Page 101 of 199 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1985

i dont believe you unless you've tested it yourself.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Alisha I really don't care what you believe, you've repeatedly made posts doubting proven things and ask for advice you immediately turn around on as soon as you get a good answer. If you want this shit tested go do it yourself, I've done more than my share of testing and if you want to know how something works you can look it up on your own for once.

I've seen elemental affinities tested. They give an additional percentage of the weapon's listed Atk. Only that added portion is modified by the target's elemental weakness, and further with Element Weak Hit.

So if your weapon has 700 Atk, a 50 element gives a bonus 350 Atk. 350/5 = 70 base damage, multiplied by any offensive multiplier you would normally have, along with elemental weaknesses and such.

For techs, your entire T-Atk from all sources gets multiplied by the target's elemental weakness and EWH. Though I'm fairly certain techs don't actually get the elemental affinity bonus on the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    i dont believe you unless you've tested it yourself.
    SERIOUSLY?!

Go look up the damned damage formula and stop arguing with everything.

Giga hit it on the head.

dude shut up. the reason i didnt believe is because the wording of the ability on the skill tree made it sound to me like it "SHOULD" work like brave/wise stance. if you meet condition X increase damage by X%.

look the reality is that i desperately wanted techer to be like something that it's finally become clear to me it's not(the fomarl class from pso,or even like arcane warrior from dragon age) so because i hate black mage type classes i'm stuck with the prospect of playing 3 weapon specialized hunters and/or fighters. and furthermore since i hate using OP things deadly archer is out of the question. it's clear to me it's the pso2 incarnation of blade destruction.

sig by gama

You refuse to believe the truth, rejecting the reality that you feel has wronged you. What you need is to accept the world for what it is before you can hope to change it. I only want what is best for you, after all.

And that is how the skill works. You hit an enemy with the appropriate elemental damage, that damage gets boosted. The main bulk of a melee attack is always non-elemental, however, and cannot gain the bonus from EWH.

I think avoiding the "best" because of some sort of moral aversion isn't healthy. One thing will always be better than some others, that is the natural order of things. I don't see how dismissing them helps anyone.

I laugh when people say they want to avoid OP skills.

The class is balanced specifically around having certain abilities. Not opting to use deadly archer on a weak point, or sonic arrow/over end on groups, is the same thing as opting to not use a hammer to pound in a nail because that's too easy and common. You have these tools for a fucking reason.

ok i wouldnt be averse to using deadly archer on say falz hands but i wouldnt be like some people that i see using it on every damn trash mob. also if i were to make 3 different hu type characters i wouldnt want them all maining the same weapon type. variety is the spice of life after all.

sig by gama

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    You refuse to believe the truth, rejecting the reality that you feel has wronged you. What you need is to accept the world for what it is before you can hope to change it. I only want what is best for you, after all.
    Sounds like you ripped that straight out of the script of FF13

As for OP skills, It's like playing GU and refusing to use Elder Rebellion.
    Yeah I'm sure you'll be a unique little snowflake by refusing to use it on trash mobs, but will you be doing more damage than someone who is? Not likely :/
    | Dextro | Ship 10 | Legion |

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    ok i wouldnt be averse to using deadly archer on say falz hands but i wouldnt be like some people that i see using it on every damn trash mob. also if i were to make 3 different hu type characters i wouldnt want them all maining the same weapon type. variety is the spice of life after all.
    Why the hell would you make three melee characters in the first place?