Page 84 of 333 FirstFirst ... 34748182838485868794134184 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKanden View Post
    I fear this gimmick might feel rather gimp to me as I adore the freedom of mobility as a gunner, instead of having to constantly worry about the 200% JA bonus..
    It depends what PAs you were using before and are using now. If you were one of those guys doing the infinite air thing with ER before you really didn't lose much, but BS and SA got a bit more challenging. Infinite Fire was also basically unaffected, you just have to do a roll before you start the PA now. Personally, I think Heel Stab changed the class far more than SRoll JA Bonus did.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKanden View Post
    My real concern is whether the new showtime is worth it. I picked it up out of pure curiousity and I was wondering if this measle investment( error if you will) would be worth it to reset my whole tree in favor of a cookie cutter build? Also, would discarding PK all together affect my dps drastically? I still find that I generally enjoy playing sustain dps, shifting from Elder Rebellion to a gap closer with Dead Approach, unleashing Messiah or a fury of Satellite Aims. It just seem rather unrealistic to maintain 100% HP all the time given the amount of chaos in a MPA, perhaps to an extent even TAs. (Lilipa spinners)
    1. No it is not worth investing into Showtime Star. It's too far down the treeline meaning giving up damage multipliers meaning lower dps. All it does is maximizes your PP size by a fixed amount when can already do that with affixing your gears.
    All a GU needs is 115-125 PP and you are pretty much set, no need for showtime star.
    Better off to go with PP restore than showtime star since PP restore is a passive and STS only triggers when showtime is trigger.

2. PK has a good damage boost, but is way too hard to keep up. It's still nothing compare to JA S Roll. So no, it won't have a real large impact on your DPS.

With the releases of these new skills for gunner can anyone tell me if there worth getting in the first place and did Sega EVER fix Attack PP Restraint for T. Machinegun and Rifles?

and I have 2 skilltree resets and I want to know before I use one.
    If the new skills are great this will be what I will use after I resets my points.
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...000000lb00000f
    [Ship 9] Sharina Wize - Human (F) Main Hero GU/HU/RA/SU/HR Level 90/80/90/80
    [Ship 9] Cyrus Wize - Deuman (M) BR/HU/BO/FO/PH Level 90/90/90/90
    [Ship 9] Isarnia Ishtar - CAST (F) FI/HU/FO Level 90/80/75
    "Life is like a book. many pages many paper cuts."

Maybe they did fix it.

What I did was use a PA, hold attack during the animation so I'll shoot as soon it's done, then hold the PA button during that animation so it'll start charging as soon as my fourth shot is fired.

8 PP without APPR, 12 PP with. I get 4 back without hitting anything.

With a rifle, I get 3 back hitting nothing, 9 without APPR, and 15 with.

Here's my build, taking hints from a few high level gunners around here.

for alternative play style (Chain user)

It's a GuHu build.

A few notes
    • The HU is a full-left-tree build, to maximise damage output.
    • "Why HU? not RA?" RA's multiplier is 25%+25%+15%+15%, HU's damage multiplier is 10%+10%+10%+10%+10%+20%, but it's unconditional, helps a lot with mob clearing, while RA's damage needs to hit weak point.
    • "WB will create weak point, also you're missing the 3x damage, also being useless in party" WB? Shoot then change weapon to TMG? It's either losing 3 bullets or waiting 120 seconds to load another WB. Or go AR all the way and hope other players to kill the monster? Well, this build is for man-of-the-show gunners, not support gunners.
    • "No APPR?" I used APPR, but since the last class balancing, there are stuff more important than that, I removed all points from APPR. And after a few weeks with the new build I don't miss it. So, no.
    • "10 Perfect Keeper" Hu's getting 1% bonuses and striving for it, why not GU? If you are an avid chain user, you can keep this to one.
    • "no chain finish" damage magnification of chain finish is 35% at level 10, and I mostly do 28-30 chain before breaking it, so it's 300-320%. with chain finish it's 400%+ damage. The problem is, I use chain finish for like, once every 5 bosses or so, so I prefer PK. But check the other tree.

Thoughts?

Is attack PP restraint for gunner still bugged? It only gives double PP on the first hit of multi-hit auto-attack shots like twin-machine guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Is attack PP restraint for gunner still bugged? It only gives double PP on the first hit of multi-hit auto-attack shots like twin-machine guns?
    That isn't a bug. Sega has said that's how it was intended for Twin Mechs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrielle View Post

Thoughts?
    The only thing I would change is maxing out Attack PP restraint and adding 1 point in chain versus maxing chain and leaving 0 points in attack PP restraint.
    Last edited by Coatl; Jul 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

So it makes it so you gain 5 PP per hit instead of 4 with twin machine guns? That seems HORRIBLE, is it worth taking?

Was thinking of doing something like this: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...dnbxsNJ2ib0006

Comments/suggestions?

Well it's the same build as Vyrielle. I can't vouch for Attack PP restraint's usefulness, but I still feel it's a lot less situational than chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Not taking train trigger seems silly, you're giving up 600%(with S roll JA bonus) dmg on your next PA every minute, that's huge.