Page 75 of 333 FirstFirst ... 25657273747576777885125175 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kabutozero View Post
    since I was bored waiting for braver build and I don't really care about my gunner with the skills he had before patch I risked and triedd a build , ZRA 1 and 2 maxes , the roll skills all maxed , perfect keeper max , tmg gear , rare mastery gunner 1 and chain 5 ( no PP recovery and chain finish )

And I have to say I think they got gunner up to the other classes now , the first 2 roll skills are mainly to do more damage when you need to evade like mad , but the last one is a BEAST , like someone said it stacks with HU stuff tripling your damage even with pa's with the JA after a dodge... ER deals crazy damage this way and others pa too

This way gunner will prolly be able to do crazy stable damage , someone in my team asked : "But how gunner will apply wb now?" I answered: "Well maybe now gunner has the right to become an STANDALONE CLASS"
    How much damage are we talking about here?

It seems like the timing for getting Stylish Roll JA Bonus to trigger is extremely tight, since simply doing a JA out of a dodge isn't enough to get it to work all the time.

When it does, though, it nearly doubles the damage I deal.

So the s roll JA bonus doesn't stack with RA passives?

it does.... but I do a bit more damage with hu sub... to weakpoints... and if it deals more damage to weakpoints there's no contest for who to sub... standing snipe is useless if spamming PA's using the JA from the dodge

STAND UP TO THE VICTORY !

Quote Originally Posted by kabutozero View Post
    it does.... but I do a bit more damage with hu sub... to weakpoints... and if it deals more damage to weakpoints there's no contest for who to sub... standing snipe is useless if spamming PA's using the JA from the dodge
    Yet losing weak bullet for a bit more damage doesn't seem like a fair trade either. Unless that bit more damage equates to 300%..

Ranger is still the better sub. First off, while Standing Snipe may not play nice with S Roll JA Bonus, it still works fine with gunslash and rifle. And Weak Bullet is still a big deal as ever. No one likes the chump that shows up to Falz as Gunner with no WB to apply. Don't be that guy.

The new Heel Stomp PA seems to be the crowd control(only when charged)/gap closer PA for gunners.

Other things i noticed.
    - After charging Heel Stomp, the last bits of shooting has a very long range.
    - JA Dodge Boost works best if you don't shoot while in the shift dodge. So if just shift dodge and JA a PA it works all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jcart953 View Post
    How much damage are we talking about here?
    Hm, 80k damage per hit of elder rebellion to falz arm weak point? (total of 80k*6 + 100k*3). Usually it's 40k dmg... (I chained)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It seems like the timing for getting Stylish Roll JA Bonus to trigger is extremely tight, since simply doing a JA out of a dodge isn't enough to get it to work all the time.

When it does, though, it nearly doubles the damage I deal.
    I trained to JA out of dodge since I heard about S-roll JA, it's easy once you get the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by lnvisible View Post
    Yet losing weak bullet for a bit more damage doesn't seem like a fair trade either. Unless that bit more damage equates to 300%..
    This is true, if there are no other RA around. I happen to have a RA-HU friend, so he's doing the wb+snipe. And IMO Snipe damage is not as high as total damage of ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    Ranger is still the better sub. First off, while Standing Snipe may not play nice with S Roll JA Bonus, it still works fine with gunslash and rifle. And Weak Bullet is still a big deal as ever. No one likes the chump that shows up to Falz as Gunner with no WB to apply. Don't be that guy.
    GU-not-RA? Why the hate? overall damage is higher since we don't have to always hit weakpoints.
    Most RAs will go RA-HU anyway, not RA-GU, so there will always be a RA around, those that doesnt like Gunners.
    my GuHu is proven to be one of the most-highest-damage of the MPA to Falz, most of the time. And it's pretty obvious that if I use WB, I won't be able to ER/SA.

----

I'm thinking to ditch zero range advance, because srollJA-ing means I have to keep moving around, harder to keep that zero-range. Thoughts?

Why use gunlash and rifle when those doesn't work with S Roll JA Bonus ? question. IF you want to use those weapons play a ranger not a gunner , gunner has the right now to be a class which is not tied to another one , you say losing wb as if you're soloing , I have played with my fighter many parties without wb and no one has died , the damage is damn freaking high , wb is not needed for normal bosses and how much slower you're going to kill a normal boss without WB ?? 30 sec??

Funny because gunner now got skills to do good damage on it's own but people still want it to be a weak class and tie it in to RA for it to be a WB slave... maybe making gunner useful will be an indirect nerf on WB Since not so many people will use it , so thats good with me
    Last edited by kabutozero; Jul 18, 2013 at 02:14 AM.

STAND UP TO THE VICTORY !

"Why use gunslash and rifle when those doesn't work with S Roll JA Bonus?" ...Why should Force use Lightning techs when those don't work with Flame Charge S? Why should Fighter attack from the front when that doesn't benefit from Wise Stance? Why should Ranger use launcher when they can't load Weak Bullet into it? Is this a serious question? Like any class, Gunner has at least a few tools in its arsenal, not the least of which is the gunslash, which contains one of the most potent AoE arts in the game. It would be unwise to ignore such a powerful tool in order to back one single weapon class.