is just my experience.

Been having that problem myself for a couple of years now. I'm suspected to have an enlarged heart and legitimately thought I was going to die a couple of years ago, but, a good exercise routine and better dieting have put me in better shape now. I know there's still that chance of a sudden heart attack or something, but I try not to dwell on it.

I can only echo what has been said in this thread--try different doctors until you find one that can give you some kind of diagnosis. And above all, try not to worry. There's no reason any of us can't die in a car wreck tomorrow, so there's no sense in worrying constantly about some chronic condition.

Quote Originally Posted by DayDreamer View Post
    Thanks, I'll do just that!

I have an innocent heart murmur if that counts. The pain never feels directly at my heart, just near it. My chest never feels cramped or crushed either.
    I didnt know stress was such a big deal like this though.. My life isnt easy but its not like "Im gonna rip my hair out" kind of stress. If this is caused by stress, then why didnt it go away? Last time it happened, I was just reading a book and i was completely calm then out of nowhere i feel the sharp pain.

On a side note thank you both so much for helping, it really means a lot to me.
    As for anyone else reading this, I'd love to hear your feedback.
    I'm more than happy to help. Health problems can be the absolute worst. Stay strong brotha.

Thank you all so much<3
    You've given me the little hope I needed to move forward xD

I just started going to the gym so hopefully that helps a bit. I'll try not to worry so much because like most of you said, no point in it. Hell that could be whats the matter, the minds a powerful thing.

Its just nice to know im not the only teen experiencing this stuff. No one else talks about it so I honestly believed i was the only one.

what kind of things do you eat when you have these issues?
    I've had that happen to me on rare occasions mainly because of what i had ate gave me indigestion and heart burns.

If the pains are frequent with eating certain items, that could also be put to consideration.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."