Page 51 of 199 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101151 ... LastLast

I wouldn't know, as I never use Sazonde or Razonde. But I'll give them a looksie when I log on today.

What're people using the extra +5SP from the level 45 CO on?

Wonder what they're changing on Techer too. I always thought it didn't really need a buff of any kind. Depending on what they do, it looks like I'll need another skill tree..

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I wouldn't know, as I never use Sazonde or Razonde. But I'll give them a looksie when I log on today.
    If you have the room to spare on your palette, razonde has been given new life with zondeel. Razonde's issue was its limited range, or needing to waste the time to throw a card above enemies every five castings. With zondeel you bring enemies to you, and I think it hits harder than zonde.

If you don't have room for it, zondeel->zonde is still a powerful combo, more powerful than zondeel->gizonde for sure due to zonde's AOE (which many people apparently didn't know about until recently).

Ugh. Now only to find a rare trannymizer and obtain a zondeel. :I

Zondeel is a magnificent standalone tech if it can really bring enemies towards you. I've yet to seen it in person but I'm hyped for it now. *-*

It's a sazan that emenates from the caster, lasts longer, has a wider radius, and doesn't do damage until a lightning tech connects with it somehow. It's an excellent way to corral enemies together, even if you don't plan on hurting them. I have yet to test it on an umbra that's halfway in a wall, which would be a handy use heh.

An interesting behavior of it is just like zonde, and I think this is new too, if multiple hitboxes are in the attack's range it typically will connect with the weak point first. So with a whole load of dagans in the exact same spot, most will be hit in their weak points. Same for bosses and other enemies like the wonda twins.

I couldn't find it in the thread, but does anyone have the level differences for territory burst? I'm thinking of getting it to help support during boss fights, but I'd like to know what the most efficient use of my points would be.
    Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...qjcFI2asbs0008

This is a build i'm making for a TE main with the FO, HU, and FI classes as subs in mind.

I haven't unlocked Techer yet, so if there's any advice I could be given on how to make my ideals more idealistic to the class please share.

TE/FO: As i've played through FO, i've found that my style of play for it would be classifie as "wrong". I'm usually much more in the face of the enemy using AoE's, Just Attacking and using Just Attack Normal Techs, or gathering enemies with sazan to do both and keep things flinched. As is, I stay way to close for a FO, but I enjoy it and think a TE would fit my style alot more. As that is, i'm going to stick to my roots and use it just like that. But, i'm concerned on if I should attempt to go more into the Fire Tree or Lightning Tree. When I get both Tech Charge advances, it's a debate on making my spells more versatile, or being really good at fire. The Lightning tree gives some fairly good bonuses to how I play already though, i'm just not that sure on Normal Tech Advance. It won't make to much of a difference from what I see, but I haven't seen anyone give a solid answer as to why not if you actually use them during a melee + magic assault. If I do go that route and skip Normal though, i'll have 5 points to spend on...something.

TE/HU: This build was made more as a survivalist that buffs debands to make other in the front line more tanky. There will be one day, where i'm going to want to be very tanky for a boss. It may not be now, it may not be next year, but i'm hoping that it will come. After looking over things, Techer's seem to have the least to lose from becoming extremely tanky. we have access to 10% damage reduction already if your willing to keep yourself buffed and another possible 40% S-atk/r-atk reduction and 30% T-atk reduction with all flashes maxed for 100% proc. And that's if they only stack as an additive. However, I can't really prove that this will work, as I can't find much information on flash Guards 1/2 and Flash Tech 1. If they do stack and they work as a constant reduction maxed without Guard Stance, I could see it being invaluable for being able to survive, damage, and buff while being in the fray. Even if it needed Guard Stance to activate, it'd be a great benefit either way.

TE/FI: I'm still debating on what to do with this. I keep hearing that Brave and Wise stance work and don't work with Tech and range attacks. It's different from person to person and I honestly can't find who's right. If I can use them with Techs, this is more likely going to be my subclass for damage. Switching between both will be fine for me but the second problem is Chase Advance and Bind. Chase Advance by itself seems like a great skill. The only problem being status effects. I'm not to sure if our spells passive status effect chance stacks with weapon status's or if they're separate and you need to hit the target with your weapon. I remedied this with Poison Ignition for poison but it's hard to tell if it'll be able to get everything I want for it done. Even maxed it'd still be rather iffy, for a skill i've never seen. But, hopefully they do stack or the double hit on Wands causes the status to proc twice.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Am I wrong in thinking Element Weak Hit maxed is another 20% boost to all Techs, like having both Tech Charge Advances, as long as I'm using the correct element on an enemy?

Would like to know before I throw points in there, I get a feeling it's a weaker boost than I imagine it to be.
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

Quote Originally Posted by Gen2000 View Post
    Am I wrong in thinking Element Weak Hit maxed is another 20% boost to all Techs, like having both Tech Charge Advances, as long as I'm using the correct element on an enemy?

Would like to know before I throw points in there, I get a feeling it's a weaker boost than I imagine it to be.
    This is correct. Also note this boosts the damage of Wand Gear.

As an aside, I have a question because my memory is foggy. Are these bonuses additive or multiplicative? I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    This is correct. Also note this boosts the damage of Wand Gear.

As an aside, I have a question because my memory is foggy. Are these bonuses additive or multiplicative? I forgot.
    After some testing with other similar skills I've determined they're multiplicative, but would appreciate it if someone would do testing with a build involving every skill for force.

Keep in mind, it's 1.x*1.x, not 0.x*1.x as has been previously suggested. This may mean the status effect chance skills are also 1.x*1.x, and not 0.x*1.x