Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Chain Trigger for Gunner?

Firstly, let me say how happy I am to have PSO-W back! Now let's get down to business!

I'm thoroughly enjoying Gunner. I don't really see a lot of people playing the class, and I can understand why. But honestly, I don't see the harm in testing out the highest capabilities of the fighting style~ So for those of you that have more developed Gunners (I'm only level 14), my biggest question for you is:

Is Chain Trigger worth it?

I put only two dots in it to get a feel for it before I decided on if it was worth putting more points into it. I haven't gone any further into either sides of the tree so far. Personally, I don't really know what to think of it since I don't really know how useful it is at higher levels. I've ran into a few level 25+ Gunners but they were either afk or we were in the middle of an Emergency Mission. Anywho, just looking for some advice on Chain Trigger and anything about Gunner. The more I've played the class, I feel like I might be better off going for the left side of the tree. But I'd still like to hear some other opinions. c:

I do 4-6k dmg (depending on the boss) with my PA when the count hits to around 40-50. I'd say it's worth it.
    But that's just me.

very worth, especialy if you in 12/12 MP and a boss fell down on ya... as long you can maintain lock-on and keep hit the chain trigger spot, all other ppl who also whack that place gonna increase the count. and more count = more damage...
    chain trigger is new way of WB!!! *has been kicked to sky*

now only question i have...since it related so i guess not oot... chain finish? how to use it?
    Ship 2 / Invite ID : 10385482 / Courina

Pretty much what Coatl said, though it helps if there's someone playing RA to use WB for an even faster kill.

As for chain finish, it will use your PA to end it.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

so uh... shoot chain trigger > do some count > PA for finisher?

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Yeah, I've been wondering about that Chain Finish too. So far my understanding of Chain Trigger is that you just use regular attacks on the locked-on point. Then you use a Photon Art [I'm guessing any PA will do?] to "finish".

Also, how many points do you think would be fine with CT? I have two in so far for a 140sec cooldown. Should I shoot for a lower cooldown? Was thinking of just leaving it at 3 points then go on further into the tree. c:

Without Chain Finish
    Chain trigger> do some count > extra PA damage finisher

With Chain Finish
    Chain Trigger> do some cound > even more PA damage finisher

This is based on what I've been told/seen. Not 100%, but yeah...
    Ship 02: Mato Caseal HU 30/FI 30/RA 55/GU 45/FO 30/TE 30/ BR 43

Quote Originally Posted by Courina View Post
    so uh... shoot chain trigger > do some count > PA for finisher?
    Yes, that's it.

Chain trigger seems to level up like Weak Bullet. So, lv 1, 3, 6 or 10 would be prefered.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

seems only lowered the cooldown , -10sec each lv... doesnt seems add more Chain Trigger shoot

Yes, it only affects cooldown. Still, going from 2.5 minutes to 1 minute cooldown is just sweet.