Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Quatre52 View Post
    Some people are never happy....
    It was a legitimate complaint. People don't "have" to be thankful. I just don't plan on using this service.

Quote Originally Posted by Quatre52 View Post
    Some people are never happy....

You realize they could simply not give the option at all, leave them where they are. Be thankful theres an ability to change ships coming...
    I strongly disagree with your "be happy with what you get" response. You're dismissing legitimate concerns by throwing them into the same group as "greedy whining". It's not the same thing.

The option to transfer doesn't affect me at all. I'm not complaining on my behalf. The only reason they're offering the transfer is because so many people are unhappy about how they were forced onto other servers against their will. I don't think it's fair to charge them money to rectify a problem that SEGA forced them to have, and that others were simply lucky to avoid.

If I was in SEGA's position, I wouldn't have forced people onto other servers to begin with, because I've seen the exact same situation occur before in many other games. If I did force them, I'd take responsibility for it and offer a free transfer to those people. It would definitely please them and regain their trust. Is this not a reasonable course of action?

I'm willing to bet that Valve would do the same thing I described, because they understand how to keep customers happy. They've stated in interviews that they end up making a lot more money in the long run by extending offers and discounts to their customers. Would it really hurt SEGA to give a single free transfer to each displaced individual? I think not.

Edit: The fact that they didn't even consider that anyone would ever want to transfer ships (despite virtually every other game having that service), proves that they dropped the ball. Had the service been available from the beginning, they could have let people make free ship transfers to balance the servers out. Locking people to one character in total compounded that problem. If it's a mistake on their part, they shouldn't be charging customers to fix it.

Sure, they could just not offer the transfer service at all... and end up alienating their customers even further. Have you seen the Japanese reviews the game is getting? Alienating their customers even further is the last thing they'd want to do at this point.

Edit2: One more thing... it sounds like you believe that "customers/consumers should shut up and appreciate that any service is offered to them". Is that how you do business? They're trying to SELL us their service. It's in their best interests to maintain a healthy relationship with their customers. Without their customers, they have nothing and their business would go belly up. It's a two way thing. It doesn't work if one side ignores the other. That's why they're giving us the chance to voice our concerns via their player surveys. If they saw things your way, they'd just tell us to shut up and enjoy the game how they intended it. But they don't do that, because their customers would vanish pretty quick if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyData View Post
    It was a legitimate complaint. People don't "have" to be thankful. I just don't plan on using this service.
    Thanks for helping to point that out.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Sep 9, 2012 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I think because people were forced to choose a ship due to overpopulation and SEGA blocking new creations, SEGA should give 1 free move to everyone who created a character during that time.

It's not really fair that they were forced to be separate from their friends and now have to pay to get back with them.
    Honestly makes me wonder if they thought ahead and did it this way on purpose.
    Interesting idea, and it makes sense.
    As it should only apply to act made during the server lock down.
    I'll write it into the blog, ad we'll see if Sakai respond to it.
    Other people should also write it to Sakai in his blog.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Interesting idea, and it makes sense.
    As it should only apply to act made during the server lock down.
    I'll write it into the blog, ad we'll see if Sakai respond to it.
    Other people should also write it to Sakai in his blog.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I strongly disagree with your "be happy with what you get" response. You're dismissing legitimate concerns by throwing them into the same group as "greedy whining". It's not the same thing.

The option to transfer doesn't affect me at all. I'm not complaining on my behalf. The only reason they're offering the transfer is because so many people are unhappy about how they were forced onto other servers against their will. I don't think it's fair to charge them money to rectify a problem that SEGA forced them to have, and that others were simply lucky to avoid.

If I was in SEGA's position, I wouldn't have forced people onto other servers to begin with, because I've seen the exact same situation occur before in many other games. If I did force them, I'd take responsibility for it and offer a free transfer to those people. It would definitely please them and regain their trust. Is this not a reasonable course of action?

I'm willing to bet that Valve would do the same thing I described, because they understand how to keep customers happy. They've stated in interviews that they end up making a lot more money in the long run by extending offers and discounts to their customers. Would it really hurt SEGA to give a single free transfer to each displaced individual? I think not.

Edit: The fact that they didn't even consider that anyone would ever want to transfer ships (despite virtually every other game having that service), proves that they dropped the ball. Had the service been available from the beginning, they could have let people make free ship transfers to balance the servers out. Locking people to one character in total compounded that problem. If it's a mistake on their part, they shouldn't be charging customers to fix it.

Sure, they could just not offer the transfer service at all... and end up alienating their customers even further. Have you seen the Japanese reviews the game is getting? Alienating their customers even further is the last thing they'd want to do at this point.

Edit2: One more thing... it sounds like you believe that "customers/consumers should shut up and appreciate that any service is offered to them". Is that how you do business? They're trying to SELL us their service. It's in their best interests to maintain a healthy relationship with their customers. Without their customers, they have nothing and their business would go belly up. It's a two way thing. It doesn't work if one side ignores the other. That's why they're giving us the chance to voice our concerns via their player surveys. If they saw things your way, they'd just tell us to shut up and enjoy the game how they intended it. But they don't do that, because their customers would vanish pretty quick if they did.

Thanks for helping to point that out.
    I agree there. Atm i dont plan on jumping ship because i already have alot of active friends and idc too much about meeting new people or "joining the community". But I would like to at least be able to go to another ship i was locked out of at least once without having to pay to check it out.

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.