Page 11 of 199 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyData View Post
    yes, Things never attack me while they all have mirage debuff so it isn't that big of a deal being in melee range with low defense.
    I don't think you know what mirage does...

Did you even test Shifta Advance? It gives you very little t.ATK, like, about 5 points at your level.

Wind Mastery level 10 is equivalent to Tech Charge Advance x2, so you're the same as Force in that department (except, you know, Force gets applied to all elements and not just one).

Shifta Critical is nice, though unnecessary if you get a rare weapon (yay hidden ability mod).

Wand Gear is wand gear. Already covered that so many times.

Thank you for proving you don't know what you're talking about. Force will do more damage than you even with that build. I mean, I don't want to be mean, but please don't tell me I'm wrong when you obviously didn't even take any time to run the numbers.
    Last edited by Crevox; Sep 15, 2012 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    I don't think you know what mirage does...
    Pretty much decreases aggro. I don't seem to ever get focused or attacked when they have the debuff on them.

Did you even test Shifta Advance? It gives you very little t.ATK, like, about 5 points at your level.
    While it is not a huge buff at this level it will be more so in the future and the points are better allocated there than going halfway into the other side of the tree with techs that I wont be using.

Wind Mastery level 10 is equivalent to Tech Charge Advance x2, so you're the same as Force in that department (except, you know, Force gets applied to all elements and not just one).
    Doesn't make any difference if you are only using wind techs.

Shifta Critical is nice, though unnecessary if you get a rare weapon (yay hidden ability mod).
    Rare weapons gives 1.25 times dexterity which in know way negates the need for this stat. With an increase of 20% critical chance it will be far superior than simply having a rare weapon.

Wand Gear is wand gear. Already covered that so many times.
    Wand gear is absolutely amazing and I can see you aren't utilizing techer to their abilities and are instead trying to play it as a force.

Thank you for proving you don't know what you're talking about. Force will do more damage than you even with that build. I mean, I don't want to be mean, but please don't tell me I'm wrong when you obviously didn't even take any time to run the numbers.
    Thank you for proving you are incredibly immature and don't understand the first thing about class differences and specialization. Seriously, stop playing techer if you think it sucks so much.

Sorry if I interrupt your argument, but...

Why do people expect Techer to deal more, or the same damage than a force? Techer is the supportive class of the game, and the fact that most people here are DPS-tards that only care about dealing T3H NUM84RZ makes me believe that the ones who have no fuclking idea of what you're talking about, and how RPGs work, are you.

If you're so dissapointed about your NUM84RZ5 as Techer, you should just go back to Force and be happy with it, that's the idea, dude. I doubt you're being forced to play Techer with a gun pointed at your forehead. You know, I tested Techer and I didn't like it, so I went back to Force and enjoying all the new techs and their NUM84RZ5. Can't you do the same or is your duty to whine about this?
    Last edited by Darki; Sep 15, 2012 at 03:10 AM.

force is better support class ....

Maybe in performance, but not in numbers, which is what most people here care about.

And I don't really see why. Yeah, you cast Shifta much faster and I guess you heal more with Tech Charge Advance and stuff like that, but techer Supportive skills are obviously better, even if they still need some bump.
    Last edited by Darki; Sep 15, 2012 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    Maybe in performance, but not in numbers, which is what most people here care about.

And I don't really see why. Yeah, you cast Shifta much faster and I guess you heal more with Tech Charge Advance and stuff like that, but techer Supportive skills are obviously better, even if they still need some bump.
    I am pretty sure this is what they are trying to say... atleast from my viewpoint

Yes, techer was designed to be supportive or atleast you could go that route, but the problem is that the current techer is not "bumped" enough to compete with a force even in the support category

Their argument seems to be that techer is just out performed in every way by the force

Personally I think techer needs to be bumped up a bit to really make it efficient, but ehh it is fun to play
    Last edited by moeri; Sep 15, 2012 at 03:27 AM.

