Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm bored and I love MAG advice, so here I go~
    Quote Originally Posted by popshot132 View Post
    i want to be able to do high damage but not die easily so be a little bit tanky but not
    Well, that explained a whole lot of ideas. Let's try using this build as an example. I don't play Hunter so there might be better options for you. But for the sake of showing you the process, I'll be using this one. All 3 Gears will let you get the most of whichever weapons you choose. S-ATK Up 1 (Rank 10) will give +50 S-ATK. S-DEF Up 1 (Rank 6) will give +23 S-DEF. JA Bonus 1 will give a little extra damage. You should be Just Attacking all the time anyway, so this is a 7% damage boost. Everything else is just requirements.

so i do less damage and i wud like to be able use the best hunter gear and weps
    Well, you won't do any less damage unless you actually use Guard Stance. Conversely, you won't be as durable if you use Fury Stance. You have all the Gears, though. If you want to drop Wired Lance Gear, you'll be able to drop Fury Stance as a whole and add that wherever you'd like.

Again, just using this as an example.

With that build you'll still need 48 S-ATK and.. 48 S-DEF to equip the best in slot for Hunters. Much more managable to have 96 Striking on a MAG than 169! Also means you can toss some Ability onto your MAG, or more Atk/Def as you see fit.

Now, straight striking leads to a Delphinus whose Mag Attack harms more than it helps. If you're new to MAG raising, just grin and bare it. If you're more experienced, I'd check to see what the other options are when you avoid evoltuion. That much I'm not going into here.

and wen im feed my mag striking weps how i stop dex going up or shud i not worry about that
    Feeding the MAG a 4* Room Item (can buy them cheap from the NPC, I believe) will lower Ability and S-DEF by 10 points each (+4 to S-ATK). 3 of these will lower Ability to 0. You may want some Ability on your MAG though, so figure out how much you want before you give up those free levels.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

sorry but wat was that build u linked i cud not use t ass my pc broke and i had to stop playing and now the link is broke
    sorry for the trouble