Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Game Guard Crash, is there a solution?

My game constantly crashes from what I believe is the GameGuard Crash. I think this issue started to occur on the 4th, when GameGuard was supposedly updated. the game doesn't have a specific point at which it likes to crash it can happen anywhere it's usually a matter of time sometime I can play for hours and other times only minutes, one time it even crashed on startup.

I've tried sandboxie already, but I could not get past the login because of an error that would terminate the program.

Someone said that they "picked up the latest GameGuard update" and it no longer happens. Where did you find it. I assumed that GameGuard updated along with PSO2.

Quote Originally Posted by Meena09 View Post
    My game constantly crashes from what I believe is the GameGuard Crash. I think this issue started to occur on the 4th, when GameGuard was supposedly updated. the game doesn't have a specific point at which it likes to crash it can happen anywhere it's usually a matter of time sometime I can play for hours and other times only minutes, one time it even crashed on startup.

I've tried sandboxie already, but I could not get past the login because of an error that would terminate the program.

Someone said that they "picked up the latest GameGuard update" and it no longer happens. Where did you find it. I assumed that GameGuard updated along with PSO2.
    i dont have any issues

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8169566/pso2%20snaps/GG.zip

my gameguard files.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

No that didn't work the game still locks up from time to time i didn't even test to see if it would blue screen but from what i did test i'm pretty sure it can.

thanks for the effort though.

would it help if i said i was using avast antivirus?

i think MegaZoneExe has the same problem i'm having I wonder if his reinstall fixed anything
    Last edited by Meena09; Sep 7, 2012 at 11:38 AM.

This is more of a problem with GG itself. There is nothing you can do on your end.

What you should do is write an email to SEGA explaining the problems you are getting and attach the .erl files in the GameGuard directory. The email will have to be in Japanese so get help if you can't write it yourself.

The address you have to send it to is in http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=321.

I haven't played the game in a few days since my birthday but when I try to start it up and such, I get passed the 'sega' animation part but then my client freezes and so does my laptop lol.

Damn you Gameguard
    PSO2 -Ship 02
    ジュード - Fighter/Hunter Dewman - 65 / 51
    Lyr - Summoner/Bouncer Newman 38/18 [PS4]

So.. do i have to play the waiting game or is this PSOver

Waiting game probably. Too many people getting this for Sega to ignore it.

-sobs-
    PSO2 -Ship 02
    ジュード - Fighter/Hunter Dewman - 65 / 51
    Lyr - Summoner/Bouncer Newman 38/18 [PS4]

ok everyone posting the issue should also post system specs and antivirus "or any other suspicious program" so we can narrow down the cause.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

RAM: 4GB
    Card: Intel HD graphics
    Security: Avast anitvirus

Intel HD graphics (yes the one that had that two year old driver problem).
    Avast Antivirus would sometimes generate error 434 when attempting to update.