The only thing i have to add to this is don't be so quick to dismiss Mirage.
    It does the job Techer is there to do - support.
    It helps them in their stance on the front-lines and helps others too; it's also pretty funny when a mirage'd Sinow or El Arda dash-attacks you and misses. Plus it turns Rockbears into the Incredible Hulk

But yeah, Mirage is definitely a useful status effect because - unlike the other effects - it actually actively cripples the enemies.
    | Dextro | Ship 10 | Legion |

Mirage might be useful but the status chance boosters are useless. Maxed, it adds 10% of what the tech has already chance to apply the status, so if it's 20%, it will be 22%. No matter how you look at it, it's 10 SP down the drain.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Do we think Shifta Critical will be able to stack with criticals from other classes? Like if a Hunter has invested 10 SP into Fury Critical, and a Techer has invested 10SP into Shifta Critical, would the percentage of landing a critical hit for the Hunter be raised to 30%? Would anyone be willing to test that?

Pretty much decreases aggro. I don't seem to ever get focused or attacked when they have the debuff on them.
    It causes monsters to sometimes miss with their attacks.

While it is not a huge buff at this level it will be more so in the future and the points are better allocated there than going halfway into the other side of the tree with techs that I wont be using.
    Actually, no. It will go from +5atk to +10atk at maximum. See, I did testing, I see you're just guessing.

Doesn't make any difference if you are only using wind techs.
    This is incredibly limiting and a huge crippling blow to yourself, and yet STILL doesn't change the fact that you will have less t.ATK than Force.

Rare weapons gives 1.25 times dexterity which in know way negates the need for this stat. With an increase of 20% critical chance it will be far superior than simply having a rare weapon.
    Dexterity, as you call it, increases your minimum damage - decreasing the variance in your damage output. This means critical hits, which are your maximum damage, are not that big of a deal. When you're hitting with a variance of 1-1000, crits are great (1000 damage) but if you hit from 950-1000 crits aren't a big deal.

Wand gear is absolutely amazing and I can see you aren't utilizing techer to their abilities and are instead trying to play it as a force.
    Wand gear forces you to melee with a wand. Meleeing with a wand reduces PP generation (you could be attacking with a faster weapon like a Rod, Gunslash, or Talis), and in turn, reduces the amount of technic casts you can perform. The amount of damage granted through wand gear does not compensate for the lack of the ability to cast more technics, regardless of you being a techer. It's nifty at least.

Thank you for proving you are incredibly immature and don't understand the first thing about class differences and specialization. Seriously, stop playing techer if you think it sucks so much.
    I'm trying to find a reason it's good, and so far, there is nothing. It will be a subclass to Force so I have to level it. Again, more ignorance, as I've already stated a lot of this in the thread, you just simply chose to ignore it and think your build was superior (lolno).

Why do people expect Techer to deal more, or the same damage than a force? Techer is the supportive class of the game, and the fact that most people here are DPS-tards that only care about dealing T3H NUM84RZ makes me believe that the ones who have no fuclking idea of what you're talking about, and how RPGs work, are you.
    I don't expect it to. I specifically stated many times it does less and it SHOULD do less. However, this person stated that their techer does more damage than their force, so I had to prove to him and myself that it wasn't true (spoiler: it wasn't true).

It's just that the supportive aspect of this class is borderline useless. +20% to heal, but you have a lot less tech attack as a techer, both because of your class stats and the wand. In the end, you're not healing for much more at all, at the cost of losing everything else that is good about Force. Shifta advance/deband advance will give you +10 to atk/def at most (with 10 skill points in each mind you) and shifta critical/deband cut are OK, but even still not that great. There is no buff duration increase, and they are only useful if you can maintain the buffs the entire fight (and still costs 20 skill points, yay).

Support class is great and all, but this is a failure at a support class.

But yeah, Mirage is definitely a useful status effect because - unlike the other effects - it actually actively cripples the enemies.
    Yeah, Mirage is good, though I haven't honestly noticed its effect yet. It beats panic at the very least.

Do we think Shifta Critical will be able to stack with criticals from other classes? Like if a Hunter has invested 10 SP into Fury Critical, and a Techer has invested 10SP into Shifta Critical, would the percentage of landing a critical hit for the Hunter be raised to 30%? Would anyone be willing to test that?
    That's a pretty difficult thing to test, but would be useful to know.

Mirage might be useful but the status chance boosters are useless. Maxed, it adds 10% of what the tech has already chance to apply the status, so if it's 20%, it will be 22%. No matter how you look at it, it's 10 SP down the drain.
    Dang, I didn't even know this. This only makes Techer worse.
    Last edited by Crevox; Sep 15, 2012 at 04:08 AM.