Threaded View

Default Phantasy Star Generation 1 Translation Completed!

Linked here on PSCave. I've made a video showcasing a brief segment of gameplay ! I've got some technical issues getting it working on my actual PS2 console (damn disc swapping didn't work) due to region locking, so I should be able to upload another vid in a few days.
    PS Generation 1 is a remake of the PS1 game and SO fantastic! It has recently been translated into English (finally!) and is SO fantastic for fans of the PS series!

The translator is apparently working alone, so if any of you with lots of Japanese knowledge wanna help em with translating the scripts, I'm sure they'd appreciate it!
    They could use the help for the Phantasy Star Generation 2 translation, especially needing artists (replacing some artwork) and script translators! Remember the Nei!

Also, for those who just want to play the original Phantasy Star games with a bit of something new, there are plenty of patches available that make the games harder, rebalance them, add new things, and even (new) Music! I played the PS1 'retranslation' from SMSPower! and it is FANTASTIC!

Go on YouTube and (on the Japanese version of the console only) and it is vastly superior! The patch lets you change between both versions for either nostalgia or enhanced sound!

PSCave has tons of other info as well for those into the original series.
    I do recommend buying this bundle (its $7.50!) for those who are squeamish about the legalities of patching and such.
    Last edited by darkwraith007; Sep 8, 2012 at 01:28 AM.
    Game: Phantasy Star Online 2 (JP servers)
    Ship: 02
    Account: Will_Smith
    Character: Rei (07H/08R/09F)
    -LF more English-speaking friends
    -R.I.P. @ SEGA NA